Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

That link takes me to the October 10th interview in the series of interviews. Did you mean there was a new one?

I expected better of you, TrueNeutral, but - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sjw-to-skeleton/kckodmjikeoncekpplppkkcjolofmacc?hl=en

Is what I think it is, for Chrome anyway.

Hey, why would I put effort in myself if I have you to do it for me? :lol:

I did briefly look for it but I was more thinking along the lines of word replacement then that specific set of words. Thanks anyway!

12 major sites declared that there is a gamer culture, that it is dead, that everyone disagreeing is a white, womanhating neckbeard, and there is no debate to be had.

Except that didn't actually happen.

From the very same link, the Gamasutra article:

"These obtuse ****slingers, these wailing hyper-consumers, these childish internet-arguers -- they are not my audience. They don’t have to be yours. There is no ‘side’ to be on, there is no ‘debate’ to be had."

One out of 18! Boo hoo!

(Actually, there are 2 or 3 more with a similar tone, so it's not just this one. Still, "a coordinated attack on gamers by 12 articles on the same day" it ain't.)

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

That link takes me to the October 10th interview in the series of interviews. Did you mean there was a new one?

I saw it on KiA and linked it. I should really take in more caffeine.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The forum hard man is right, Meshugger, it's not that bad.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

first a side dish of un-logic:

https://twitter.com/FartToContinue/status/529689970181947392/photo/1

Then the main course:

https://8chan.co/gg/src/1415110213792-0.jpg

Yup, Gawker, that doesnt' even pay it's interns, paid peopel to infiltrate GG and sabotage it.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

So far no website has been boycotted for having SJW sympathies. If any ever do, or if the anti-SJW elements get out of hand; I'm out. So far though; people like Trashman are a small minority.

So I don't think GG has crossed that line, or is even headed in that direction. I feel once we win this first fight; SJWs will be off our radar, and people like Trashman will need to find another bandwagon to jump on. Maybe they'll find a movement about father's rights and try to turn that into an anti-SJW crusade.

I'm not on any crusades.

Nor am I jumping to or from bandwagons.

I don't mind SJWs as long as they don't try to force-feed me their gruel. Over when we defeat the game jornos?

What about the mass media outlets that demonized gamers? They lied and created a witch hunt - should they get away scott free.

Game Journos are only one head of a hydra, so to speak.

No, no conspiracy or anything...just interest, money, power and incompetence mixed

12 major sites declared that there is a gamer culture, that it is dead, that everyone disagreeing is a white, womanhating neckbeard, and there is no debate to be had.

Except that didn't actually happen.

From the very same link, the Gamasutra article:

"These obtuse ****slingers, these wailing hyper-consumers, these childish internet-arguers -- they are not my audience. They don’t have to be yours. There is no ‘side’ to be on, there is no ‘debate’ to be had."

One out of 18! Boo hoo!

(Actually, there are 2 or 3 more with a similar tone, so it's not just this one. Still, "a coordinated attack on gamers by 12 articles on the same day" it ain't.)

Keep going

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ultimately, the stakes on the GG'er side are so low that the people who appear to care intently about the cause all either look pretty weird, or are motivated by opportunism (drawing attention/clicks/follows by ratifying the views of supporters) or hateful tribalism (see Trashman's "I'm really in this because I hate SJWs" post above).

Don't put words in my mouth. Not cool.

And calling me a hatefull tribalist? Son, you don goofed.

Various sexual acts described in detail

*DISCLAIMER - the above is a joke *

Edited by Gorgon

So far no website has been boycotted for having SJW sympathies. If any ever do, or if the anti-SJW elements get out of hand; I'm out. So far though; people like Trashman are a small minority.

So I don't think GG has crossed that line, or is even headed in that direction. I feel once we win this first fight; SJWs will be off our radar, and people like Trashman will need to find another bandwagon to jump on. Maybe they'll find a movement about father's rights and try to turn that into an anti-SJW crusade.

I'm not on any crusades.

Nor am I jumping to or from bandwagons.

I don't mind SJWs as long as they don't try to force-feed me their gruel. Over when we defeat the game jornos?

What about the mass media outlets that demonized gamers? They lied and created a witch hunt - should they get away scott free.

Game Journos are only one head of a hydra, so to speak.

No, no conspiracy or anything...just interest, money, power and incompetence mixed

You are aware when you cut off a hydra head two more will emerge, right?

My gay friend had a conversation with an anti-GG white, cis man and he said that my friend was sexist by default because being gay means you don't like women. :lol:

Nothing surprises me anyone.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My gay friend had a conversation with an anti-GG white, cis man and he said that my friend was sexist by default because being gay means you don't like women. :lol:

How do people end up saying stuff like that, really ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How do people end up saying stuff like that, really ?

Insanity.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

WUT? Isn't the stereotype of gays is being 'feminine'  anda woman's best male friend who likes clothes as much she doe? :p

ToF_81-07_Web.jpg

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

B1nmmLMCcAI7MnX.png

- TotalBiscuit.

I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone the creator and the executive producer of Bayonetta are both females.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

So Pakman interviewed Arthur Chu and now Chu is having a meltdown.

What does he care about this, exactly ?

What does he care about this, exactly ?

I believe Chu writes about vidya for Salon.

What Malcador said. And link please.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

What Malcador said. And link please.

https://mobile.twitter.com/arthur_affect/status/529718732956790784

Pakman interviewed a KKK politician who went on to shoot up a synagogue. Chu is angry about that I guess.

Edited by KaineParker

Another slightly relevant issue to Pakman...

The guy he was speaking to in that progressive video is from the Rubin Report. I'm familiar with all of these shows cause they're all part of the TYT (The Young Turks) network, a news network I used to watch regularly but now don't so much because they've kinda devolved into a lot of the same tactics I'm unfond of.  Misleading titles, news reports with a clear agenda, lots of focuses on either race or feminism when it doesn't neccesarily need that kind of spin alongside a lot of youtube commentators who are also the opposite problem and don't like race-based or gender-based stories even when appropriate and react disgustingly, lot of "gossip news" sort of stuff amounting to little more than "Sarah Palin said a thing." Cenk himself is still ok and covers interesting subjects when reporting alone, but aside from him...? Not really anyone that brought good stories to the table except for David Rubin.

If Rubin were to cover GamerGate, that'd also be good. I trust the guy to be fair, level headed and open minded about it. I've noticed that while TYT itself only barely touched GG by stating "hey cmon guys, harassment is wrong if it's happening," a lot of people in the TYT network want to cover it. Another group I'm unfamiliar with did a livestream on it a couple weeks back. Funny how the network itself is hands off on the subject but the individuals working for it or supporting it or wishing to be affiliated with it are tackling the story harder than any other group that I'm aware of...

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?