Music - must - go on!

Rosbjerg

Who do I talk to about stopping this stupid policy of closing threads due to length? I PMed a mod a year or so ago and asked why and their response was basically: 'Well.. we've just always done it that way.' It's really a retarded policy. Really.

• Like 1

de Morales (c.1500-1533), Invitatorium (regem cui omnia vivunt), Officium Defunctorum.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

This city's sleeping like a soldier trapped inside of an iron lung!!

Machines can keep you breathing but what happens when you find a new war's begun?!!

Flip a switch and turn it off: you won't be able to breathe!

...So either way you're a casualty...

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

If I had to pick my favorite band, Genesis would be my answer. And if I had to pick my favorite studio album by them, Selling England by the Pound would be it. And they've got a lot of great studio albums. That said, Genesis was at their best on stage.

• Like 1

If I had to pick my favorite band, Genesis would be my answer. And if I had to pick my favorite studio album by them, Selling England by the Pound would be it. And they've got a lot of great studio albums. That said, Genesis was at their best on stage.

In my opinion Genesis' output from the early to mid 70s can go toe to toe with any band's output in a similar stretch of time.  They put out some amazing stuff during those years.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In my opinion Genesis' output from the early to mid 70s can go toe to toe with any band's output in a similar stretch of time.  They put out some amazing stuff during those years.

Aye. I'd say they put out some amazing stuff after those years as well. Even if one isn't that big a fan of the more poppy stuff, there's not one Genesis album that doesn't have an awesome prog song on it. Studio albumwise Selling England and Lamb Lies Down are probably my favorites but many others aren't that far behind. Seconds Out and Three Sides Live (original US release) are easily my most listened to Genesis albums as well as my most listened to albums of any band period (and I've got them on Vinyl, Cassette, and CD). If I made a list of my favorite songs by Genesis, many of them are post Gabriel era, and I think that they were at their peak on stage in the late 70s early 80s. (I also happen to think Gabriel reached his peak on stage post Genesis as well). Certainly some of the best drums I've ever heard are Collins and Thompson banging away together. I mean, here they are, at the height of their 'poppy era' on the Invisible Touch Tour, which I don't even think is their best tour, nor is this even the best Los Endos I've heard, but holy smokes is it still awesome.

• Like 1

I'm definitely a bigger fan of Gabriel Era Genesis than Post Gabriel Era Genesis, but they absolutely did release some good stuff even when they went heavy into pop.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's not as if they haven't replaced guys before...

I know (they have replaced him before), but between this and Malcolm Young's dementia it feels like the end of the favorite band of my formative years. sad.png