Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Y'know if a whole game was made with that kind of lighthearted tone, I'd totally be into it. Then I realise it's just another way of expressing my long-held desire for an Oglaf CRPG.

You should totally tell that to the creator.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Iron Bull scene with a female is much more arousing. It's like the Minotaur and Ariadne.

They are going to beastiality now...

Not just Islam, but religion, DA is all about...."God hate you", "God don't exist", "It's not miracle, it's science", "you must convert or we will kill you", "my religion demand that i kill my self by set my self on fire", "the prophet is still alive, let us all go nuts and killing people"....

I thought you guys have realized that already...

Must....resist.....GODDAMMIT......

...ok. This thread is about Dragon Age: Inquisition. Carry on.

In term of story, i do have chat with David Gaider, i say he should just focus the theme on Grey Warden, Darkspawn and Archdemon, because that what have been established in the first game. Other things are just spices in the story, much like DA:O, the whole thing is about the Blight but all the way we involve in politic, solving problems, and much more.

You see in DA:O, we are involve in Mage and Templar prob, Werewolves and Dalish prob, Orzamar politic, Ferelden politic, Alienage prob, seeking ancient myth, ect ect ect...each with their stories. The main story is of course The Blight, but that just the central story.

It is all changed since DA2, since they want to throw "The Blight" into trash can, i don't say DA2 must be about The Blight, but just make it related. It is better if the main character being recruited into Grey Warden, and then main story is related with "The Blight". There can be Mage and Templar prob whatsoever, but it is how the main character as a Grey Warden get involved in. Then about seeking out the cure of the taint for example.

DA3 can be about hunting broodmothers instead of closing demon gates, and then about relationship between magic, The Fade, demons and Archdemon. Giving somekind of conclusion. The main character must be a Grey Warden. If there must another military order such as "inquisition" make it Grey Wardens who have to create this new order because of something

That is how DA will have it's own identity, have focus, when we say Dragon Age, thing that come to mind is "Grey Warden", like when we say "Star Wars" thing that come to mind is "Jedi". But now it have been too late, it is because of changing policy in BioWare, DA2 is totally a tool of propagandas, that is why the story is bad, and now what is the story anyway? Do we even care the story?

I asked David Gaider "what is Dragon Age is all about?"....actually it's nothing, just bunch of propagandas

Edited by Qistina

You are silly. The Blight was finished the minute the Archdemon was killed so how could the sequels be about the blight? That's dumb.

You claim the theme should be the warden, darkspawn, and archdemon then claim it shouldn't be. Also, ignoring the fact that the archdemon is dead so it can no longer be the focus.

Also, DA2 was related to to the Blight. It's the entire reason why Hawke's family went running back to Kirkwall. Did you not pay attention?

You seem so focused on overrtaing DA1 and think everything should be about the GW.  Screw the GW.

Is that it? You are mad because you aren't as grey warden anymore?

HAHAHA! Grey Warden - soemthing that a lot of people (not me) didn't even like about DA and you want to keep it for all eternity. HAHAHAA!

P.S. It would be nice, though, if Grey Warden was made a 'specialization', though as an option. But, as a focus? Nah. That was good for one game.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This is gonna be my last response to Qis before ignoring her/you:

I get you don't like the game, but please do not spoil it for people that are currently playing it. That's just dowright rude. And please stop acting like we're all a bunch of idiots because we don't agree that the game is anything more than a video game. 

Nobody on this thread - on this forum - wants to hear it. 

• Like 2

This is gonna be my last response to Qis before ignoring her/you:

I get you don't like the game, but please do not spoil it for people that are currently playing it. That's just dowright rude. And please stop acting like we're all a bunch of idiots because we don't agree that the game is anything more than a video game. 

I fully understand your point of view and you're very correct.  I've had beefs with games before myself, but I've never seen the level of vendetta Qistina has with DA:I, not even Hoon Ding with The Witcher 2 (step up your game, Hoon Ding!).  At the same time, she(?)'s on the verge of going Full Oby, and I really really really want to see that, for the entertainment value.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You're wrong. You don't speak for everybody on this forum. If you don't want to see Qistina's posts, there's an ignore function. Use it.

Qistina, please go ahead and post. I can speak for myself by saying I enjoy this thread for the entertainment value, seeing where things go, especially your posts and how people react to them.

Let's not resort to bullying (yes, goading with the intent to mock is a form of bullying). I'd rather not be a part of that.

