Retail Edition (Amazon) etc.

Hi all! I was interested in finding out if there will be a retail (boxed) version of this game on sale on online retailer; ie. Amazon, if anyone can shed some light on this, preferably a developer or a member of the team it would be appreciated.

I was just wanting to check before I made a pre purchase as I have always preferred getting a box with disc plus the classic RPG map etc. (digital items are kind of worthless and not-so-cool)

ps. The game looks great and I will be making a purchase regardless.

Thanks

That is not necessarily true, but yes, it's very unlikely that there will ever be one. That might change if the sales of the game go far better than expected, but, even so, it would arrive long after the digital release.

The only way to be sure you get your hands on a boxed copy is (was?) to back the game at the boxed copy / physical collectors edition tier.

Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

It is theoretically possible that an Amazon Third-Party Vendor might offer this, but it would be a resale of the Kickstarter Physical Edition. I'm not sure if there's a legal clause forbidding resale of such but there won't be an "official" Physical Copy sold.

I only know that a retail version of the game is available on this site.

Is there? Where so?

In the orders tab of your account, you can select the physical edition reward. It'll be costly but that's the only way, presently, in purchasing a retail version.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So I assume the backer boxed version option is long over, anyone know if the German boxed version will have the option to install wtih English text etc?  I would tend to think all versions probably have all language options enabled, but figured I'd check. 

I only know that a retail version of the game is available on this site.

Is there? Where so?
In the orders tab of your account, you can select the physical edition reward. It'll be costly but that's the only way, presently, in purchasing a retail version.

So I've been living under a rock for the past 3 years apparently. I just found out about this game and am wanting to preorder. So can this be done if I preorder from the site today or is this only an option to the kick starter backers?

So I've been living under a rock for the past 3 years apparently. I just found out about this game and am wanting to preorder. So can this be done if I preorder from the site today or is this only an option to the kick starter backers?

Pre-orders at this point are pretty much the same reward the backers get, at higher price.

BTW how did you found out about the game?