Update on the Update

BAdler

Sorry. Been super busy over here. I am testing a backer beta right now. Seems okay to me so we will probably release this tomorrow. We changed our VO streaming process and it was causing issues with backer beta since the build process is a bit different for it.

• Like 19

I hope IE mod will also update asap, so we could test the high level stuff as well.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Sorry. Been super busy over here. I am testing a backer beta right now. Seems okay to me so we will probably release this tomorrow. We changed our VO streaming process and it was causing issues with backer beta since the build process is a bit different for it.

Don't be hasty on the patch notes. It's been a month of tuesdays since the last update. ;) The previous patch notes are confusing as to what's actually been fixed vs known issues. Are there still daily builds? Did Justin have a chance to go through and tweak the combat music fade in and out? Previously that .5 sec delay was too fast!

I'd still love to be a game designer. Even knowing how ragged you guys are run. Unfortunately, my Accuracy is 5, and Game Design's Deflection is 1,000. I need to level up a bit. 8P

I wish it was something you could apprentice, like blacksmithing or sorcery.

@BAdler,

Just know that we are eternally (see what I did there?) grateful for how hard you work, especially when it comes to getting us a final beta build in the midst of the maelstrom that must be The Final Weeks Before Launch.

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Don't be hasty on the patch notes. It's been a month of tuesdays since the last update. ;) The previous patch notes are confusing as to what's actually been fixed vs known issues. Are there still daily builds? Did Justin have a chance to go through and tweak the combat music fade in and out? Previously that .5 sec delay was too fast!

I'd say don't bother making any notes. badler has got much more important things on his plate. BBers can play and report bugs without notes.

If we would get the new and last beta in the next few hours: Isn't it already to late to report bugs for the goldmaster? Or will those bugs reported from the coming BB "just" affect a day one patch?

It's NEVER too late to report bugs no matter the circumstance because this game is Obsidian's baby and there will be many patches post-release. However, if this was made by EA/Dice/Ubisoft, yea no point reporting bugs because microtransactions more important to focus on.

Calibrating...

Don't be hasty on the patch notes. It's been a month of tuesdays since the last update. wink.png The previous patch notes are confusing as to what's actually been fixed vs known issues. Are there still daily builds? Did Justin have a chance to go through and tweak the combat music fade in and out? Previously that .5 sec delay was too fast!

I'd say don't bother making any notes. badler has got much more important things on his plate. BBers can play and report bugs without notes.

But that's.. not how it works. You need the notes to verify what bugs have actually been fixed and so you know what needs testing. While it's entirely true that you *can* test blind like a fumbling idiot, it's pretty far from ideal, and a lot more testing gets done if there's notes clarifying what's supposed to be fixed, what's working as intended, and what's still an issue.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

If it's released today I wouldn't expect it out for another 7-8 hours. They're not even in work for another hr at least.

Maybe they have no strength to leave the building and just sleep in their offices..... The last weeks before a game is released is a wild and exhausting ride ;(

this silence is unbearable.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Honestly Dr. ALLOY that's mostly what most of us want. Just some context of what's been addressed, what's recognised, how the new changes affect the old builds, and what to expext over the next 2-3 weeks that should be within scope to put in. We're not expecting perfection, but hopefully thing's are better and not worst than before. It's clear obsidian wants to do their best, and we want to support them.