Option to disable reload action for ranged weapon

dunehunter

For now characters will automatically reload after shooting, which is annoying if we want to switch to melee immediately after shooting, can we have the option to select each character's strategy on reloading so for a ranger he will reloading while other melee class will go melee after shooting?

• Like 1

Couldn't another action be queued after the shot, so that the character doesn't reload? I think of similar situations I've had in Mount&Blade :) There I could just switch weapons to avoid reloading. Here we have weapon sets.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Couldn't another action be queued after the shot, so that the character doesn't reload? I think of similar situations I've had in Mount&Blade :) There I could just switch weapons to avoid reloading. Here we have weapon sets.

Yeah queuing action can solve the problem too, do we have it in pillar of eternity yet?

You can cancel the animation by pressing the cancel key [x]. In the IE games you could interrupt anything by moving. Pillars of Eternity needs a cancel function built into right-click move IMO, I've been campaigning for it since before the beta was released.

That would solve this problem.

You can cancel the animation by pressing the cancel key [x]. In the IE games you could interrupt anything by moving. Pillars of Eternity needs a cancel function built into right-click move IMO, I've been campaigning for it since before the beta was released.

That would solve this problem.

Yeah u can cancel anything wtih micro control, but that can be quite tedious imho. And in this situation u have to cancel reload animation in every every encounter if u want to make your melee shoot and swing, but i would like to see if we can simplify the controlling.

Edited by dunehunter

In the IE games, all you needed to do was issue a move command to stop something. That was fine, and that's how I reckon it should be handled in this game too.

There is a bug where when you change weapons, the reload animation still plays but with the weapon set that you just changed to - that shouldn't occur. Changing weapon sets should cancel the reload animation IMO. Weapon switching should be an animation in itself, rather than instant.

Edited by Sensuki

Well, gotta load your sword before you swing it. Don't forget to wind up your axe, either.

Crap, when I saw "Wind Axe," I thought it was an air-element-attributed axe! o_o

6_u

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u