New Trailer Yo [Now with Pre-order]

One thing I thought was actually quite clever in the trailer was the fast click demonstration of the dialogue and various things like scaling the wall to the dragon egg.  At first I thought, "why aren't they showing the different RP ways to address some of these situations?"  Then I realized that folks who would want those options will just freeze and blow up those images to see them.  One thing I like about the game is that they didn't just give extra options.  They also gave taking those extra options a real ol' skool RPG feel.  It's like Darklands where you have multiple choices in how to handle various situations.  It has a sort of table top vibe to it.

EDIT:  tidy

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I guess keys for digital GoG copies backers are to receive are for the Champion Edition?

I guess it depends which tier you backed - as a lowest tier backer (basic digital game copy), I'm expecting the 'Hero Edition' (it's there on gog but you have to find it via the news announcement - the big splash screen one just shows the Champion Edition).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I didn't really expect a dragon since it's supposed to be a low to medium level adventure... I really would've preferred if they saved dragons for the sequel.

I hope the companions get really scared when confronting it at least, like in BG2. Not like the snarky remarks in NwN2 when you face the red dragon.

Edited by Seari
  • Like 1

I didn't really expect a dragon since it's supposed to be a low to medium level adventure... I really would've preferred if they saved dragons for the sequel.

I hope the companions get really scared when confronting it at least, like in BG2. Not like the snarky remarks in NwN2 when you face the red dragon.

Agree about NWN2 point.

As for facing a dragon I think I took on BGII shadow dragon about level 10 or 11 which is in line with end levels of this game so mechanically it makes sense and I'm guessing for a lore / game setting perspective they've built in reasons too.

Just saw the Trailer... LOVED it. This game looks beautiful. I knew the Infinity still had some life in it!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, it's a low level dragon

Props to Paradox. That was a good trailer.

It's nice to see shots from the game, however I almost think too much was shown. Either way, there was nothing spectacular about this trailer. Paradox better do better. If they don't do something as good as their Crusader Kings 2 promotions, which are really the only good promotions I've ever seen them do, I'm going to say that Obsidian never should have partnered with them.

Most of the stuff we've been shown comes from the backer beta. The only new things are maybe the dragons, the plant creatures and the Gilded Vale. Pretty little, if you ask me.

Nah, it;s on 1080p calm down :p

Your link looks pretty 720p to me :p

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Props to Paradox. That was a good trailer.

It's nice to see shots from the game, however I almost think too much was shown. Either way, there was nothing spectacular about this trailer. Paradox better do better. If they don't do something as good as their Crusader Kings 2 promotions, which are really the only good promotions I've ever seen them do, I'm going to say that Obsidian never should have partnered with them.

Most of the stuff we've been shown comes from the backer beta. The only new things are maybe the dragons, the plant creatures and the Gilded Vale. Pretty little, if you ask me.

And I specifically didn't sign up for the backer beta as I didn't want to see that much of the game before it was released.....

Didn't think I'd have to avoid watching trailers, but I guess I do.

I can't say I was spolied by the trailer. It was 1 min long and it showed me glimpses. OK I saw snow, a cave, a dragon ot two, the outside of a building... These aren't spoilers. There asre teasers! Like I didn't expect to go into caves and fight dragons. Loved it. It made me want to play the game now without spoiling anything vital.

Edited by Sedrefilos

Like I didn't expect to go into caves and fight dragons.

But now you do. And that's exactly what a spoiler is.

That's what I said. That I expected to go into caves and fight dragons. I was sure this is going to be in. No spoiler there. Dunegons, caves, monsters... ok I know I'll be doing these thing. No spoiler. I'd be spoiled if they showed me something regarding the main story, or how to solve a crucial puzzle, or that a vital character does something I wouldn't expect them to do... These are spoilers. Glipmses of monsters and magic effects are not. At least not for me.

Yeah... I mean, if they make the narrative too long, it might just dragon and on... 6_u

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Good sign that PoE Champion Ed. is #1 and the Hero Ed. is #19 on the GOG bestseller list and is also #14 on the Steam popular list after one day of preorder availability.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle