What you did today

Rosbjerg

Had a truck driver screw us over by not answering his phone over the weekend. He shows up 4 hours earlier than we need him, waits around, then decides he's too tired to do the drive and that he totally didn't know a 7 hour transit each way job required a layover.

Panicked over that, eventually called another company at 3 o clock, had another driver lined up in an hour.

Every day is a crisis day at this job.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Had a mild case of motivation. Got better.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Obliged to take time off due to working long hours in preceeding weeks.

Evening session with boys, beer, brandy, whisky, port. Played Munchausen.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I wrote a 11,532 word business proposal for a current work project recommending we modify an existing design by replacing the planned 171 site layout with a 155 site layout by replacing the planned Andrews dipole antennas with Kathrien Planar antennas. The central argument being that the vertically polarized Kathriens have a 120 degree h-Plane beamwidth that allows a better coverage arc and a lower thermal expansion coefficient since the elements are enclosed in a fiberglass housing. This is of particular concern since the customer is located in Illinois. However the plan does save the customer the costs of constructing 16 sites but it means reworking the existing designs because the Kathriens use DIN connectors and the current sites are all using N type. So they would all have to be reworked and the Kathriens have more weight so there is static stress on the mounting structures and additional wind load reinforcements to consider but all of the additional costs are more than offset by the savings of constructing 16 fewer sites.

It's no better than even money it will be accepted since municipal projects are financed from multiple "buckets" so to speak and a net cost saving will not necessarily be embraced if it benefits one "bucket" more than another. Besides, in my experience governments seldom concern themselves with saving the taxpayers money. When the waste all the wool they just go shear the sheep again.

After wrestling with that beast I took my wife out to dinner and a NBA game.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:lol:  Nah. If they buy it they buy it. If they don't they don't. I'm just a consultant. My paycheck is the same either way.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Th neighbours will have heard the outraged bull like wail of an educated grown up watching the Dr Who episode.

What the name of the nine names of **** is going on with the writers? Can the BBC really not recruit someone who can be arsed to write episodes that actually fit together and have internal logic? It's not as if there aren't _literally_ millions of hard working authors out there, desperate for a chance. Hell, we've got two or three on these bloody forums who could do a better job than this drivel.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Fun client meeting today, just listening to them rage at their boss. Also have our big bosses in town, so that means some painfully forced socializing at a bar.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fun client meeting today, just listening to them rage at their boss. Also have our big bosses in town, so that means some painfully forced socializing at a bar.

My advice is have a drink at the bar, its never to late to start drinking and I honestly think it will give you  a more positive outlook on life :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't have one now? Alcohol is pricey and just resulted in my being thirsty. They seem to be alcoholics here though, several go drinking heavily often.

• Like 1

I don't have one now? Alcohol is pricey and just resulted in my being thirsty. They seem to be alcoholics here though, several go drinking heavily often.

Get them to buy you drinks? That way you don't waste any money :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hahaha, my managers paying for us? :lol:

YNWA man. Thought you guys were faithful :)

Th neighbours will have heard the outraged bull like wail of an educated grown up watching the Dr Who episode.

What the name of the nine names of **** is going on with the writers? Can the BBC really not recruit someone who can be arsed to write episodes that actually fit together and have internal logic? It's not as if there aren't _literally_ millions of hard working authors out there, desperate for a chance. Hell, we've got two or three on these bloody forums who could do a better job than this drivel.

Maybe you should avoid watching children's programs Wals.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Arsenal blew a 3-0 lead :lol: This team is such a joke.

• Like 1

It's like when I play FIFA and then the AI decides it's had enough of my crap and enables God mode

Maybe that's why I completely lost interest in this show after the Peter Davidson era. I've tried watching it recently a few times but... meh

Thomas Sowell