Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

99% of vol posts inspire the following reaction:

jackie-chan-wtf.png

the bsn boards and codexians is trying to play catch-up to the standard set by vol... though qistina is is giving vol a run for his money.  the thing is, something less than 1% of vol posts is having a point. is mildly disconcerting to us when vol is reasonable and on-point. is not quite fiery hail or oceans turning to blood, but vol rationality feels a bit like a sign of the end of days. 

regardless, while it is seeming unlikely at the moment, am hopeful that bio addresses some tac cam issues within the next six months. 

HA! Good Fun!

Yours too Gromnir, yours too...

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Shame I'm laughing at some of the bugs experienced, I'm not laughing at peoples frustration or the fact that there are bugs but rather how strange some of them are

I see one guy is experiencing the gender bug where everyone is treating his male character as female and  this is impacting his Romance arc. I can just imagine how annoying this must be having  this alpha male designed character being hit on by every male member in your party where applicable :lol:

Can you react to these come-ons as an alpha male?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Pros:

-Combat ain't a walk in the park, even on normal difficulty settings. Venture into an unknown area early on and you'll have your butt handed to you.

I seem to have a knack for running into random dragons that one-shot my party-members.

Pros:

-Combat ain't a walk in the park, even on normal difficulty settings. Venture into an unknown area early on and you'll have your butt handed to you.

I seem to have a knack for running into random dragons that one-shot my party-members.

No one expects the Dragon Inquisition!

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Pros:

Behold the great combat mechanic of the century, it have one shot kill enemies....

Have you played the game Qistina? That usually happens when the dragon is quite a few levels above the party and the party is usually under geared. The game gives you ample chance to run away and reattempt it. I also remember the High dragon at Haven and flemeth one shot some of my squishies when I first tried to fight it years ago with the grab attack so this ain't anything new really. The encounters at equal level or even a few levels above seem quite fair.  

It seems that if the encounter is over 2 levels above, you're probably going to be wiped. Then again, the tactical view is so awful that my tactics seem to be over ridden.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Pros:

Behold the great combat mechanic of the century, it have one shot kill enemies....

In BG2, if you used community mods that made game enemies smarter and harder, Dragons also one shot weaker party members.

Have you played the game Qistina? That usually happens when the dragon is quite a few levels above the party and the party is usually under geared. The game gives you ample chance to run away and reattempt it. I also remember the High dragon at Haven and flemeth one shot some of my squishies when I first tried to fight it years ago with the grab attack so this ain't anything new really. The encounters at equal level or even a few levels above seem quite fair.  

Pros:

In BG2, if you used community mods that made game enemies smarter and harder, Dragons also one shot weaker party members.

One shot kill is old, lame, uncreative, thing of the past....this is 2014. With all the hyped combat mechanic, they have one shot kill enemies...Oh sure it comes with 1 million hit points...Typical boring steroid enemies...

One shot enemy should not be in 2014 games, what fun is that? You only need to GRIND to get past their level, become overpower then spam attack to reduce their 1 million hit points to zero

Edited by Qistina

So you disapprove of all BG2 instant death spells as well?

Like i said, it's thing of the past

I do talk about this 1 million hit points and one shot kill enemies in rant about Dark Souls thread....but i want to continue a bit

This typical enemies only need you to become stronger and can spam damage on them, you don't need tactic, critical thinking, whatever...it's the thing of the past. And LAZY design. Just put steroid enemies here and there as bosses and mini bosses.

This types of enemies didn't react to you, because they are hard to kill and deal lots of damage, so they just sit there following their script...one of the example is the Stone Wraith in DA2. At certain time it make rolling attack, then it floating in the air and burst out enegy, then minnions come out, then rinse and repeat...you just only need to hid behind pillars then attack when it become static

It's also unrealictic...example Meredith, following the manner of the Stone Waraith above, she's also very tough where everyone is attacking her and she don't even give a ****, then she jump in the air, minnions come out, then rinse and repeat....

It's become fairly obvious that Qistana does not have the game and is only here to complain about it.  Don't be concerned with credibility, keep fighting the good fight!

edit:  It would be worse if she did own it, because her mind was already made up before she bought the game.

edit 2:  I think she's actually a bot. 

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 3

In the whole DA series, the only intelligent enemy boss is suprisingly Flemeth, in her dragon form of course, Flemeth does react on you, even she cannot move away from her spot, but really that dragon is intelligent enemy

If you flank her, she will kick you out, then turn on you, anyone else try to flank her, she attack with her tail, low health party member is likely got grabbed, if there's too many near her she will AoE stun, if you' and party member far away she just fireball you until you come near, if you are in certain range she will drag/suck you near her, it just that she can't fly away from her spot

Of course if you are an arcane warrior (or anything) you can solo her on nightmare, but that's is not the issue, she is an intelligent enemy boss (and she's the only) despite her design not allowing her to move away from her spot

Sadly, none enemy bosses in the whole DA is like that......(not even The Archdemon)

Edited by Qistina

I am getting a weird drop in framerate.  I play nicely for a couple minutes, and then it gets super laggy.  Settings don't seem to matter.

