Rosbjerg

DA: Oblivion/Skyrim

i. your character was a prisoner ---> check

ii. you have an ability everyone don't have ---> check

iii. you need to close the gate ---> check

iv. you must seek power ---> check

v. you become a messiah ---> check

vi. .......

I was under the impression that Martin Septim became the messiah in Oblivion.

I mean it's a mix of both Oblivion and Skyrim (and many more)

It's not Dragon Age anymore, this francise is gone for good....it's replaced by something that is so ugly, we can't even fathom what it is. I honestly don't know what to call this game...it's like a mutated biological thing come out from a mutated biological thing...just call it "The Thing"

It's a bunch of garbages of all what is in other games out there, compiled in a game and put "Dragon Age" label on it

Edited by Qistina

DA: Oblivion/Skyrim

i. your character was a prisoner ---> check

ii. you have an ability everyone don't have ---> check

iii. you need to close the gate ---> check

iv. you must seek power ---> check

v. you become a messiah ---> check

vi. .......

I was under the impression that Martin Septim became the messiah in Oblivion.

He did, the player became the messiah of CHEESE! (madness).

• Like 1

These are the issues BioWare community cares about because people who cared about anything else are no longer there (got banned or simply gave up long ago).

So when you label the codexers "luddites" please remember that the BSN crowd is a nice snapshot of your "progressive" alternative.

Right, because asking for ingame pajamas like BSN regulars is just as bad as this.

386 pages of *RAGE*

Never change, 'Codex, never change :lol:

You are a No talent piece of ****.

You are a nobody.

Also your waifu is ****.

Codex haiku   :lol:

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I think the outdoor architecture in this video (half point onward) is very well done, and I like the colors. Looks like some moorish influence there. The Klimt looking cards are really nice, and if the game had lasting value they'd make for a cool collectible.

However, they need to come up with a way to generate crowds, these cities look quite dead and empty. Its not a new problem by any means either. Hitman and AssCreed games have come up with ways to get bustling looking towns. Without a bit of life in the frame all the grand architecture is in vain.

The color palette problem persists. Most things have too much low contrast reddish brown, particularly in indoor areas, and particularly on character models. I don't know why they persist with this in every DA single game, its clearly not doing the game any graphical favors, making it look dated and ugly in parts. Good color choices can make up for crude models, but bad colors will ruin them. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

"in DA:O you have different backgrounds, normal person who become a Grey Warden"

\You have different backgrounds in DA3 as well. You are a 'normal' person until you get caught in the rift and become the Inquisitor. Your point?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Volourn is always Volourn, even when there is no Volourn. Even before time itself unraveled itself on this universe, there was Volourn. Before the aether that binds the very fabric of existence come to play, there was Volourn.

When you love, there is Volourn.

When you hate, there is Volourn.

When you're right, there is Volourn.

When you're wrong, there is Volourn.

Volourn.

Better get used to it. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The amount of bioware hate has reached overwhelming levels. Maybe its that I'm old, but the web now-days feels to be filled with child's without real opinions and arguments to defend. Its allways "this game is awesome" or "this game sucks" mode, never a ****ing self-made analysis with pros and cons anymore.

And this comes from a man who thinks that DA2 is one of the worst AAA games to ever came out. (the 1st position is for C&C4, for ruining the franchise that I couldn't keep playing to finish the story I loved from the original C&C)

You do realize the post right above yours contains a "****ing self-made analysis with pros and cons" right?

You do realize that when someone generalizes he uses the majority of examples and not the minority?

• Like 1

Volourn is always Volourn, even when there is no Volourn. Even before time itself unraveled itself on this universe, there was Volourn. Before the aether that binds the very fabric of existence come to play, there was Volourn.

When you love, there is Volourn.

When you hate, there is Volourn.

When you're right, there is Volourn.

When you're wrong, there is Volourn.

Volourn.

Better get used to it. 

99% of vol posts inspire the following reaction:

jackie-chan-wtf.png

the bsn boards and codexians is trying to play catch-up to the standard set by vol... though qistina is is giving vol a run for his money.  the thing is, something less than 1% of vol posts is having a point. is mildly disconcerting to us when vol is reasonable and on-point. is not quite fiery hail or oceans turning to blood, but vol rationality feels a bit like a sign of the end of days. 

regardless, while it is seeming unlikely at the moment, am hopeful that bio addresses some tac cam issues within the next six months. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, i am neither going to touch this until they fix the tactical camera and especially its respective controls. TB's video above really showed how cumbersome it is. At least for now i have Divinity: Original Sin to play. 

