Pre-orders and new trailer now live!

Yes, Darren. Yes!

Paradox and Obsidian have also announced that this week they plan to reveal a wide array of never-before-seen game content via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, Project Director for Pillars of Eternity, alongside popular gaming personality Jesse Cox. The live stream will air Thursday, November 13 at 1pm PST (22.00 CET) on the official Paradox Interactive Twitch channel: [/size]www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

This must mean a BB update tomorrow or Thursday! :)

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Should be the same exact music. I am not sure that we changed anything.

Maybe it aged like wine. Have you been storing it in a music cellar, perchance?

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Yes, Darren. Yes!

Paradox and Obsidian have also announced that this week they plan to reveal a wide array of never-before-seen game content via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, Project Director for Pillars of Eternity, alongside popular gaming personality Jesse Cox. The live stream will air Thursday, November 13 at 1pm PST (22.00 CET) on the official Paradox Interactive Twitch channel: [/size]www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

We most likely aren't putting out a beta build this week because we had to push back our play week to this week. Jesse will probably play the same build we are playing now.

• Like 1

Nice trailer, but nothing if you compare it to the big numbers in this year, like...

...StarCitizen CutlassTrailer, Witcher III PreorderTrailer, Torment: The ChoicesAreYours, HumanResources PitchTrailer and so on! Too many brillant trailers this year for you! :)

Also: PEGI 16.

Don't certain European countries (mostly Germany) restrict showing bloody bits in games? I'd hate to see gibs turned into technicolor confetti in some regions.

If think that's the case, yes. Maybe they'll get a censored version.  :shrugz: Just don't ruin the gore for the rest of us: Germany

Edited by Labadal

Yes, Darren. Yes!

We most likely aren't putting out a beta build this week because we had to push back our play week to this week. Jesse will probably play the same build we are playing now.

I see. So, I'll be awaiting the next beta build with impatience. Can't progress after a couple of savegames made in Dyrford ruins, memory leaks...

eFoHp9V.png

Don't certain European countries (mostly Germany) restrict showing bloody bits in games? I'd hate to see gibs turned into technicolor confetti in some regions.

Can't we just have a Wizard spell that Transmutes your foes' blood into confetti? :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Also: PEGI 16.

If think that's the case, yes. Maybe they'll get a censored version.  :shrugz: Just don't ruin the gore for the rest of us: Germany

Quiet! You lowly member states will get what ze EU leader state deigns is appropriate for you!

More seriously, the crazy censoring of blood is mostly a thing of the past. FPS games usually have to accept an USK 18 and thats it.

Exceptions where some problems might arise is the killing of unarmed civilians and nazi symbolism.

• Like 2

I see. So, I'll be awaiting the next beta build with impatience. Can't progress after a couple of savegames made in Dyrford ruins, memory leaks...

Adam and several of the other programmers have been working on some memory optimizations, especially in the prefabs for summoning, which take up a huge amount of memory.

• Like 3

Adam and several of the other programmers have been working on some memory optimizations, especially in the prefabs for summoning, which take up a huge amount of memory.

Now that you guys have extensively played the beta, are there any big changes we can expect for any of the upcoming updates? I still feel the game is a bit fast paced, and I usually pick damaging abilities instead of buffs most of the time when fighting. I do this even on hard. Also, spell effects might need to be toned down a bit. My two cents.

I am also wondering about how skills ratio look when you pick talents. Right now, athletics is on most of the talents.

I'm also very curious, probably more than about progressing in the beta, about what you considered should be changed after some testing of your own, hence the impatience. :)

eFoHp9V.png

Nice new trailer :)

glad I backed already ;)

Great seeing it up on gog for pre-order (I can only see the Champion edition on there btw (EDIT: Ah, the Hero edition is linked via the news announcement but not the main splash page)

Really looking forward to getting my hands on this :)

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Nice new trailer :)

glad I backed already ;)

Great seeing it up on gog for pre-order (I can only see the Champion edition on there btw (EDIT: Ah, the Hero edition is linked via the news announcement but not the main splash page)

Really looking forward to getting my hands on this :)

Speaking of which, I just noticed the requirements stated on Paradox's buy page are not on the https://eternity.obsidian.net/buy page yet :)

Edited by Gairnulf

eFoHp9V.png

I've been following since it was announced, but have been fairly quiet - up to now.. 
I just watched the new trailer, and Wow.. just Wow. 
I still remember playing the first BG when it was released and how it grab my attention from the get go and then BG2, IWD and IWD2, and now we finally have a game that can be considered a true successor to the old IE games. 

From the bottom of an old gamer's heart- thank you, thank you. 

I look forward to the day this game is released and I place it along side my old IE games (and yes - I still have the original games tucked away). 
2015 is starting to look like it will be the year of great RPGs.

[ghost]

Don't know about Germany, but in France we get all the gore!

Great seeing it up on gog for pre-order (I can only see the Champion edition on there btw

Yeah, it's first in the bestseller category right now. :)

[...] we had to push back our play week to this week.

Would it be possible to get some developer feedback about the play week? Would love to know more about your thinking process and what you liked and disliked!

Edited by Rumsteak