Journalism and sexism in the games industry

LadyCrimson

http://techraptor.net/content/untimely-gamer-attempts-boycott-seedscape-developers-political-views

Pro-corruption folks fail to drive a woman out of the industry. Gamergate pushes and gets her game greenlight. Well done you magnificent bastards.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Pro-corruption folks fail to drive a woman out of the industry.

LOL. Ironic indeed.

For being champions of women, they sure seem to want them to keep out of the industry.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

After I linked the steam greenlight page for SeedScape I saw that TotalBiscuit had tweeted about the game. After that I figured there was no stopping a successful greenlight. It is sad that TB has enough clout to counteract the ambivalence from the rest of the media and some attempts to keep it from being greenlit from other sources. Although a "no" under the green light system just ensures the user never sees the game again. It won't counter a yes vote. Valve just wants enough buys to ensure it is justifiable to include in the store.

I will likely buy it as I haven't had a good harvest moon or animal crossing game in a while. I have become pretty much PC only as I get older. Although a Nintendo system is the most likely console purchase for me since most the titles on the other consoles will likely hit pc.

• Like 1

...and already posted in the earlier thread :)

But this Seedscape actually looks like a game (with stupidly adorable design). Quite interesting considering what the journalists on the other side of the fence have been championing and defending.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, they are awlays crying about less 'violent so called manly' games  and having more 'cutesy feminine' games (which is beyond sexist in ofitself) yet when one is on offer they oppose it even thoguh it's made by a friggin' woman. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

http://techraptor.net/content/untimely-gamer-attempts-boycott-seedscape-developers-political-views

Pro-corruption folks fail to drive a woman out of the industry. Gamergate pushes and gets her game greenlight. Well done you magnificent bastards.

That seed game looks like harvest moon had a baby with animal crossing.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Number of video game titles by women GG has rallied to support: 2

Number of video game titles by women GG has rallied against: 0

Number of video game titles by women anti-GG has rallied to support: 0

Number of video game titles by women anti-GG has rallied against: 2

Sound about right? Did I forget anyone?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

When anti-GG accused us of harassing women; it was just a case of projection. :)

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

So Robert Rosario, the IGDA exec who was unfairly placed on the blocklist, has been doxxed and had his children threatened and has had harassment incited against him for criticizing the blocklist and Raspberry Pi's decision to enforce it.

Image here, photos of children and car censored:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3aWX5eIcAAzUxJ.png

Tell me again how GamerGate is responsible for harassment? I think the "opponents" of GamerGate as an entity, mostly characterised by outright stupidity before, have finally slipped into full on malice. It would be very easy at this point to paint with broad strokes and tell people that this is what you're supporting if you're against GamerGate, but thankfully I am not an idiot and I know not everyone who has an opinion on GamerGate is a harasser. ;)

• Like 2

The underlying cruelty of those people amaze me at some times. I wonder of they can try to justify murder anytime soon...better not dwell in those thoughts.

Chomsky on post-modernistic thoughts and methods, sound familiar? :)

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Milo is on the warpath again:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/11/27/An-open-letter-to-Bloomberg-s-Sheelah-Kolhatkar-on-the-delicate-matter-of-Anita-Sarkeesian

Whenever feminist groups have partnered with social media organisations, their censorship targets have been critics of feminism and not abusers. Their overarching aim is to press for government regulation of the internet, perhaps even targeting anonymity itselfThat's because anonymity is a place where cultural hegemony is challenged. With their media connections and celebrity support, social justice warriors are the cultural hegemony, regardless of how much they claim to be oppressed victims.

I....I agree with Milo? Before i know it, maybe Glen Beck sounds a reasonable man by how this is going.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

When anti-GG accused us of harassing women; it was just a case of projection. :)

I REALLY hate projection as an argument. It always came off as a childish and simplistic "WHATEVER U SAY BOUNCES OFF OF ME AND STICKS TO U" sort of response. Don't get me wrong, there's some merit in that a liar is more likely to accuse others of lying and a cheater is more likely to accuse others of cheating simply in that these sorts of people are more familiar with the techniques and, because they utilize them often themselves, consider them to be more normal and common, so to a small degree I think it has merit. Small example, once a girl had deduced I liked submissive girls and asked me if she was right, I confirmed it, and simply from that question I deduced she herself was a submissive girl because only a submissive (or dominant) girl would be able to deduce that as she's familiar with the attitude and only a submissive girl would have an interest in knowing my answer. To that degree, I think it has merit.

But holy crap this whole GamerGate-SJW issue is challenging my stance on the projection argument. It's staggering the amount of data to suggest they are. So many privileged (financially) white men, so many instances of harassment that continue to occur whereas GGs are...well, when was the last time a GGer was accused of harassment? It's just mind-boggling, and yeah I may follow up this whole event when it's all said and done by finding a psychologist and asking them what merit projection actually has.

I....I agree with Milo? Before i know it, maybe Glen Beck sounds a reasonable man by how this is going.

Off-topic a tad but....

I've heard of Milo's reputation but know little about the guy beyond his interest in GamerGate.

What exactly are his radical stances that would make you compare him to Glenn Beck? If I'm to be blunt, Glenn is literally a bat**** crazy conspiracy theorist.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I don't think Anita deserved to have such attention.

Longknife: He's expert at trolling people, and generally an ****. But his articles are well written.

Orogun01: ??

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Anyone knows where to send it to?

Guildmaster?

Also, third FTC update.

YYEEEEESSS

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Anyone knows where to send it to?

Guildmaster? Also, third FTC update.
tumblr_lo22s0NGhU1qzxr43.gif

Anyways:https://archive.today/UGjPE

Nintendo is dying because their games are very successful and they don't release on IPad.

Edited by KaineParker