[333] Game crashing on attempting to transition to Dyrford Cross/Ruins

Zakaste

Question

As others have posted. This appears to happen when you partially clear the Crossing/Cave, then leave and go back to Dyrford town. Can sometimes make it into the Crossing on repeated loading attempts, but attempting to descend into the Ruins inevitably crashes the game. 

I cleared the spider cave except for the Queen, killed Kograk and brought his head to Rumbald, got the Egg and brought it to Hendyna. 

In the cave I grabbed the skull key and Trygil's note.

On returning to Dyrford Village, I confronted and killed Trygil, then rested for the Dragon's Den bonus.

When attempting to transition back to the crossing, the game crashed repeatedly. I managed to get through after repeated save/load cycles, used the skull key to open the statue. Got stuck at the Ruins loading screen and haven't been able to get in, ever.

I've attached some crash reports.2014-11-02_103048.zip2014-11-02_104030.zip

5 answers to this question

My game crashes after I went in the ogre cave for the second time to kill the remaining spiders and recover the tattered note (Korgrak killed in the first visit). Now I can't neither go out of the cave through the entrance nor get to the platform with the cultist corpse.

I would attach my crash reports but I can't find how to do that. :D Can somebody help pls?

Clean,

The crash reports are automatically generated and stored in the Steam directory on your hard drive when the game crashes. On my computer they're located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta

They are stored in a date-time format, such as 2014-11-02_093900

If you want to attach them to these posts, you have to click on the "More Reply Options" button to the right of "Post" (lower right hand of the screen as you are typing a response). That will give you the option to attach files. Crash reports will need to be compressed in order to pass the data limit (WinZip or something similar).

Hope this helps.