Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

So I tried playing as a dual dagger rogue for a bit and I found it kinda underwhelming they don't have range as a safety and no way to mitigate damage like a warrior or mage. Anyone playing a melee rogue have some insights?

So you disapprove of all BG2 instant death spells as well?

well, death spells worked both ways. Besdisdes you had summons, control spells, could kite with ranged, had missle immunity etc. It wasn't a simple gear and level check like in the MMO type games, or god awful Diablo 3...

You could use tactics to overcome the level and gear difference. Big brute? set traps. Nimble ****, use control spells or meat shield summons and pile up on the thing. and many many more. there was of course a chance to use death spells to kill living things, like finger of death, or even desintegration. Easiest way to check the power level of a creature unknown to you was just run in summons first and see what it does...

Things I learned today from the Dragon Age Wiki...

The leader of the Mage Rebellion is actually Alistair's elven-former-grey-warden mom. I kid you not.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have a joke conspiracy where Fiona and Maric conspired to establish a Grey Warden nation and throw Orlais and the Chantry into chaos. Mage leader? Grey Warden. Mage that blew up the chantry? Grey Warden. Red lyrium? Found using maps supplied by Wardens on an expedition lead by a guy whose father was allied to Wardens.

Alistair is just the symbol of the alliance.

Some people will tell you they're "ex-Wardens" but Grey Warden is supposed to be for life.

Don't even get me started on the Inquisition's connections to the Wardens.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have a joke conspiracy where Fiona and Maric conspired to establish a Grey Warden nation and throw Orlais and the Chantry into chaos. Mage leader? Grey Warden. Mage that blew up the chantry? Grey Warden. Red lyrium? Found using maps supplied by Wardens on an expedition lead by a guy whose father was allied to Wardens.

Alistair is just the symbol of the alliance.

Some people will tell you they're "ex-Wardens" but Grey Warden is supposed to be for life.

Don't even get me started on the Inquisition's connections to the Wardens.

Do they travel by black helicopters dragons?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm early in the game, but enjoying it so far. 

Blaspheme!

anywho, am gonna sound like a broken record here for a sec, but our only genuine concern is tac cam stuff. most other complaints we has seen is bug related (which we will not need worry 'bout in six months when we eventual purchase) or trivialities that the complainers has largely ignored in other games. our recollection is that shady sands is playing the game with a gamepad on his pc, which is passing odd as bio did insist that the game were initial developed for the pc. many/most peoples seem to feel the game is better suited for console controls, which does give us pause but not a real reluctance as far as eventual purchase. however, we were wondering if you were annoyed by the camera. in da:o, we pretty much played the game with camera pulled back as far as possible. even with the limited amount we has played the poe beta, we reflexively keeps trying to pull back the camera. am not wanting to play the game looking over our avatar's shoulder.  so, any thoughts on if cam is as bad as many claim, or if is simple a matter o' awkwardness that initially comes with anything different or new?

thanks in advance.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Actually the complaints are much farther reaching than that. Metacritic user reviews are full of people disliking the MMO style gameplay, the Ass Creed open world design, the limited tactical options in combat. Even if most of them represent Codex trolling metacritic, there is still some merit to their complaints.

I don't know where you got the information that Bioware made this game for the PC since a single gameplay video is enough to show that the game is built around the consoles from the ground up. From the choice of font, the large letters (TV conveniences), the inventory design (gamepad friendly lists, massively oversize lettering) to the combat design (no auto attack, tactical cam that doesn't allow you to select multiple characters instead forcing you to cycle through them, centers on characters upon choosing them) - its a 100% console game. In fact, its pretty much an inferior version of Final Fantasy XII, since that game had auto attack and in depth programmable AI for companions on top of everything DAI has.

Here is the information regarding control woes:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/520902-the-controls-for-this-game-on-the-pc-need-attention/?p=17799311

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Welp.

50 hours in and starting a new character.

Reasons? I fudged up some of the war table missions, plus I want to get some different Perks and it's hard to this far in, I screwed up a major story decision, and last but not least

I want to see Loghain as commander of the Wardens.

I really dislike how Act 1's final mission is a branching story mission, but at least both ping pong back to the same plotline.

I plan on staying away from the tactical combat and just hacking and slashing my way through the story.

That's what the game is designed for. Controlling one character most of the time and mashing the buttons. It doesn't need a tactical cam any more than KOTOR or Jade Empire did. The only reason they included it is probably to try to win back DAO players that were angry at the changes in DAII.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Looks like the EU didn't like DA:I one bit (if I'm not mistaken the European launch was today). There's a steady influx of red on Metacritic with few green spots.

It's another ME3 just without the outcry and that's mostly because most people now expect BioWare to screw up everything. Also I like how my "non-review" review was spot on. MC deleted it again by the way. Ah well... :)

I'm early in the game, but enjoying it so far. 

Blaspheme!

anywho, am gonna sound like a broken record here for a sec, but our only genuine concern is tac cam stuff. most other complaints we has seen is bug related (which we will not need worry 'bout in six months when we eventual purchase) or trivialities that the complainers has largely ignored in other games. our recollection is that shady sands is playing the game with a gamepad on his pc, which is passing odd as bio did insist that the game were initial developed for the pc. many/most peoples seem to feel the game is better suited for console controls, which does give us pause but not a real reluctance as far as eventual purchase. however, we were wondering if you were annoyed by the camera. in da:o, we pretty much played the game with camera pulled back as far as possible. even with the limited amount we has played the poe beta, we reflexively keeps trying to pull back the camera. am not wanting to play the game looking over our avatar's shoulder.  so, any thoughts on if cam is as bad as many claim, or if is simple a matter o' awkwardness that initially comes with anything different or new?

thanks in advance.

