Request for all Brazilians, "please put the Portuguese 'option'

Guys I think you guys should put Portuguese translation. Here in Brazil the staff has invested a lot in games. And sad to wait about 1 year to someone release a playable Portuguese translation. '' Original sin Divinity '' is an example of this here in Brazil. The game has already released some time ago and still do not have a translation. Result is that many Brazilians still have not bought it as I have the game yet to have isso.Para idea the renowned '' ice wind dale '' Not yet possesses a translation. I would ask on behalf of all the people gamer BR so if possible you guys put a translation pt br.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, is the Portuguese language setting in most games etc South American Portuguese or Portuguese from actual Portugal?

`This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!` - God Emperor of Didcot by Toby Frost.

All games translated to Portuguese in Brazil are indeed Brazilian Portuguese. That'd be very awkward to see European portuguese, since Brazilians are not used to it -- much less to play the game in Spanish

I've never understood why they sometimes add French and Italian, and now even polish, but Portuguese get no love from them. 

Portuguese speakers are larger in number than the sum of French, Italian and Polish speakers together, but I always see these languages translated. Brazil is the 5th country in video gaming market, but I think that doesn't justify using Google translate + one single Portuguese speaker to translate the game. Well, thanks to dictionary and Baldur's Gate I learned English, but in a heavy-texted game you have no idea how that is tough... 

Edited by Dog_whisperer
  • Like 2

All games translated to Portuguese in Brazil are indeed Brazilian Portuguese. That'd be very awkward to see European portuguese, since Brazilians are not used to it -- much less to play the game in Spanish

I've never understood why they sometimes add French and Italian, and now even polish, but Portuguese get no love from them. 

Portuguese speakers are larger in number than the sum of French, Italian and Polish speakers together, but I always see these languages translated. Brazil is the 5th country in video gaming market, but I think that doesn't justify using Google translate + one single Portuguese speaker to translate the game. Well, thanks to dictionary and Baldur's Gate I learned English, but in a heavy-texted game you have no idea how that is tough... 

Have you considered Obsidian may be trying to motivate Brazil to learn english?

• 2 months later...

Offtopic, spanish will be included? :D

Jugue a una version antigua de la beta y podias elegir textos en español pero habia varias lineas de dialogo mal traducidas, sin sentido o desordenadas.

De hecho los iwd y baldurs salieron en español pero la traduccion fallaba de vez en cuando.

From update 50#

What languages will you be supporting?

In addition to English, Project Eternity will be released in French, German, Spanish, Polish, and Russian.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63672-update-50-so-project-eternity/

That's because Polish and Russian are handled by the local distributor, not Obsidian themselves.

Does Obsidian handle any localization at all? It's not their job, as far as I know.

I suppose the publisher is responsible for that, but still, they have to cover the costs.  German, French and Spanish localizations were a stretch goal (Polish and Russian weren't).

For what it's worth, Portuguese wasn't a popular choice in the translation poll. Of course, part of the reason is that people interested in it might not be fluent enough in English to join an English-speaking forum.

Polish but not Portuguese? ...oh.. kay.

For what it is worth, a few devs have indicated that Poland (and central and eastern Europe) are known to be good markets for classic crpgs. Therefore translating the game into Polish is a safe bet.

As an aside, I don't know much about the gaming preferences in Brazil, so if anyone could link me to any information, preferably in English, I would be grateful.