Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

These are the issues BioWare community cares about because people who cared about anything else are no longer there (got banned or simply gave up long ago).

So when you label the codexers "luddites" please remember that the BSN crowd is a nice snapshot of your "progressive" alternative.

Right, because asking for ingame pajamas like BSN regulars is just as bad as this.

Edited by bobobo878

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.

the two longest threads on the first 10 pages is, we kid you not, complaints 'bout a lack o' a manly gay romance (57 pages), and rage over absence o' qunari hair (145 pages). no other suggestion/feedback thread from first 10 pages is even 20 pages in length.

actual, after a quick review, there is one thread that also exceeds 20 pages: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/516176-skyhold-casual-apparel/

These are the issues BioWare community cares about because people who cared about anything else are no longer there (got banned or simply gave up long ago).

So when you label the codexers "luddites" please remember that the BSN crowd is a nice snapshot of your "progressive" alternative.

*zoom*

we went right over your head, didn't we?  it were precisely our point that while the codexians is comically retrogressive, the biowarian fanbase is hardly an appealing alternative to us.  

screw it. with this kinda post you is proving our freaking point--  we is clear outta touch with the polarized gaming fanbase that is seeming all suffering from ADD.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Most of those fit in Baldur's Gate II. In Planescape: Torment, too. Maybe even Neverwinter Nights 2: MotB.

I'm not even trying to defend BioWare.

Most video games, especially role playing games make you the "chosen one".

In Oblivion, you're sort of the side kick, despite doing all of the stuff you do.

• Like 2

Most of those fit in Baldur's Gate II. In Planescape: Torment, too. Maybe even Neverwinter Nights 2: MotB.

In Oblivion, you're sort of the side kick, despite doing all of the stuff you do.

Not true for BG2. You are not only Bhaalspawn. You don't need to close anything. Your goal is to stop a madman or become God, nothing to do with saving everyone. Only same is that you start as prisoner and that you seek power (seeking power is in all RPG games).

Poor Gromnir :lol:

I think I stay by my original "Position", waiting for some months and see where the game is headed, patch, UI, DLC and expansion wise.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In DA2, you are just a normal immigrant in Kirkwal

Hawke is returning their original home land. And their family belongs in nobility, although has lost their wealth so I would not say that Hawke is not necessary your most typical immigrant.

Not true for BG2. You are not only Bhaalspawn. You don't need to close anything. Your goal is to stop a madman or become God, nothing to do with saving everyone. Only same is that you start as prisoner and that you seek power (seeking power is in all RPG games).
Eh, you being able to become a God isn't much different.

In DA2, you are just a normal immigrant in Kirkwal

Hawke is returning their original home land. And their family belongs in nobility, although has lost their wealth so I would not say that Hawke is not necessary your most typical immigrant.

Okay, let say i born in UK, grow up in UK, schooled in UK, speaking English and eat cheese for 25 years, then i run away from UK and going to my father country Malaysia, i bribe the custom officers,  i don't have any papers saying i am a Malaysian, am i not an UK immigrant? Then i kill an owner of an estate who was acquiring the estate legally from my Malaysian family, suddenly i become rich and a noble in Malaysia....Where your ancestors were doesn't make their place is your place, you are where you are born, no matter what color your skin is

But anyway, Hawke is just a normal person that's what i mean, not a special person with special power and need to incrase her power in order to close magical door whatsoever

Edited by Qistina

And I thought I had a chip on my shoulder regarding Bioware.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

...I've yet to see a bug free game release. I love to slam Bioware but too many bugs per release is not one of their flaws.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm not reading this thread because of spoilers. I just pop in now to tell you this:

I've spent the whole day playing DA:I on Nightmare, and DA:I is a very, very good CRPG, and this in part includes the combat - if you dial it up to Nightmare, at least. Despite it being the hardest level, I don't need to pause very often - but rather mostly for giving starting orders at the beginning, and at certain events during the encounters - obviously boss fights and tougher fights need much more pausing. Overall, it's giving me a weird mix of DA:O, NWN2 and action games like Ass: Creed and Dishonored (games that I adore, the IE games still being true gems, of course), and I actually love what I've seen so far. Sure, there are fetch quests (but let's be honest here: Having played BG1 and IWD1 recently, and also NWN2 - there are plenty of those in these games too. The story and the characters so far have been very interesting and well-written. Personally, I really like all the strong women in the game - so many books, movies and CRPGs have been lacking such characters/NPCs. I rolled a female Dwarven Rogue for my main, specializing in Twin Dagger fighting, and so far I've been having a blast (10 hours). It's much better than I anticipated, and it has the potential of becoming an all-time classic. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

...I've yet to see a bug free game release. I love to slam Bioware but too many bugs per release is not one of their flaws.

