Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

Yknow something that just popped in my head...well didn't JUST pop in my head, but I feel it's worth pointing out now...

And I can guarantee you in another 3 months where we mark the 6 month anniversary of GG there still won't be any substantive changes that GG endeavours to achieve.

We've already accomplished one of three goals I care about within the video game portion of gamergate (crashing the mainstream media being an unrealistic and only slightly related 4th pipedream), you keep on saying that we haven't accomplished anything or that we won't accomplish anything, well, we're accomplishing the portions of the movement I care about just fine. So why do you keep on insisting we're never gonna accomplish anything when we already have?

Shallow if  I comment honesty I'll just end up offending people which is why I decided a while ago not to actively participate in this thread. Remember I have a responsibility to try to maintain a certain state of decorum as there are people like Volo who really look up to me and basically are guided by my comments. And the last thing I want to do is tarnish in anyway his almost perfect image of me ;)

I really think I have said everything I have said about GG. So its best I only comment occasionally and leave this discussion to people who believe in GG :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

GG wins simply by gamers existing. If people like Bruce's buddies had their way I'd be dead. They threaten me with cold blooded pre mediated murder. They failed in their mission. I still live and am still playing games. NOTHING they do can stop me. It's INSTA win for all gamers. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

http://basedgamer.com/#

Rotten Tomatoes thing for vidya.

Thoughts?

Metacritic with a different name?

My first thought exactly, with any luck they will figure out an algorithm that accounts for blinding rage when reviewing. Something like :

if (score == 0 && spellcheck_errors < 10 && profanities < 10) {

actualscore = spellcheck_errors + profanities + score

};

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What co-founder of Polygon has to say about a scientist who was part of successful mission to land a probe to a comet:

https://archive.today/20141113200623/http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

Why do these people feel the need to tear down men for the most bizarre reasons instead of, I don't know, actually interviewing Kathrin Altwegg who was part of this mission to land the probe? Is it really a ****ing shirt what's keeping women from science or is reporting like this that doesn't even mention successful women in science?

This is The Fine Young Capitalists all over again. This **** has to end.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Gamergate should totally do a kickstarter and ask for 500.000$ to do a handful of youtube vids.

Then deliver only a third of them 2 years later.

What co-founder of Polygon has to say about a scientist who was part of successful mission to land a probe to a comet:

https://archive.today/20141113200623/http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

Why do these people feel the need to tear down men for the most bizarre reasons instead of, I don't know, actually interviewing Kathrin Altwegg who was part of this mission to land the probe? Is it really a ****ing shirt what's keeping women from science or is reporting like this that doesn't even mention successful women in science?

This is The Fine Young Capitalists all over again. This **** has to end.

TN posted this earlier and what makes it funny is that the shirt was made for him by a female friend. Way to **** on a woman's work, how "progressive" of them.

As to the tearing down of men instead of highlighting the accomplishments of women, I honestly can't answer that. I too find it mind-boggling that rather than celebrate the accomplishments of women, these "progressives" would rather sling poop over minor things while ignoring the effort and success of women currently doing things. You would think the best way to having a more diverse (insert whatever industry or subculture here) would be to show women and minorities who have done well in (insert whatever industry or subculture here) instead of making (insert whatever industry or subculture here) seem like a dark place inhabited by people who are hostile towards women and minorities.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I've always hated Tomb Raider. Always.

Heretic! bat.gif

I loved the original Tomb Raider game. One of the first games where I actually felt "immersed" in a world, with lots of free roaming exploring. *Exploring* being the keyword. It was also the first game I had that used my Orchid 3Dfx card wink.png

The level design, the blatant ripoff from Jurassic Park, the ancient South American settings, the ambience, it was bloody brillant.

Thread getting long... more stuff here

:closed:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein