Journalism and sexism in the games industry

LadyCrimson

But it's still frustrating that it's even taking this long. I mean the anti-side is such a miserable joke at this point: https://twitter.com/davidgaliel/status/538942144434950145

I'm hardly interested in Brianna Wu, but this... She's such an abrasive moron. What the hell is "mansplaining" anyway? All he did is provide evidence that her claim was untrue; why would the fact he is a man be even remotely relevant? There are people who think this brazen stupidity is acceptable?

It's a buzzword screeched by harpies when facts are pointed out to them.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

But it's still frustrating that it's even taking this long. I mean the anti-side is such a miserable joke at this point: https://twitter.com/davidgaliel/status/538942144434950145

I'm hardly interested in Brianna Wu, but this... She's such an abrasive moron. What the hell is "mansplaining" anyway? All he did is provide evidence that her claim was untrue; why would the fact he is a man be even remotely relevant? There are people who think this brazen stupidity is acceptable? 

It is when you're a woman who needs no man or education.

Generally, I would agree that some people can be condescending with their explanations but I wouldn't use a gender term instead. Just like I wouldn't use one instead of hysteria.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It is when you're a woman who needs no man or education.

Generally, I would agree that some people can be condescending with their explanations but I wouldn't use a gender term instead. Just like I wouldn't use one instead of hysteria.

I think I've said before that the studies SJWs are involved in must be on the complete opposite end of the spectrum from law.

The idea of the term "mansplaining" is horribly inobjective and wishes to associate a condescending tone with an entire gender, rather than viewing things case by case and attempting to actually recognize an actual case of condescention. It's also, quite ironically, blatantly sexist, as it carries a tone that all men are condescending know-it-alls. And of course, don't even get me started on the ad hominem elements and how this and terms like "sealioning" only serve to discourage productive discussion and debate.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The boobplate has been removed! I repeat, The boobplate has been removed! Order restored! Chaos is defeated! Love has truimphed over evil!

https://twitter.com/Bastille1790/status/539117991758409729

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I didn't know it was gone. Did some journalists really threaten to not give the game coverage if they didn't change the poster? I'm looking for a sauce that's not a thunderf00t video here because I can't stand the man.

Mind if I ask why?

I'm guessing you'll say arrogant tone which surprises me. I sorta hear it but he still sounds reasonable to me. You wanna talk arrogance I will not listen to, talk the Amazing Athiest, Bill Maher or Phillip Defranco. Jesus their egos are audible.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The boobplate has been removed! I repeat, The boobplate has been removed! Order restored! Chaos is defeated! Love has truimphed over evil!

It doesn't bother me, but to be honest, the more armored one simply looked better... sometimes less revealing looks simply better. Boobs are just that... boobs... I've seen them more times than I can count....

It doesn't bother me, but to be honest, the more armored one simply looked better... sometimes less revealing looks simply better. Boobs are just that... boobs... I've seen them more times than I can count....

Me too, but I still like to look at them :)

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Me too, but I still like to look at them :)

Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Give a man boobs and... ok this has completely broken.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So an anonymous account makes a bad joke about the ferguson-riots and people doxx him/her and their mom in hope that someone will burn their house down. Sounds logical, normal and morally sound. Kinda like the same morals as of certain journalists.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So an anonymous account makes a bad joke about the ferguson-riots and people doxx him/her and their mom in hope that someone will burn their house down. Sounds logical, normal and morally sound. Kinda like the same morals as of certain journalists.

Well what do you expect from people supporting criminal who robbed shop and then threaten policeman?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Eh, while I certainly condemn doxxing people and threatening to burn their house down, a quick look through that person's blog doesn't do much to instill sympathy for her on a personal level.

For anyone who now wants to have a go at me for implying she deserves what she is getting, see the first part of the sentence. Thanks.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Based mom:

HcmHYaa.png

• Like 6

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Based mom:

HcmHYaa.png

Between this and the wave of harassment of women, it looks like feminists hate women and are mostly biological males. Pretty funny when you think about it.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The limerick is in extremely poor taste and that person is an a-hole for posting it.  That said, the people doxxing said person, harassing her, and making threats against her are scumbags, and those threatening and harassing her family are straight up monsters.  Regardless of what Social Justice Warriors believe, just because somebody did something wrong, or they're an a-hole, or a racist, doesn't give you carte blanche to dish out retribution how you see fit and without ethical and moral repercussions.  Just because the person you're going after is a bad person, that doesn't absolve you of your actions.  If you murder a gang banger, you're still a murderer.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hearing rumours that several pro-GG game devs, some of them AAA, got bullied into quitting their jobs after they revealed who they really were. They went by the handles "The Goldbat" and "Ivy Clover". Anyone got info on that?

I've only read this: http://theralphretort.com/claim-aaa-artist-threatened-quitting-gamergate-support/

Rumours are flying around that it is someone from M$, but that would end in one hell of a cluster**** that were true. Still playing the waiting-game for my part.

//Edit: Oh dear, second screenshot, last tweet especially:

oz4QAbl.jpg

KOmLLBK.jpg

33vot8y.jpg

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Ivy Clover is going bananas on his/her (unsure) Twitter. This may be pretty entertaining, if not a solid positive break, in the end.

Thanks for the heads up, TN.

Yeah, her twitter feed is all in caps-lock. Difficult to tell what's (she?)'s on about. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"Lol yeah, why do people think you guys are misogynistic I wonder. It's a mystery."

So... a woman who loves to look at a man's abs is sexist?  COME ON.

"Eh, while I certainly condemn doxxing people and threatening to burn their house down, a quick look through that person's blog doesn't do much to instill sympathy for her on a personal level.

For anyone who now wants to have a go at me for implying she deserves what she is getting, see the first part of the sentence. Thanks."

\What a coward. Own what you write. Don't pretend you condemn dozxing and fire burning then say you have no sympathy yet then right afterwards pretend you don't think she deserves it. Own your evil don't hide behind silly words. Doxxing is overrated. i've doxxed myself. L0L But, burning down houses/ Uncool.

On top of that, what she originally wrote was harshbut then again she is talking about a thug who ROBBED someone.  It was not some kid.  The line by itself also isn't racist unless you think thug = black which is funny since there are plenty of white thugs in the world. Her joke is definitely crass and in poor taste but nowhere near deserving as the attacks on her and the extremism.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.