Journalism and sexism in the games industry

LadyCrimson

Longknife: He's expert at trolling people, and generally an ****. But his articles are well written.

Fair enough. I just didn't quite see eye to eye with the Glenn Beck comparison because a totally intolerable ass can still make good logical points.

Then there's Glenn Beck, who could potentially be clinically insane in some way.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

https://archive.today/LwTvG

He's trolling/joking, right?

Who knows anymore?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

He's got a bit of a point on that one. Some of the best games aren't so much "fun" as they are engaging. I doubt he means that, though.

I can bet he means:

- "Socially enlighting"

- "Socially concious"

- "Didactic"

- "Norm Critical"

You know, that kind of preachy game that punishes the player directly or indirectly through shameful dialogues.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

His definition of fun was something something toxic masculinity. I'm not even joking.

1246756-toxicavenger2.jpg

This?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

His definition of fun was something something toxic masculinity. I'm not even joking.

The thought process behind it was something along the lines of fun = power. Meaning that fun was something that privileged males had when they felt powerful and the antithesis of that was males feeling uncomfortable. Just another branch of the good old Marxist ideology of let's hate the white guy.

Disclaimer: as a Hispanic man I give all whiteys full permission to feel outrage.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Uh... Hispanics are white... or that's what I heard when that hispanic guy killed the black guy....

Thank you! that's what I've been trying to tell the other gringos.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Uh... Hispanics are white... or that's what I heard when that hispanic guy killed the black guy....

Wasn't he half-white, and half-hispanic?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

B3emsKVIAAE8Z9x.jpg

As an aside, does anyone else find it funny their Vivian is the Nazi's Aryan ideal?

I llove how even 'anti gamergaters' are often attacked for innocent comments. The problem is many 'anti gamergaters' originally have that stance because they  see the insta label of gamergate = sexist rapist murderers who are zombie dead so of coruse they are gonna say no that is bad. But, the moment they dare try to actually read/research/take part they go ahhhhh gamergaters aren't the evil ones. It's the sjws who are the evil nazi scumbags.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

B3emsKVIAAE8Z9x.jpg

As an aside, does anyone else find it funny their Vivian is the Nazi's Aryan ideal?

Wasn't "their" Vivian created by /pol/ as a troll-attempt? Because this 'LilianWoods' argues like one as well.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I found a game that he would like:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3gynwACEAAfc7O.png

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Dear Lord, the ani's are now tearing eachother apart in a fit of paranoia and insanity.

Wu actually started sounding reasonable.

Randi Harper gets my vote for the most despicable and repugnant person on the internet

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122967-Brenda-Romero-Resigns-IGDA-Post-Over-GDC-Party-UPDATED

Related. Co-chair of IGDA Women resigned because IGDA hosted sexist parties, essentially. True patrons of diversity, those guys.

EDIT: Did you see Ernest W. Adams' comment in the comment section to the article you linked? "You were a critic of our system before you joined, so all your criticism of how it was when you were there is invalid," the man is a two-faced snaked.

Edited by TrueNeutral

IGDA is a cespool. Who would have though:

http://tinysubversions.com/2013/09/some-thoughts-on-the-igda-or-why-i-quit/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122967-Brenda-Romero-Resigns-IGDA-Post-Over-GDC-Party-UPDATED

Related. Co-chair of IGDA Women resigned because IGDA hosted sexist parties, essentially. True patrons of diversity, those guys.

EDIT: Did you see Ernest W. Adams' comment in the comment section to the article you linked? "You were a critic of our system before you joined, so all your criticism of how it was when you were there is invalid," the man is a two-faced snaked.

Like I said I guess I really need to review my stance on projection as a psychological concept....

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Wasn't "their" Vivian created by /pol/ as a troll-attempt? Because this 'LilianWoods' argues like one as well.

I think antis created their own Vivian and /pol/ too saw the Aryan ideal and created Polina.

k6mFjai.jpg

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

B3emsKVIAAE8Z9x.jpg

A sequel here behind the link for profanity:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3hZMu3CEAEFJz0.png:large

Claire Schumann left twitter after a string of bullying related to this, deactivating her account, a literal example of a woman being bullied off the internet by misogynist threat culture... coming from GamerGate opponents.

And then a third part:

proxy.jpg?t=HBgfaHR0cHM6Ly9pLmltZ3VyLmNv

Congratulations, GG opponents. You have proven that there is a toxic misogynist culture online. And you're the perpetrators. I am absolutely sick of this and I have reported every single one of Randi Harpers tweets as cyberbullying.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 2

Dear Lord, the ani's are now tearing eachother apart in a fit of paranoia and insanity.

Wu actually started sounding reasonable.

Randi Harper gets my vote for the most despicable and repugnant person on the internet

Image link to all this happening. Contains coarse language.

Edit: TrueNeutral beat me to it.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So here's what I'm curious about:

Why do so many anti-GG proponents blatantly ignore stuff like this? Certainly a large chunk of their community are misguided individuals who simply want equality for everyone. Why do those same individuals blindly follow authority or the group without question?

I know someone like that. My grandfather. He was a Nazi. C:   (actually true too, every portion of it. Dude literally has no will of his own and will blindly follow any order. Pretty sad and pathetic)