Update on the Update

BAdler

we are still in the office working - we leave for PAX on Friday. 

Sorry, I misinterpreted your tweet

I'm heading to Boston for the first time for @Official_PAX east! Any recommendations to check out while I'm there?

I took that as I'm leaving now. I think MA is supposed to have some good craft beers.

Deal with it - the game's ruleset will be improvised by a caffeine-stoned Josh half an hour before the release is pushed to Steam laughing.gif

Hahaha. All we have is a rough draft right now. They're going to pull an all-nighter and write their whole paper the night before it's due. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Today, hope a last patch before release...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

It's Friday, though. I'd be very surprised if it'd come out today. The fact that BAdler is online but hasn't said anything could just mean that he's pushing off telling us. No-one likes making people disappointed, especially when we've got such sweet puppy-eyes.

t50aJUd.jpg

I was reading the exhaustive patch notes on the new unity 5.0 release and there's so many great new features in there I'm willing to give them an extra month to release with all the new changes that would just make this go to a whole new level. Lot's of improvements across the board from animations, physics, lighting, shaders, audio mixing, optimization, and tons more.

http://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-5.0

I was reading the exhaustive patch notes on the new unity 5.0 release and there's so many great new features in there I'm willing to give them an extra month to release with all the new changes that would just make this go to a whole new level. Lot's of improvements across the board from animations, physics, lighting, shaders, audio mixing, optimization, and tons more.

http://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-5.0

Man that's a long list indeed !

Isnt WL2 updating to Unity 5? I think I read that somewhere. Thats way after release. Also, benefit of Unity 5 is the free editor. So you dont need to spend a fortune to mod the game (Unity 5 Personal Edition). That would go a long way to meeting OE's promise of moddability.

Edited by Shevek
  • Like 1

Isnt WL2 updating to Unity 5? I think I read that somewhere.

Yup. Announced in their latest Kickstarter update. They're making WL2 GOTY Edition for PC, PS4 and Xbox and it will feature updated graphics through Unity 5.

I can only hope Obsidian will do the same with PoE.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Doesn't look like it will be this week anyway, probably gonna get a "sorry next week reply" later today I suppose?

I may be wrong though.

You aren't wrong. Sorry next week reply.

We are holding off because some changes we made to the base game (streaming of VO) ended up causing serious problems in the Backer Beta. We are fixing them (and it might be good for tomorrow), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

No joy in mudville? =(

Only the nexest of weeks shall bring forth a new build. u_u...

This week was not nexty enough.

• Like 4

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

They're not here to answer your question, they're in Boston for PAX East. We have an official statement (and a more recent unofficial one) that they would like to do another one, as the more eyes on the game reporting bugs the better - as it will make it into the Day 0 patch.

Edited by Sensuki