Oh for ****s sake, get over yourself.   You've been mocking any opposing viewpoint for months on end (In fairness I've done so myself), now you're going to act as a self-appointed moral arbiter?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This thread is becoming more interesting than the game itself. Someone should send a link to Bioware so they can study convincing characters and dialog 

• Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Iron Bull scene with a female is much more arousing. It's like the Minotaur and Ariadne.

They are going to beastiality now...

Not just Islam, but religion, DA is all about...."God hate you", "God don't exist", "It's not miracle, it's science", "you must convert or we will kill you", "my religion demand that i kill my self by set my self on fire", "the prophet is still alive, let us all go nuts and killing people"....

I thought you guys have realized that already...

Must....resist.....GODDAMMIT......

...ok. This thread is about Dragon Age: Inquisition. Carry on.

In term of story, i do have chat with David Gaider, i say he should just focus the theme on Grey Warden, Darkspawn and Archdemon, because that what have been established in the first game. Other things are just spices in the story, much like DA:O, the whole thing is about the Blight but all the way we involve in politic, solving problems, and much more.

You see in DA:O, we are involve in Mage and Templar prob, Werewolves and Dalish prob, Orzamar politic, Ferelden politic, Alienage prob, seeking ancient myth, ect ect ect...each with their stories. The main story is of course The Blight, but that just the central story.

It is all changed since DA2, since they want to throw "The Blight" into trash can, i don't say DA2 must be about The Blight, but just make it related. It is better if the main character being recruited into Grey Warden, and then main story is related with "The Blight". There can be Mage and Templar prob whatsoever, but it is how the main character as a Grey Warden get involved in. Then about seeking out the cure of the taint for example.

DA3 can be about hunting broodmothers instead of closing demon gates, and then about relationship between magic, The Fade, demons and Archdemon. Giving somekind of conclusion. The main character must be a Grey Warden. If there must another military order such as "inquisition" make it Grey Wardens who have to create this new order because of something

That is how DA will have it's own identity, have focus, when we say Dragon Age, thing that come to mind is "Grey Warden", like when we say "Star Wars" thing that come to mind is "Jedi". But now it have been too late, it is because of changing policy in BioWare, DA2 is totally a tool of propagandas, that is why the story is bad, and now what is the story anyway? Do we even care the story?

I asked David Gaider "what is Dragon Age is all about?"....actually it's nothing, just bunch of propagandas

Proof of your conversation with David Gaider please. Also, why is anti-religion a bad theme? Isn't Dragon Age art? Shouldn't it, as art in general, be provocative and critical to aspects of the human condition? Why is it necessary for the setting to have grey wardens if there's more to the world itself? 

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This thread is becoming more interesting than the game itself. Someone should send a link to Bioware so they can study convincing characters and dialog

Please don't, chances are most of us will end up as romance options.

• Like 7

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

You are silly. The Blight was finished the minute the Archdemon was killed so how could the sequels be about the blight? That's dumb.

You claim the theme should be the warden, darkspawn, and archdemon then claim it shouldn't be. Also, ignoring the fact that the archdemon is dead so it can no longer be the focus.

Also, DA2 was related to to the Blight. It's the entire reason why Hawke's family went running back to Kirkwall. Did you not pay attention?

You seem so focused on overrtaing DA1 and think everything should be about the GW.  Screw the GW.

Is that it? You are mad because you aren't as grey warden anymore?

HAHAHA! Grey Warden - soemthing that a lot of people (not me) didn't even like about DA and you want to keep it for all eternity. HAHAHAA!

P.S. It would be nice, though, if Grey Warden was made a 'specialization', though as an option. But, as a focus? Nah. That was good for one game.

DA2 is a totally bad story not related with anything, only using Dragon Age universe.

Act 1 - find gold, 50 gold to be exact, then off to deep road, found an idol

Act 2 - Kirkwal under Qunari attack, because someone stole their book, kill or deal with Qunari leader

Act 3 - Meredith go nut, kill her, side with Mages or Templar doesn't matter

And now DA:I complete new thing not related to DA2 vanilla but DA2 DLC. DA2 is nothing now and forgotten

Want to know why Star Wars, LotR and many more sagas are epic and remembered? Because they all have identity, no matter the story is good or bad, it is remembered because of their identity, their central theme. Grey Warden sould be Dragon Age central theme. You see DA:O advertisment trailers? We being introduce with the cenral theme of DA, it is all about "what it means to be a Grey Warden", "Join us in the shadow where we stay vigilant...."

