^basically, yes.

As I said earlier - a little simulationism is good, taking it too far makes the game more cumbersome than fun.

Where any given person draws the line is naturally down to personal taste.

(Side note: I'd also enjoy playing a full-on simulationist rpg - something akin to what I imagine Kingdom Come:Deliverace is going to be like - just not what I want from PoE)

Fair enough, but I think we can also take the best aspects and ways to implement simulationism and best aspects from gameplayism and integrate them in an interesting hybrid and make them operate together in harmony. The key is to not think things too simple - that you can always only do it this way or that way or thats it. You can always hybridize any way to do something with an other way to do something and small modifying in the funamental workings of a system can make a huge difference.

Isn't PoE supposed to be a successor to the old IE games and funded by people who liked those games? Because the more I learn about PoE, the less it seems to be like the old IE games.

Its called innovation and it is very much a good thing.

Now if we forged a scale on one end of it would be BG1 and on the other end it would be uhm...Dragon age 2. Where do you place Poe on this scale? I would place it 80% towards the BG1 so its fine.

The system that seems to be used in PoE is not believable so I very much dislike it.

And what is that system? How is it different from infinity? The only changes I know of are that there is a stash and lack of carry weight which I cant personally see making a huge difference because the system in Infinity was completely broken, at least in the IWD games. In BG it was a tad better because you couldnt carry as many oodles of ****.

Edited by Sheikh

Isn't PoE supposed to be a successor to the old IE games and funded by people who liked those games? Because the more I learn about PoE, the less it seems to be like the old IE games.

Its called innovation and it is very much a good thing.

Now if we forged a scale on one end of it would be BG1 and on the other end it would be uhm...Dragon age 2. Where do you place Poe on this scale? I would place it 80% towards the BG1 so its fine.

The system that seems to be used in PoE is not believable so I very much dislike it.

And what is that system? How is it different from infinity? The only changes I know of are that there is a stash and lack of carry weight which I cant personally see making a huge difference because the system in Infinity was completely broken, at least in the IWD games. In BG it was a tad better because you couldnt carry as many oodles of ****.

Innovation implies there's a new solution to a problem that is better than the previous one, I wouldn't call this new inventory system better than the previous one, not at all. So to me it's just change, for the worse.

if Baldur's Gate is on the right and Dragon Age 2 is on the left, with Dragon Age Origins on the centre then I would consider PoE to be on the centre-right (~75%). That might seem good to you but to me it's somewhat of a betrayal to the promise they made to the kickstarter backers. I'm not one of them though so I don't have reason to complain.

The Carrying Capacity system from D&D. The system used by PoE is simpler (and therefore less believable), I don't like simplicity in RPGs.

Innovation implies there's a new solution

Yeah. Not a better solution, a new solution. I agree with you. Also, I love you (as a fellow human being).

Well, this is going nowhere... Anyway I was angry because PoE isn't BG3, sorry about the passive-agressive behaviour.

Edited by Marcvs Caesar