Shortly, your overall impression of Pillars so far

Im not sure if its meaningful to ask people other than perhaps beta testers, but I guess alot of people keep a keener eye on its development than I.

What are you very satisfied with and what is most concerning to you at the moment?

What went as you expected and what has suprised you alot so far regarding its development?

The game looks marvelous. The narrative is true art. There are many role-playing choices in dialogue and quest resolution. The Classes are interested and unique with each other and development is deep and meaningful. Baldur's Gate I&II would be very jealous in those departments, even about Classes.

On the other hand, combat feels static and unbalanced. It is hard to keep the pace and you need to pause/slow-mo very often, breaking immersion and not enjoying all the visual goodness. Battles end too fast. The d100 attack die is a bad choice for attack resolution. Music score we've heard so far is mediocre.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

The game looks marvelous. The narrative is true art. There are many role-playing choices in dialogue and quest resolution. The Classes are interested and unique with each other and development is deep and meaningful. Baldur's Gate I&II would be very jealous in those departments, even about Classes.

On the other hand, combat feels static and unbalanced. It is hard to keep the pace and you need to pause/slow-mo very often, breaking immersion and not enjoying all the visual goodness. Battles end too fast. The d100 attack die is a bad choice for attack resolution. Music score we've heard so far is mediocre.

Thanks for great reply. It is suprising I have never read anything like this on this forum so far yet. And of course thats why I made this thread in the first place  :)

I think the devs could really appreciate summarizing feedback like this very much as well because it gives them transparent and clear and honest and concrete feedback on the game.

Edited by Sheikh

The class system is very interesting and just now, with the new updates, apparently hitting its full potential.

The new inventory and talent systems are fantastic, too.

Combat XP being Beastiary based is interesting but may get too boring very quickly.