Proof of your conversation with David Gaider please. Also, why is anti-religion a bad theme? Isn't Dragon Age art? Shouldn't it, as art in general, be provocative and critical to aspects of the human condition? Why is it necessary for the setting to have grey wardens if there's more to the world itself? 

I got perma banned from BSN, but before that i delete everything as far as i can, there's 3500 posts or so, i don't remember, so i cannot prove it to you.

As for why it is important to have Grey Warden as the central theme, it is because that is what we have been established in the first place.

You may argue using TES, but TES is different thing, it is an open world where the story never being the important thing. Players love TES not bcause of it's story, and TES stories suck. Most players love TES because of the world it give, and that is. Most players don't even care to pursue the main plot in TES games, just want to be in that world, romaing around, messing around until bored to death.

It is different with DA, the game is a story, a story about you as any role you choose, then it progress as the story progress, the central theme is being a Grey Warden and how your perception on "what it is mean to be a Grey Warden", that is the issue, you are a new recruit, your master dead, you only assume your role as a Grey Warden.

So for the next story they should maintain that, giving another perspective of being a Grey Warden, and so on for the next story. That way Dragon Age will be remembered, because it have central theme, and not just bunch of stories of different characters.

So now, what Dragon Age is all about?

As you can see, Dragon Age Origin trailer is so awesome compared with DA2 and DA:I, as yourself why...

Edited by Qistina

Please don't, chances are most of us will end up as romance options.

As long as it will be accomapnied by the Twitch's chat famous "raise your donger" I can live with it.

BTW. if talking about cool DA cinematics, anyone remembers this one?

even weapon sizes were not that bad, and it actually also gave away some personalities of NPC companions

then came the Hawke

anime style oversized weapons, mute one man army

and here the DA:I "cinematic"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvIISBA3I4

it seems that even in that department they are getting worse...

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

"Act 1 - find gold, 50 gold to be exact, then off to deep road, found an idol

Act 2 - Kirkwal under Qunari attack, because someone stole their book, kill or deal with Qunari leader

Act 3 - Meredith go nut, kill her, side with Mages or Templar doesn't matter"

This sounda familiar. Oh yeah. It's BG2. LMAO

"Want to know why Star Wars, LotR and many more sagas are epic and remembered? Because they all have identity, no matter the story is good or bad, it is remembered because of their identity, their central theme. Grey Warden sould be Dragon Age central theme. You see DA:O advertisment trailers? We being introduce with the cenral theme of DA, it is all about "what it means to be a Grey Warden", "Join us in the shadow where we stay vigilant...."

You still haven't explained why the Wardens should be then 'DA theme'.  btw, DA is remembered. It's why there's a part 3. Nice try, though. Again, you ignore the fact in your haste to spam about the GW that plenty of people (not me) LOATHED the idea of the GW and liked DA1 IN SPITE of them NOT BECAUSE of them. LMAO

DA theme is politics. It's always has been. Loghain vs PC/that other idiot, Hawke climbing of the ranks of  Kirkwall politics, and now the Inquisition. It's also about dragons. DRAGONS. D.R.A.G.O.N.S. It's called DRAGON Age NOT warden age for a reason. LMAO

• Like 2

You still haven't explained why the Wardens should be then 'DA theme'.  btw, DA is remembered. It's why there's a part 3. Nice try, though. Again, you ignore the fact in your haste to spam about the GW that plenty of people (not me) LOATHED the idea of the GW and liked DA1 IN SPITE of them NOT BECAUSE of them. LMAO

DA theme is politics. It's always has been. Loghain vs PC/that other idiot, Hawke climbing of the ranks of  Kirkwall politics, and now the Inquisition. It's also about dragons. DRAGONS. D.R.A.G.O.N.S. It's called DRAGON Age NOT warden age for a reason. LMAO

Once drones attack me when i say Dragon Age is supposed to be about dragons especially the Archdemon, about relationship between dragons, Archdemon and Grey Wardens....they say "Star Wars is not about war between stars, Lord of the Rings is not about the owner of the ring", so i give that answer to you....

It is funny how come DA:O fans loathe Grey Wardens, what do you guys like about DA:O anyway? Sex scenes?

And it is weird "DA:O fans" hate everything about the game, then asking BioWare to create new games using Dragon Age title...and so we all get DA2 and now DA:I...thanks to "DA:O fans"

Edited by Qistina

"Once drones attack me when i say Dragon Age is supposed to be about dragons especially the Archdemon, about relationship between dragons, Archdemon and Grey Wardens....they say "Star Wars is not about war between stars, Lord of the Rings is not about the owner of the ring", so i give that answer to you...."

