Overwatch: Blizzard's New IP

ktchong

probably what they could salvage from Titan

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I was a huge D2 fan and I played WoW till they ruined it with vehicle system. After D3 Blizzard is dead to me. They're still afloat only because they have a horde of fanboys who totally fail to understand how anyone can dislike and criticize Blizzard games and policies. When I posted on battle.net that I wouldn't buy RoS their response was basically "now you say this but on launch day you won't be able to resist". Yeah, right.

• Like 1

"I was a huge D2 fan and I played WoW till they ruined it with vehicle system. After D3 Blizzard is dead to me. They're still afloat only because they have a horde of fanboys who totally fail to understand how anyone can dislike and criticize Blizzard games and policies. When I posted on battle.net that I wouldn't buy RoS their response was basically "now you say this but on launch day you won't be able to resist". Yeah, right."

WAAAAAAAAAA! Someone somewhere likes something I don't. WAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You should read your post because there is a lot of hypocrisin it.  You totally fail to understand how anyone can like Blizzard games and policies just ebcause you don't.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

after reading about what Titan could've been I gave out a sigh of relief, sounds absolutely terrible, so I won't be forced to play it by my friends who're into coop shooters (I am already fatigued from fighting off their attempts to drag me into Loadout, Team Fortress 2, MNC and the like)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Multiplayer coop is a horrible horrible phenomenon while team deathmatch is of course still the awesome it has always been. The distinction is immensely important. 

I assume this is deathmatch and CTF and the like oriented with team oriented obejctives. That's fine I suppose but for my money splitting everyone into different classes is sometimes more trouble than it's worth. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Details: The security guard in the monitoring room plays Hearthstone on a semi-transparent tablet. :)

The game is not my cup of tea by the looks of it, but Blizzard is still a master of cinematics, that's for sure.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

If it's not a single player, party-based tactical RPG I have no interest. I can't really tell what type of game it is from glancing at those videos, but guessing it's some multi-player focused sort of nonsense.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Err, Blizzard has never made a game of that type. They aren't likely to either.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

To be fair, Blizzard often branches out and tries different genres.  They just tend to cancel them instead of releasing a product they don't feel will be exceptional.  Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost were both out of their wheelhouse.  They released Hearthstone and that seems super popular, and of course WoW was a surprising new direction for Blizzard way back when it came out.

A Team Fortress style game is out of their normal wheelhouse too, but it looks like they have a pretty solid entry into the genre.

• Like 2

Blizzard has also always been about making loads of money and party based tactical RPG's in 2014 are about as fringe as you can get.

Not saying it'll never happen but I just don't see it happening any time soon.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Err, than clearly I'm not going to be interested in their new game. :geek:

I've pretty much been done with Blizzard for a while anyway.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

To be fair, Blizzard often branches out and tries different genres.  They just tend to cancel them instead of releasing a product they don't feel will be exceptional.  Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost were both out of their wheelhouse.  They released Hearthstone and that seems super popular, and of course WoW was a surprising new direction for Blizzard way back when it came out.

A Team Fortress style game is out of their normal wheelhouse too, but it looks like they have a pretty solid entry into the genre.

It's a silly card game. Any card game efficionado could have done that in his basement 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.