Might be your hardware throttling due to heat.

Yeah.  I think I've finally hit the wall, I had trouble with AC: Black Flag too.  Time to either enjoy some older games or man up and buy a new system.

Or I could buy it for the PS4.  Which I own.  But that sounds like defeat talking.  And I don't want to pay twice for it.

Hurlshot, what are your system specs for the Laptop?   

Edited by kgambit

It's become fairly obvious that Qistana does not have the game and is only here to complain about it.  Don't be concerned with credibility, keep fighting the good fight!

edit:  It would be worse if she did own it, because her mind was already made up before she bought the game.

edit 2:  I think she's actually a bot. 

Well if only people who bought the game were allowed to credibility speak their minds, it would hurt the discussion imho. People who bought the game tend to be the ones with a ... positive prejudice. I mean if you're prepared to spend $60++ on something, you've probably mostly decided in your mind it's worth the cost.

Qis is oby2.0.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I am getting a weird drop in framerate.  I play nicely for a couple minutes, and then it gets super laggy.  Settings don't seem to matter.

Might be your hardware throttling due to heat.

Yeah.  I think I've finally hit the wall, I had trouble with AC: Black Flag too.  Time to either enjoy some older games or man up and buy a new system.

Or I could buy it for the PS4.  Which I own.  But that sounds like defeat talking.  And I don't want to pay twice for it.

Hurlshot, what are your system stats for the Laptop?   

I'm not at home, so I can't reel them off exactly, but I have an ASUS laptop from 2010 with 8 gigs of RAM and the Nvidia GTX 460M.  I think it is an i7 chipset but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I think I am having problems with heat, after some more investigation.  Framerates are dropping off in other games over time.  

So you disapprove of all BG2 instant death spells as well?

Like i said, it's thing of the past

I do talk about this 1 million hit points and one shot kill enemies in rant about Dark Souls thread....but i want to continue a bit

This typical enemies only need you to become stronger and can spam damage on them, you don't need tactic, critical thinking, whatever...it's the thing of the past. And LAZY design. Just put steroid enemies here and there as bosses and mini bosses.

This types of enemies didn't react to you, because they are hard to kill and deal lots of damage, so they just sit there following their script...one of the example is the Stone Wraith in DA2. At certain time it make rolling attack, then it floating in the air and burst out enegy, then minnions come out, then rinse and repeat...you just only need to hid behind pillars then attack when it become static

It's also unrealictic...example Meredith, following the manner of the Stone Waraith above, she's also very tough where everyone is attacking her and she don't even give a ****, then she jump in the air, minnions come out, then rinse and repeat....

I do admire your fighting spirit. I loved every byte of DA:O myself, however the spirit of that game is long dead, and it's era is over and done for good. We are now in a fast paced, shallow, action age on the AAA -front and no amount of pointing out flaws on forums will change that. BioWare would rather sink trying to make a hit action game than go back to slow burning RPGs. Not that they could re-hire all the talent that would need or persuade EA to fund it.

My suggestion is either enjoy this game on its own terms or move onto the indie / kickstarter scene. I'm sure you'd have more fun with eg Grimrock 2 or Divinity: Original Sin than trying to persuade people that DA:I is less than perfect.

I don't know what the spirit of DAO means, but Pillars of Eternity is just around the corner and its made from the same mold.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

[snip]

My suggestion is either enjoy this game on its own terms or move onto the indie / kickstarter scene. I'm sure you'd have more fun with eg Grimrock 2 or Divinity: Original Sin than trying to persuade people that DA:I is less than perfect.

I doubt that anybody here needs convincing that the game isn't perfect.  It's the reflexive latching on to any argument that can be used to validate Q's predetermined opinion about the game that gets annoying. 

• Like 3

"Well if only people who bought the game were allowed to credibility speak their minds, it would hurt the discussion imho. People who bought the game tend to be the ones with a ... positive prejudice. I mean if you're prepared to spend $60++ on something, you've probably mostly decided in your mind it's worth the cost."

\Wow.   You just entered into Illogical Land.

What are you saying, the people whose opinions one should listen to are those who didn't play itbecause anyone who whose played is biased and auto like it?  Do you even read posts? Plenty of people play games and criticize them. LMAO

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't know what the spirit of DAO means, but Pillars of Eternity is just around the corner and its made from the same mold.

I was speaking about high budget triple A. Ourside of that, this year is, as you say, set to be pretty exceptional for keeping much of the "DA:O spirit" very much alive and kicking: Might & Magic X, D:OS, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity. Though I doubt that we'll be this spoiled again for a while...