\Let me get this striaght... you sued to believe DA was about dragons then some posters  told you it wans't about drgaons and made you change your mind/ WTH?

"It is funny how come DA:O fans loathe Grey Wardens, "

Not all do.

"what do you guys like about DA:O anyway? Sex scenes?"

Over 4 million people bought and played DA. I'm sure their reasoning for liking it for those who did varies. You seem to like DA because of grey wardens. I liked it for characters, fun game play, and aventuring. Plus dwarves. Mainly dwarves.

"And it is weird "DA:O fans" hate everything about the game,"

They don't hate everything. And, if you ask different people they'll give you different things they like and different things they hate, People are varied.

"then asking BioWare to create new games using Dragon Age title...and so we all get DA2 and now DA:I...thanks to "DA:O fans"

And?

P.S. Good video. Again, I perosnally like the wardens.

Edited by Volourn

More specifically, it's called AGE for a reason.

So... I'm in the last stretch of the games main plot and HOLY HELL a lot of stuff just turned into a gambit pileup

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I am really crying right now...that song and the video is so touching....

:( :( :( :(

i miss the grey wardens too..

btw,how you managed to get perma banned?

I got perma banned from BSN, but before that i delete everything as far as i can, there's 3500 posts or so, i don't remember, so i cannot prove it to you.

As for why it is important to have Grey Warden as the central theme, it is because that is what we have been established in the first place.

You may argue using TES, but TES is different thing, it is an open world where the story never being the important thing. Players love TES not bcause of it's story, and TES stories suck. Most players love TES because of the world it give, and that is. Most players don't even care to pursue the main plot in TES games, just want to be in that world, romaing around, messing around until bored to death.

It is different with DA, the game is a story, a story about you as any role you choose, then it progress as the story progress, the central theme is being a Grey Warden and how your perception on "what it is mean to be a Grey Warden", that is the issue, you are a new recruit, your master dead, you only assume your role as a Grey Warden.

So for the next story they should maintain that, giving another perspective of being a Grey Warden, and so on for the next story. That way Dragon Age will be remembered, because it have central theme, and not just bunch of stories of different characters.

So now, what Dragon Age is all about?

As you can see, Dragon Age Origin trailer is so awesome compared with DA2 and DA:I, as yourself why...

Dragon Age games doesn't mean it must be necessary for the protagonist to be a GW

on the contrary,GW should not be cut out from the game and play a major role

i agree,the trailer for DA:O is awesome

"Once drones attack me when i say Dragon Age is supposed to be about dragons especially the Archdemon, about relationship between dragons, Archdemon and Grey Wardens....they say "Star Wars is not about war between stars, Lord of the Rings is not about the owner of the ring", so i give that answer to you...."

\Let me get this striaght... you sued to believe DA was about dragons then some posters  told you it wans't about drgaons and made you change your mind/ WTH?

"It is funny how come DA:O fans loathe Grey Wardens, "

Not all do.

"what do you guys like about DA:O anyway? Sex scenes?"

Over 4 million people bought and played DA. I'm sure their reasoning for liking it for those who did varies. You seem to like DA because of grey wardens. I liked it for characters, fun game play, and aventuring. Plus dwarves. Mainly dwarves.

"And it is weird "DA:O fans" hate everything about the game,"

They don't hate everything. And, if you ask different people they'll give you different things they like and different things they hate, People are varied.

"then asking BioWare to create new games using Dragon Age title...and so we all get DA2 and now DA:I...thanks to "DA:O fans"

And?

P.S. Good video. Again, I perosnally like the wardens.

aside from the fact that the "Sex Scenes" being the classic prudish ridicolous bioware method

i liked DA:O for the characters,the story,the feel of having a big responsibility in your hands,and for the immersion

the biodrones are the majority of users on the bioware forums,and they'll say that the game sucked because it had too dialogue and not enough romance

The Grey Wardens were one of the most insipid elements of Origins, mere recycling of SPECTRE or jedi concept from previous games.

I don't want to be a part of any pro bono save the world organization. The only reason they're in the game is because that way writers don't have to struggle with providing credible motivation for the PC. Instead your participation in the organization becomes a justification for being the  galactic errand boy, for the game feeding you tasks and holding the reigns of the plot. 

At least in BG you're forced into doing what you're doing by your lineage and fate and in PST by your mistakes your previous life. I understand that a story driven RPG must force upon the PC a certain sequence of events (either that or give up on the story, TES style), but for god's sake, let it at least be plausible. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.