What You See Is What You Get Loot System

Sensuki

We do have such a system, but the prefabs still need to be marked to do it.  Creatures like beetles and wolves don't get marked that way because they aren't going to drop their critter weapons, just pelts, shells, etc.

Whoa, now! If a bobcat is using retractable claws, I demand that my character have the option of becoming Wolverine after slaying one and equipping its weapon, u_u...

:)

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I would like to get this feature too. Maybe the loot could be needed for our gards in the castle (I mean, changing loot => money to loot => defense power)

I love this idea to take it, and, if you play smart, to be able to get this frozen sword which make your heart slow down some other used against you.

Nevermind, thanks for the clarificaton sir ! (I juste failed without reading it to the end)

Edited by Grinsevent

Pretty much all critters that are wielding weapons and wearing armor that could be of use to the players should be dropping those items.  I know there are enemies in the BB and the game in general that don't drop their gear right now, but they are supposed to and our area designers are making a pass to ensure that.

Great news.

And thank you for all of the clarifications!

(Oh my god, you have no idea how annoyed I was by the loot system in Wasteland 2 (what you can see is what you will almost certainly NOT get - lol), so hearing that PoE stays far from this nonsense makes me a very happy backer :);) ).

Edited by Sky_walker

Yeah, I'm pretty glad we have that !

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

Don't feel I need to read all of this.

I totally agree! It adds to the feel of the game, and makes the "look" of the enemy worth more, he's not just a character attacking you, he's a character with a nice full plate mail, boots of speed and a shiny one handed sword attacking you, from a loot perspective it's more fun knowing that a character with interesting loot will drop INTERESTING LOOT. And if a guy has a flaming sword you might want to be carefull of the guy with the flaming sword, but the longer you play with "random" loot the less you'll care about how the enemy looks imo, it also breaks immersion. It's one of the reason wolfs shouldn't drop copper pieces, and ogres shouldn't drop short swords (unless there is a reason for him to have stolen/found one)

P.S

Seems this was already happening then :p Should have read I guess :D

Edited by kat7ra

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Good news everyone: Today I fixed an issue that prevented creatures from dropping their equipped weapons and secondary weapon set.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Good news everyone: Today I fixed an issue that prevented creatures from dropping their equipped weapons and secondary weapon set.

Rejoice!

But... I have yet to joice. How, then, can I do it again? o_O

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Rejoice!

But... I have yet to joice. How, then, can I do it again? o_O

Joice; then do it again.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.