Less Temple of Elemental Evil more BG

ctn2003

You know what this game reminds me a tad to mutch of? TOEE with out the great turn based combat. And me and many others want more BG  ive had this on my mind a very long time and was wondering if any of you are geting same thoughs? i understand a lot are not liking the current build all the mutch combat wise? :geek::alienani:   post-85918-0-98643800-1416339396_thumb.png - mmm oh dear, wher have i seen this slush befffforrrrrr?

Edited by ctn2003

ToEE had great combat but a very generic story. So far it looks like PoE will be the exact opposite, tedious combat with a very interesting story.

I think the combat in poe will be at least decent. I trash talk the combat when making suggestions, but that's really more due to my high standards rather than the combat actually being bad.

EDIT: I also think the story will be cool. Looking forward to that.:)

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 3

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

For the record, I used to absolute despise ToEE's radial menu, which I found fiddly and awkward, so it's different strokes for different folks.

You could assign hotkeys to anything that appeared on the radial menu, like taking a 5-foot step, full attack, charge, casting a certain spell or drinking a healing potion by hovering over the option and pressing the desired hotkey. Simple, efficient. That means that I used the radial menu only for non-common commands, which was fine. Most of the commands you give is some kind of move or attack, and you can cover those with about 6 hotkeys. I think many who played ToEE didn't know about this feature, and using the radial menu to do everything -- yes, that's painful. With the easily configured hotkeys -- a comfortable experience. I wouldn't say that the radial menu was good, just that there was a way to circumvent it.

As to the topic, I'm not sure how the OP was reminded of ToEE. Two hours of PoE gameplay I watched recently, and it definitely reminded me of an Infinity Engine game.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

If the combat is anywhere near as enthralling and enjoyable as TOEE I for one shall be more than satisfied, the story I personally have no doubt will be up to Obsidians usual exemplary standards.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!