When do backers get their Steam keys?

Not to hijack, but I also hope to find out if backers will be able to get a GOG key instead of Steam.

• Like 1

"It is an extraordinary act of courage to come to know a stranger's pain. To even consider such a thing demands a profound dispensation, a willingness to wear someone else's chains, to taste their suffering, to see with one's own eyes the hue cast on all things -- the terrible stain that is despair."

-Tulas Shorn

"Toll the Hounds" by Steven Erikson

You may wish to peruse Mr Monahan's blog on this very matter, which seems to indictae that the game will be added nearer the release date, I assume like with DivOS us backers will recieve access before the standard consumer.

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/6/entry-174-how-do-i-select-steam-or-gog-tldr-you-dont-yet/

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Not to hijack, but I also hope to find out if backers will be able to get a GOG key instead of Steam.

Yes you will - that's been confirmed for a very long time :)

We just don't know when the keys will be given out - probably nearer the time as stated above.

It will probably be done by choosing it through the backer portal site where you confirmed your pledge, but Devs will confirm the how of it later.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Slacker Backer

This tier includes:

• Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

Will be steam key available too or...?? because i usually only use steam to gaming.... and i think in kickstarter campaing they say they will send steam key

@Silent Winter

Is this "backer portal site" still able to be logged into? I was looking for the link, and couldn't find it...

^It's the http://eternity.obsidian.net site where we already confirmed our pledges and you can check your orders (click on 'my account' at the top right - there's nothing yet about confirming gog or steam but I imagine that'd be the place once they're ready for us to do so.

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Yes you will - that's been confirmed for a very long time :)

We just don't know when the keys will be given out - probably nearer the time as stated above.

It will probably be done by choosing it through the backer portal site where you confirmed your pledge, but Devs will confirm the how of it later.

That is exactly how it will work. Nearer to the release date we will inform everyone of how to get their keys on the Backer Portal. At that time, you will be able to select a key from any vendor that we are working with.

• Like 2

Its done when its done friends

Definitely, but that's not what the thread is about at all: the preorder is up on steam, and the question is just "when are the keys being made available to backers, since it's already possible for people to have the game attached to their steam account by purchasing through the steam store," not "when will it be released."