Actually it's an old bug in all Bioware games, the same bug you see in DA:O, DA2, SWTOR, ME...don't believe me just google it. It means they didn't upgrade anything, it's the very same animation bug

Apparently, they are MJ fans

Been lurking here for a few days now I think this forum has a pretty balanced view on the game (believe it or not). The loot gathering stuff honestly reminds me a little of Monster Hunter which I enjoy. The Fighter/Mage spec the Knight Enchanter honestly feels more fun to play than the regular melees (been like that for me since baldurs gate). Combat picked up for me around lvl 12 when I started to get more points to work with. I do feel how however that the lvl gating of certain areas is a bit too harsh at times and the tac cam should zoom out farther. Graphics wise some of the anti aliasing options REALLY tank the performance going from 35 to 65ish as soon as I turn them off. Some interesting easter eggs peppered around the place too - gave me a bit of a chuckle.

Been lurking here for a few days now I think this forum has a pretty balanced view on the game (believe it or not). The loot gathering stuff honestly reminds me a little of Monster Hunter which I enjoy. The Fighter/Mage spec the Knight Enchanter honestly feels more fun to play than the regular melees (been like that for me since baldurs gate). Combat picked up for me around lvl 12 when I started to get more points to work with. I do feel how however that the lvl gating of certain areas is a bit too harsh at times and the tac cam should zoom out farther. Graphics wise some of the anti aliasing options REALLY tank the performance going from 35 to 65ish as soon as I turn them off. Some interesting easter eggs peppered around the place too - gave me a bit of a chuckle.

I'm leaning towards Knight Enchanted, how does it play?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

so the knight enchanter can basically keep his barrier up forever if played right. Basically what you do it run in and use your spirit blade/ light saber to smack your enemies and the blade has an impressive arc to it so you can catch multiple enemies if grouped together. Even though the spirit blade looks like an auto attack it functions as a spell so it procs clean burn from the fire mage tree lowering the cooldown of all your spells by one everytime you hit things with it. They have have a passive that converts 30 percent of the damage you do with any spells into a barrier (the crazy thing is that you don't need a barrier up it creates one for you or strengthens your current one) and one that lowers barrier decay by 35 percent. Knight enchanters want to be in the face of the enemy most of the time - be wary of templars tho with dispel abilities.

• Like 1

Right, because asking for ingame pajamas like BSN regulars is just as bad as this.

386 pages of *RAGE*

Never change, 'Codex, never change :lol:

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

so the knight enchanter can basically keep his barrier up forever if played right. Basically what you do it run in and use your spirit blade/ light saber to smack your enemies and the blade has an impressive arc to it so you can catch multiple enemies if grouped together. Even though the spirit blade looks like an auto attack it functions as a spell so it procs clean burn from the fire mage tree lowering the cooldown of all your spells by one everytime you hit things with it. They have have a passive that converts 30 percent of the damage you do with any spells into a barrier (the crazy thing is that you don't need a barrier up it creates one for you or strengthens your current one) and one that lowers barrier decay by 35 percent. Knight enchanters want to be in the face of the enemy most of the time - be wary of templars tho with dispel abilities.

In your opinion, would Inferno and Spirit be the best trees for the Knight Enchanter?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I picked up barrier and the elegant defense passive on spirit tree and then worked my way down to clean burn on inferno. Fade step in the frost tree is also an amazing ability because of its absurd cooldown. Honestly theres a ton of ways you can build a knight enchanter I was think about going down more of frost to get the defense from frozen enemies or the lightning tree to get the passive that powers up spells based on mana missing. Mind blast and rejuvenating barrier also seems really good now that you mentioned the spirit tree tho...

DA: Oblivion/Skyrim

i. your character was a prisoner ---> check

ii. you have an ability everyone don't have ---> check

iii. you need to close the gate ---> check

iv. you must seek power ---> check

v. you become a messiah ---> check

vi. .......

I was under the impression that Martin Septim became the messiah in Oblivion.

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.