Soloing Pillars of Eternity (Minimal spoilers, please!)

I decided to try soloing PoTD but I can't seem to get past Caed Nua, since the shades perma stun lock.  Even on a "graze" they stun for 3 seconds, and they attack WAY faster then once every 3 seconds.. as soon as you get hit, its game over.

Attempting to "Sneak" by them doesn't seem to work either, as there are just too many.

That is my first roadblock.. 

Anyone know how to deal with the perma stun locking?

I decided to try soloing PoTD but I can't seem to get past Caed Nua, since the shades perma stun lock.  Even on a "graze" they stun for 3 seconds, and they attack WAY faster then once every 3 seconds.. as soon as you get hit, its game over.

Attempting to "Sneak" by them doesn't seem to work either, as there are just too many.

That is my first roadblock.. 

Anyone know how to deal with the perma stun locking?

I am currently soloing with a godlike/rogue character, I had the same problem in Caed Nua. ****ing Phantoms.

The way past them is to use an arbalest/crossbow to pick up from a distance , and when they approach you make sure you have traps in set to greet them.

I am now in Defiance Bay and having a hard time with the svef quest (too many in the fight).   Best of luck

• 2 weeks later...