Suggestion: Show these things over character portrait

Endarire

Greetings, all!

I'd like to see these things shown over a character's portrait:

-The current/max HP.  Thus, if a party member has 12 of 20 HP, it would show such as 12/20.  Make this a toggleable option.

-The next action for this unit currently in the queue, except for movement.  Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition did this, with the action's icon being shown in the portrait's top-right.  It was handy to know that my issued command of casting mirror image or attacking a foe with a bow was acknowledged by the game and is being processed.  (Large character portraits facilitated the ability to show such icons.)

Edited by Endarire
  • Like 2

Greetings, all!

I'd like to see these things shown over a character's portrait:

-The current/max HP.  Thus, if a party member has 12 of 20 HP, it would show such as 12/20.  Make this a toggleable option.

-The next action for this unit currently in the queue, except for movement.  Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition did this, with the action's icon being shown in the portrait's top-right.  It was handy to know that my issued command of casting mirror image or attacking a foe with a bow was acknowledged by the game and is being processed.  (Large character portraits facilitated the ability to show such icons.)

Some people hate that for some reason. This post might finally shed light on why.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

-The next action for this unit currently in the queue, except for movement.

Character actions are currently shown in the Combat HUD. I don't have anything against moving the Combat HUD action and recovery timer to the portrait area for player characters (preferably in the unused space below them), as long as it can be disabled and it is not covering the portraits.

Edited by Sensuki

yes please, Obsidian, please consider this as well as option for disabling countdown graphics/moving them to the edge out of my sight, i don’t want to be a slave of animated bars/whatever (a slave of rounds yes), at least i’d like to try without them.

Equally, I'm perfectly happy for some FTL-style slavery in this regard, just for the love of god put it somewhere that isn't completely obscured the second an AoE is cast.

Granted, I've been pretty out of the loop for a while.

I don't think I liked the look of it, although it's possible I reconsidered my position since then. I am fine with it as long as it is implemented well, looks good and can be disabled. If recovery time is ever given a diff animation than combat idle I'm turning those things off straight away.

Anything that gets those Combat HUDs off the screen is fine by me.

Edited by Sensuki