Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Finally finished my first play through.  That final boss fight was really easy, all things considered.  Maybe I'd leveled up too far before tackling the final mission, but the end boss gave me zero trouble.

It certainly drops a lot of hints about various possible DLC/expansion stories.  The Warden thing could be interesting, though it might simply be BioWare dropping random bread crumbs that never actually result in anything.

I was a little disappointed that the person I'd had a discussion with about supporting as the new Divine ended up not being the new Divine, and no mention of why not.  Apparently my pull as Inquisitor only goes so far.

I hope BioWare patches some of the dialogue issues I had before I try a second play through.  The Stroud one during one of the main quest missions was the worst, as I seemed to miss out on some key dialogue about what was going on.

I liked it better than both previous DA games, even though the main storyline wasn't all that interesting.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just finished my second game

Will probably give a rest and wait for some DLC/expansions before giving it a third go

What were the best schematics you found?

Masterwork tier 3 stuff but it seemed to be equal or slightly weaker than the highest level unique items

Free games updated 3/4/21

Just finished my second game

Will probably give a rest and wait for some DLC/expansions before giving it a third go

What were the best schematics you found?

Masterwork tier 3 stuff but it seemed to be equal or slightly weaker than the highest level unique items

When the game hits the top item cap mid-Act 3, it really hits it.

After hours of exciting and often challenging combat on Nightmare difficulty, I stumbled over these words, written by Kirk Hamilton, Kotaku:

"There's no healing spell in the game, which is a bold move and in my experience so far, a successful one. The only way to heal mid-combat is by using potions, and you're initially limited to eight among your entire party. That means that buffs, barriers, and guards become extremely important, and you'll no longer have to dedicate one of your four party members to act as healer to the other three. The game encourages a satisfying blend of caution and aggression, and it really works."

I couldn't agree more.

It's streamlined and rather ARPG-y, but it certainly is great fun and challenging in quite a lot of ways depending on your party composition.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

How does the difficulty work? Is it more than more enemy hit points and DPS? If so, how?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy