Is she or is she not

Cruelbastard or Peacefullflower  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Cruelbastard or Peacefullflower

• yes she is a cruel b**ch
    • never, look at her, the personified harmony

With the way they have her face fade into the sith's. Maybe they are variations of Revan, depending on the outcome of the first game? Nah.. nevermind

I forgot how long after KotOR, LotS is playing, but if it's several years I have the idea she might be the spawn of Bastila and Revan....afterall the FAQ says something 'bout Revan having a part in the story hmm..?

My guess is the masked figure is either a Sith assassin or lord, and the woman has no real relationship to it. I'm guessing she's one of the main NPCs in the game (ex: Bastila).

So... my vote would be 'not'.

It takes place 5 years later, not 25 or 30. So I doubt it...

Anyway Bastilla wasn't hot enough to tempt my Revan...seen far hotter pixelated women.

She seems to be the 'opposite' of the evil, nasty-looking Sith....so I would guess she is, indeed, 'as pure as the driven snow.'

Whether she'll stay that way is an open question.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Regardless of who she is, I'm very pleased with the character concept art we've seen thus far. I felt it was really quite lacking in KotOR1, with many characters being rather physically indistinct. I'm hoping to see Torment-quality character designs.

I'm going to go out on a limb and write that they are one in the same. The contours of her eyes are similar in both portraits, and the nose is virtually identical. I wouldn't be surprised if she was an NPC your character can corrupt over the course of the game. Or perhaps redeem, assuming you first encounter her as a Sith and not a Jedi.

It would be damn funny if it turned out she was the same person and that was the major plot twist and you realised it 7 months before the game was finished. I bloody hope it isn't, that's for sure, i don't want the story spoiled like i did in the first game :(

Hopefully she isn't, as that IS a bit over used, the good guy + bad guy are same person.

And she does look too pure to be the bad guy. Just like in the advertisements for the original KOTOR, you had the light jedi and the dark jedi as part of one pic, it could be how your character can turn out.

The way shes looking, thats why she only can be evil. The eyes, cold, but powerfull, like an snowstorm. And then this sneer, so that shes only waiting for to take youre head.

At least, look at the sithmask, only a woman with perfect hairstyle, would have such as cap. "Oh my hair" :( , cold but trendy.

No man would ever wear such stuff.

It would be damn funny if it turned out she was the same person and that was the major plot twist and you realised it 7 months before the game was finished. I bloody hope it isn't, that's for sure, i don't want the story spoiled like i did in the first game ;)

Hopefully she isn't, as that IS a bit over used, the good guy + bad guy are same person.

And she does look too pure to be the bad guy. Just like in the advertisements for the original KOTOR, you had the light jedi and the dark jedi as part of one pic, it could be how your character can turn out.

Yeah, sure would be s*** if that would so ingame, :( but hey hey, its enough time to change the part. :ph34r:

If the one on the left is a girl, I would probably trust her anyday to do the expected. The other one however, gives me the creeps. People who goes to much trouble to appear good and righteous usually turn out to be bad company. I'm an old cynic, put her back in the freezer <_>

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Regardless of who she is, I'm very pleased with the character concept art we've seen thus far. I felt it was really quite lacking in KotOR1, with many characters being rather physically indistinct. I'm hoping to see Torment-quality character designs.

I disagree. I have the pictures side by side and there are many dissimilarities.

1: The nose isn't very similar at all. The dark side one is more "uppity" and shows more of a nostril flare.

2: The nose is further away from the jaw in the dark side one.

3: The eyes are also further away from the jaw and appears to be more round.

4: The dark side face seems to be more slim compared to the fairly round on in the lightside one.

Now, I wouldn't bs completely surprised if the are one and the same, but if it was only based on these images I wouldn't bet on it (or maybe the artist was careless with proportions).

I suppose I allowed my imagination to run wild earlier.

I did notice a few of the changes you wrote. But I figured they were very slight cosmetic alterations. For the most part I decided they were side effects of becoming a Dark Jedi. After the veiny protagonist in KotOR, and all the sickly looking Sith, my assumption was that the portrait showed a dark side incarnation of the same character. Only time will tell I guess. :rolleyes:

I suppose I allowed my imagination to run wild earlier.

I did notice a few of the changes you wrote. But I figured they were very slight cosmetic alterations. For the most part I decided they were side effects of becoming a Dark Jedi. After the veiny protagonist in KotOR, and all the sickly looking Sith, my assumption was that the portrait showed a dark side incarnation of the same character. Only time will tell I guess. :rolleyes:

1 and 4 can be explained by turning darkside. As can the shape of the eyes. But the longer distance between jaw and nose and eyes can't.

It's still possible that they're the same, there could be other factors and I am far from an art expert.

:lol:

I honestly don't think that those two are the same person. Who's ever idea it was to put up a image like that is just doing this on purpose. They are trying to portray the "good vs evil" aspect of the game.

The same went with KOTOR, we seen images of Bastilla and next to it would be an image of Malak.

That image is just there to portray the balance of good and evil and which side would you follow, the good side (Jedi Woman) or bad side (Evil looking figure).

And besides, its just an image that changes to another image. I wouldn't look too much into it.

Just two images that are 100% opposite from each other.

I will just say this:

The hooded guy has a nasty look and wields a red-colored lightsaber: if we follow the movies' philosophy, he is a bad guy, therefore a Sith (lord?).

On the other hand, the middle-aged woman has a purer look and wields a blue-colored lightsaber, therefore we can assume she is amongst the good guys.

The whole idea of creating that switching picture is to make a contrast between two characters who rather seem to be important in the game.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I will just say this:

The hooded guy has a nasty look and wields a red-colored lightsaber: if we follow the movies' philosophy, he is a bad guy, therefore a Sith (lord?).

On the other hand, the middle-aged woman has a purer look and wields a blue-colored lightsaber, therefore we can assume she is amongst the good guys.

The whole idea of creating that switching picture is to make a contrast between two characters who rather seem to be important in the game.

amen.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

Why does everybody think that the woman is middle-aged ?

To me she looks no older than 30, propably younger. I don't think her hair is white because of age, but to symbolize innocence and pureness, but her expression looks more like business and not as engrossed as Bastilla. She looks like she can take care of herself unlike the former heroine.

Nevertheless the concept art looks really astonishing and I hope that they can translate it to the Kotor engine.