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Question:

The previous video has music in it.  This music is straight from Baldur's Gate.

Does DA:I actually recycle tracks from previous Bioware games, or it just a video thing for the benefit of Youtubers?

"in DA:O you have different backgrounds, normal person who become a Grey Warden"

\You have different backgrounds in DA3 as well. You are a 'normal' person until you get caught in the rift and become the Inquisitor. Your point?

Oh, the Dragonborn also a normal person until a dragon killed and she absorb the dragon soul, and then can blow away things using her voice, also absorbing some words on walls.....

Question:

The previous video has music in it.  This music is straight from Baldur's Gate.

Does DA:I actually recycle tracks from previous Bioware games, or it just a video thing for the benefit of Youtubers?

That same video series had tracks from KotOR, Skyrim, and Fallout 1, so I'm assuming it's the latter.

Edited by bobobo878

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.

Gotcha.  Thanks bobobo878.  Seems more than a little jarring to me, hearing tracks that take me to {Windhelm, Baldur's Gate, etc} when playing an entirely different game.  I'd be literally shocked if that's what Bioware was doing these days.  Not much surprises me on Youtube anymore, tho.

I've had a few crashes on start up, the tactical camera is wonky, and crating could be simpler.

In addition, combat can be pretty hectic and I would prefer to be able to see equations for attack resolution and other stuff. I don't like the front only restriction for the shield sustained and IMO the lack of healing magic sucks. I think larger and more varied skill trees would've been good as well, as it is it feels too cut down.

So far I'd say DAO was definitely better, but it is hands down a more solid game than DA2. I don't agree with the direction it took, but so far it seems to be good for what it is trying to be.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I am getting a weird drop in framerate.  I play nicely for a couple minutes, and then it gets super laggy.  Settings don't seem to matter.

Might be your hardware throttling due to heat.

Yeah.  I think I've finally hit the wall, I had trouble with AC: Black Flag too.  Time to either enjoy some older games or man up and buy a new system.

Or I could buy it for the PS4.  Which I own.  But that sounds like defeat talking.  And I don't want to pay twice for it.

I've been playing this for a couple of hours, here are some "Impressions":

Pros:

-Combat ain't a walk in the park, even on normal difficulty settings. Venture into an unknown area early on and you'll have your butt handed to you.

-There are lots of things to do, and even the fetch quests can be fun since they are mostly well presented.

-The writing is good. The different books and texts you come across help you understand the lore better and can also unlock quests or show you points of interest on the map.

-The visuals look great and different regions you visit on the world map are vast, great looking, atmospheric and finely crafted as there is something going on at every corner but...

Cons:

-The animations can look awkward sometimes(the walking animations look pretty similar to DA:O on the ps3) and I did encounter a few glitches(when riding your mount for instance)in my first few hours.

-I have had my first mount(a horse) and my god does it feel cheap! I'd rather walk or fast-travel, thank you very much!

-A very slow and boring start full of clichés you have already experienced thousands of times before.

That's it for now.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Shame I'm laughing at some of the bugs experienced, I'm not laughing at peoples frustration or the fact that there are bugs but rather how strange some of them are

I see one guy is experiencing the gender bug where everyone is treating his male character as female and  this is impacting his Romance arc. I can just imagine how annoying this must be having  this alpha male designed character being hit on by every male member in your party where applicable :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am getting a weird drop in framerate.  I play nicely for a couple minutes, and then it gets super laggy.  Settings don't seem to matter.

Might be your hardware throttling due to heat.

Yeah.  I think I've finally hit the wall, I had trouble with AC: Black Flag too.  Time to either enjoy some older games or man up and buy a new system.

Or I could buy it for the PS4.  Which I own.  But that sounds like defeat talking.  And I don't want to pay twice for it.

Well, yes and no in that it sounds like your "normal" system performance is fine, so it might be just an issue of sorting out the cooling parts, cleaning out dust, applying new thermal paste, etc.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G