Hello folks.  I just wanted to hear from the community if my laptop will be able to play this game when out.

I have a Macbook Pro Late 2013 Retina Iris (1536), dual core 2.5ghz (turbo boost to 3.5ghz), 8 gigs ram, etc.  Based on the system requirements for the game that I have seen, I should be able to play this game without too much issue.  I don't want to buy the game and be unable to enjoy it.  

What are your thoughts?

I own a 2011 15" Macbook Pro but with a dedicated GPU (HD 6750) and 16GB ram.

The game runs very smoothly for me (even though the fans are running really loud)

I suspect you will be fine with your computer. 

Edited by Quantics

• 2 weeks later...

I'm concerned that I won't be able to run this game because I don't meet the 512MB video card ram requirement even though it's a shader 4 card. Any ideas if it will run?

Stats:

macbook pro (15-inch, mid 2010)

2.53 GHz i5

8 gigs of ram 

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256MB

Now that the mac version has been released, maybe someone who has played it on mac can tell us how it plays at this moment, and if the specs we listed above are capable of letting us enjoy the game.

As mentioned, I have the Iris intel graphics with 1536mb, duo-core 2.5-3.6ghz, and 8 gigs ram, etc., and is quite good overall for playing any sort of less graphically stringent game.  Pillars of Eternity looks great, but based on style it may let lower end spec systems play the game without too much of a hitch.