question on Druid and Wizard

gnoemli

Hy Folks

I got two questions conserning the clasess Druid and Wizard

First:

Will there be a description, which shapeshifting Form gets which Bonus/Malus (quicker, sturdier, more life), is there gona be something like this and it's simply not implemented jet?

Second:

Are the Wizards gona get Spells like the BG2 lvl4 Spell Minor Sequencer? Or any other Spells you prepare in advance so you can cast them without delay?

Thanks for your answers

greez

sorry if i'm blind but at least concerning the spell Sequencer i can't seem to find anything in the wiki...

I know that they wrote that the druids get different aspects of the animals they transform into, but at least till now (Beta) we don't get informed at character creation, which pros/cons each Form has... 

so all druid forms do the same amount of base damage 12*(1+0.02*Might)-22*(1+0.02*might) and get different abilities, thanks @Shevek

althoug i find it a bit surprising i would do the same base damage in bearform as i would in catform

Wizard:

if there is no such spell in the wiki list, does this mean there is no such spell? (As i got it from other posts and wiki sites, there's gona be a number of unique spells we can only learn from ?enemy? Grimoirs)

well if i could argument like others in the Forum i would ;)

For me these spells were always an elemental part of being a mage/wizard/sorcer, as it allowd me some more tactical planing bevor going into a fight or simply use them as a last line of denfence. The possibility to cast 3 magic missiles at the same time and do some decent damage with a lvl1 spell was nice. An other example: i would have been more than f*** up a few times if i couldn't cast 3 "lower Resistance" on a dragon... i liked how they functioned as a type of "last resort"

For the druidforms i feel the same way... and i find it necessary to show the pros/cons or simply the Ability of each form at character creation upon selecting shapeshifting form

Edited by gnoemli
  • Like 1

If the damage equation is 12*(1+0.02*Might)-22*(1+0.02*might) = damage it will always be negative. I haven't read into the nuts and bolt of the damage mechanics yet, is there something else that factors in? Otherwise my Druid with 20 might will deal -14 damage per hit.

Hy Folks

I got two questions conserning the clasess Druid and Wizard

First:

Will there be a description, which shapeshifting Form gets which Bonus/Malus (quicker, sturdier, more life), is there gona be something like this and it's simply not implemented jet?

Second:

Are the Wizards gona get Spells like the BG2 lvl4 Spell Minor Sequencer? Or any other Spells you prepare in advance so you can cast them without delay?

Thanks for your answers

greez

Hi gnoemli.

I just added the descriptions for the spiritshift forms this morning.  You should see them in the next Backer Beta update.

We talked about doing Spell Sequencer type spells but it would have been too time-consuming for the initial release.  I wouldn't rule it out for the expansion, though.  We did set our personal buffs to be "Zero Recovery" and most of them to Instant cast, so you should be able to fire off several very quickly.

• Like 4

Hi Sawyer

Thanks for your respons. Not what i hoped to hear, but glad it's not compleately out of question, even if it's just for the addon ;)

But thanks for adding the descriptions.

Thanks again and go on like you do, seems like it PoE's gone be quite sweet