Still cant Drop itemes on the ground (v364)

ctn2003

We still cant drop items on the ground and its becoming a huge problem, as after a wile having piles of junk in the stash slows the game down. And it also makes having a inventory in the game worthless.And after a wile it gets hard looking threw all of the stuff for the one item you really need.  Other backers are also saying the same thing - we want to drop items on the ground if we dont want them. ;(

post-85918-0-21760400-1417046891_thumb.png

Well, I mean, proper sorting capabilities would clear up most of those actual issues. But, still, it would be very nice to be able to drop things.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

They could also let you tag stuff as junk and have a junk tab.

Yes but after a wile it kinda got crazy in the stash it could all be fixed if i could just 1 at least know what im picking up off the ground before i get it 2 drop the stuff i REALLY dont want to carry.

I might be wrong, but was "dropping things on the ground" not already confirmed a while ago to not be planned for PoE?

Something about causing a load of problems if the player would be able to place things on the map.

Well that could change as did a few other thing's threw out POE development. If enough backers say "backers across the board really dont like this and think id be best"  then their might be a good chance

Edited by ctn2003

I really think a simple "Junk" tag like in WL2 would solve this. Click a "Junk" checkbox in the bottom right corner of the item icon (or uncheck it for it to go back) and it gets shifted to the Junk tab in the stash. They can even put in a "Sell All Junk" button when going to a vendor. I have nothing against dropping stuff but a Junk checkbox might be an easier solution.

• Like 1

I really think a simple "Junk" tag like in WL2 would solve this. Click a "Junk" checkbox in the bottom right corner of the item icon (or uncheck it for it to go back) and it gets shifted to the Junk tab in the stash. They can even put in a "Sell All Junk" button when going to a vendor. I have nothing against dropping stuff but a Junk checkbox might be an easier so

Thats a good idea.

I might be wrong, but was "dropping things on the ground" not already confirmed a while ago to not be planned for PoE?

Something about causing a load of problems if the player would be able to place things on the map.

yeah, but they could also have (non-plot) items disappear after a while to solve that.

What happens to items I just don't pick up?  Enemy drops will depend on where they fell so there'll still be items dropped on the ground that I don't take into my stash - what's the difference? (genuine question - I don't know why it would be technically more problematic to drop items on the ground versus leaving enemy loot-drops).

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Seriously, there is no reason to drop things on the ground in a game with infinite inventory.  Just make more regular stops in town to sell off the junk if it is that huge a concern.  If you feel there is a memory issue from having so much stuff in the stash think how bad it would be if the game had to track all those same items.... but now they are all in hundreds of random piles all over the place instead of in one location that the player can empty with very little hassle whenever they want ;p?

• Like 2

Seriously, there is no reason to drop things on the ground in a game with infinite inventory.  Just make more regular stops in town to sell off the junk if it is that huge a concern.  If you feel there is a memory issue from having so much stuff in the stash think how bad it would be if the game had to track all those same items.... but now they are all in hundreds of random piles all over the place instead of in one location that the player can empty with very little hassle whenever they want ;p?

Well like the other guy said we could use a Junk tab like in wastland 2.

• Like 1

Well like the other guy said we could use a Junk tab like in wastland 2.

Oh I definitely agree, you need to be able to sort the stash.

• Like 1