HA! Good Fun!

+1

Anyone heard of patching the tac camera and its respective controls? D:OS has spoiled me by now :(

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I do admire your fighting spirit. I loved every byte of DA:O myself, however the spirit of that game is long dead, and it's era is over and done for good. We are now in a fast paced, shallow, action age on the AAA -front and no amount of pointing out flaws on forums will change that. BioWare would rather sink trying to make a hit action game than go back to slow burning RPGs. Not that they could re-hire all the talent that would need or persuade EA to fund it.

My suggestion is either enjoy this game on its own terms or move onto the indie / kickstarter scene. I'm sure you'd have more fun with eg Grimrock 2 or Divinity: Original Sin than trying to persuade people that DA:I is less than perfect.

Yes, the spirit of DA:O is long gone, it is a shame really, they should just upgrade the game, not changing it wholy into a new thing. Not only they make it into Mass Effect since DA2 but Mass Effect is better in it's own, now it is a mess, it is the worst system ever.

Not only the game mechanic is a mess, the story also. I will spoil here, i don't care, i think people already know, the end boss is a character from DA2 DLC, can you imagine how crappy the story is? How lazy it is?

I don't know why peoples still defending this corrupt company, it's their right, but these "fans" who direct them to make this crap game, totally destroyed the whole francise. They just want your money and they don't care.

And i wonder why no one who have bought the game didn't sue them because of breach of trust, they lie and get away with it. of course it is just $70 isn't it, but that $70 make them rich. Hw many players investing in upgrading their computers because of their lies? Yes you can ask for refund, but that doesnt make they can get away from their crime, it's a crime....

Edited by Qistina

I didn't like DA:O so the more I hear feedback about how DA:I departs from it, the more I'm interested. Still a long way off the point where I'd take the plunge though, at the very least I want to hear the opinions of people I respect after they finish the whole thing. And as I said before, I'm going full-on open spoilers mode, so feed me your best spoilers about key decision points (and key decision points where the game doesn't allow you to make any decisions).

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Actually the complaints are much farther reaching than that. Metacritic user reviews are full of people disliking the MMO style gameplay, the Ass Creed open world design, the limited tactical options in combat. Even if most of them represent Codex trolling metacritic, there is still some merit to their complaints.

I don't know where you got the information that Bioware made this game for the PC since a single gameplay video is enough to show that the game is built around the consoles from the ground up. From the choice of font, the large letters (TV conveniences), the inventory design (gamepad friendly lists, massively oversize lettering) to the combat design (no auto attack, tactical cam that doesn't allow you to select multiple characters instead forcing you to cycle through them, centers on characters upon choosing them) - its a 100% console game. In fact, its pretty much an inferior version of Final Fantasy XII, since that game had auto attack and in depth programmable AI for companions on top of everything DAI has.

Here is the information regarding control woes:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/520902-the-controls-for-this-game-on-the-pc-need-attention/?p=17799311

perspective. we got perspective. is one o' the few advantages o' age. you could insert the name o' any bioware game released following the nwn games and end up with the same complaints you is sharing. your repeating of complaints o' others does absolute nothing to convince us that this time the rage monkeys is correct. the mob has cried wolf too many times for us to take serious, which is why we has suggested here and elsewhere that people relying on faceless metacritic reviewers, many who were giving da:i 10/10 or 0/10 before they could possibly have played a meaningful portion o' the game, and/or game journalists (HA!) is no more convincing to us than is continued drowsy or qistina posts.  

as to where we got the info that da:i were designed for pc, we got that from bioware. the thing is, every freaking time bio released gameplay footage for da:i, it were console footage. the absence o' pre-release pc media is precisely why Gromnir has, for months and months, and more than a few times in these da:i threads, expressed concern over the absence o' pc gameplay footage. even so, posting links to random folks complaining about pc controls o' da:i is, again, meaningless to us. we has noted a couple times o' late that we clear do not see eye-to-eye with the bsn crowd, and the codexians is equal laughable.  sadly, obsidian is hardly a refuge from the cacophony we must endure at bsn or codex.

we ask specific folks their impressions precisely 'cause drowsy-style linking and impressions based on metarciritic feedback is meaningless... is meaningless to Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun! 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I don't know why peoples still defending this corrupt company, it's their right, but these "fans" who direct them to make this crap game, totally destroyed the whole francise. They just want your money and they don't care.

And i wonder why no one who have bought the game didn't sue them because of breach of trust, they lie and get away with it. of course it is just $70 isn't it, but that $70 make them rich. Hw many players investing in upgrading their computers because of their lies? Yes you can ask for refund, but that doesnt make they can get away from their crime, it's a crime....

A company that just wants our money?  *Le Gasp!*

What is the crime, exactly?

A company that just wants our money?  *Le Gasp!*

What is the crime, exactly?

Check out your country commerce law or whatever

They sell fake product, they lie, they got profit by it that day, the game isn't build for PC but they say it's build for PC, it's a breach of trust, a scam

You are a customer...always remember that

Edited by Qistina