Hyper-Real Robots

Guard Dog

Can't help but be reminded of the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, though I believe that the young lady shown being arrested by Max-Tac is a brain, spinal cord and a pair of eyes in a robotic body. Still not something i'd partake in, though fairly standard fayre in Sci-Fi, just seems odd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc

Edit: Though to be honest can one have a gender when one has no reproductive organs at all? Does it matter at all? Very strange.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Can't help but be reminded of the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, though I believe that the young lady shown being arrested by Max-Tac is a brain, spinal cord and a pair of eyes in a robotic body. Still not something i'd partake in, though fairly standard fayre in Sci-Fi, just seems odd.

Edit: Though to be honest can one have a gender when one has no reproductive organs at all? Does it matter at all? Very strange.

My thinking that if there ever were a real possibility of cyborg bodies like that, and given the costs of such a technology, it would inevitably lead to a practically immortal elite upper class of people with no regard for real human life. The world would be their perverse playground to live out their twisted fantasies born out of a lifetime of otherwise perpetual boredom.

But then again, that's just my theory. :grin:

There's actually a science fiction story, I can't remember who the author is right now at the moment, about a world where something akin happened. Basically a population of people is raised on a far away planet, groomed to perform on special days, when bored bureaucrats from other world link up with robots present on that planet to live out their vilest fantasies on the poor inhabitants. Hmm, does that ring a bell with anyone?

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Building a robot that looks and moves like a human is the easy part. We're still decades from creating an AI that has the wits of a fruit fly :(

• Like 1

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My thinking that if there ever were a real possibility of cyborg bodies like that, and given the costs of such a technology, it would inevitably lead to a practically immortal elite upper class of people with no regard for real human life. The world would be their perverse playground to live out their twisted fantasies born out of a lifetime of otherwise perpetual boredom.

There's actually a science fiction story, I can't remember who the author is right now at the moment, about a world where something akin happened. Basically a population of people is raised on a far away planet, groomed to perform on special days, when bored bureaucrats from other world link up with robots present on that planet to live out their vilest fantasies on the poor inhabitants. Hmm, does that ring a bell with anyone?

That doesn't make much sense to me. They have sex dolls that aren't crappy so now they're sadistic monsters with complete control over a planet's population. What else makes them sadistic monsters? State of the art toasters?

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

That doesn't make much sense to me. They have sex dolls that aren't crappy so now they're sadistic monsters with complete control over a planet's population. What else makes them sadistic monsters? State of the art toasters?

I was talking about cyborgs. Actual people, with (part) robot bodies.

Nonek was talking about a real brain, a real spinal cord and real eyes in an otherwise robot body. So basically a cyborg. My thinking is that something like that would be very expensive and valuable, and only available to the incredibly wealthy. Imagine a rich old geezer, close to breathing out his last breathe. Imagine him having the chance to replace his crooked old body with a perfect robotic one. It would be like buying immortality. And once you are a cyborg, how would you look at normal people, especially after you've outlived a few generations of them?

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.