Update on the Update

BAdler

Maybe they could add a statue or something like that in the graveyard where all the gravestones with Backer's texts are.

Sensuki's efforts during the Beta period should be acknowledged in-game.

I've always thought the graveyard is a silly place to commemorate your fans. Can't the city have some sort of hall of notable citizen or something? :)

• Like 5

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

What if they were all citizens in your Stronghold? I mean, not like full custom characters, but, just names/a roster of the people in your stronghold. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Yo, Obsidian, Sensuki deserves a recognitioN!

You walk down a path and find a concerned woman standing near a door to a cellar. When you ask her what is wrong, she tells you she has a bug problem but a passerby offered to help her. She says he went down but has not been seen since. When you ask about his name she tells you he was a young man called Sensuki. When you click on the door to the cellar, you get a message "Sensuki: Don't worry good sir, I got this! Only 999 bugs to go!". Edited by archangel979
  • Like 8

You walk down a path and find a concerned woman standing near a door to a cellar. When you ask her what is wrong, she tells you she has a bug problem but a passerby offered to help her. She says he went down but has not been seen since. When you ask about his name she tells you he was a young man called Sensuki. When you click on the door to the cellar, you get a message "Sensuki: Don't worry good sir, I got this! Only 999 bugs to go!".

So much this!  This would be an epic addition!

Your specific capitalization of the letter "n" has sparked a pun. Congratulations!

It's pouring rain, and your party stops at a middle-of-nowhere little establishment with firelight flickering in its windows. As you approach the door, you look upon a plaque you've noticed just above it. It reads:

"The Recognitio Inn."

As you enter, shaking the torrents of water from your cloak and boots, the owner greets you with a smile. "Hi! I'm Sensuki!". He then resumes what appear to be experiments regarding the best number of glasses to stack behind the bar, the best location for each bottle of liquor, the best "patrol routes" for his barmaids to most efficiently keep flagons filled, etc.

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 4

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

They're probably sneaking a new build past on the western flanks, or perhaps the western rear. 8P

• Like 1

Unity 5 was released today. I doubt they switch versions, but there's def some nice changes in it that they could've benefited from like improved animation, better lighting, and very helpful audio mixing tool which gives the much requested individual adjustments for fx ambient sounds and music.

Maybe Eternity 2.  I can't see them trying to port to a new version of Unity this late in the game.

Well, Inxile is going to port Wasteland 2 to Unity 5 and update their graphics. Maybe Obsidian will do the same if PoE is successfull and the reason inxile is doing it isn't entirely related to the xbox1 port.

They could probably do it for a patch like inXile did. It's a bit close to release now. That could also open up modding possibilities.

I'd also like them to investigate moving away from NGUI and to the Unity UI system - it would be so much better for productivity.

I'm actually a little bit worried because if they're already leaving to go to PAX now (Adam tweeted it), then there probably won't be a BB this week and next week is just shy of under two weeks to go. I'll be quite pissed off if we don't get to at least play one build with properly functioning attributes among other things, plus I've probably got at least another 100 bug reports in me  :wowey:

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 4

They could probably do it for a patch like inXile did. It's a bit close to release now. That could also open up modding possibilities.

I'd also like them to investigate moving away from NGUI and to the Unity UI system - it would be so much better for productivity.

I'm actually a little bit worried because if they're already leaving to go to PAX now (Adam tweeted it), then there probably won't be a BB this week and next week is just shy of under two weeks to go. I'll be quite pissed off if we don't get to at least play one build with properly functioning attributes among other things, plus I've probably got at least another 100 bug reports in me  :wowey:

Deal with it - the game's ruleset will be improvised by a caffeine-stoned Josh half an hour before the release is pushed to Steam :lol:

• Like 2

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

but öhm din't BAndler say last week patch for this week?

He said maybe. They need to fix the BB and it's not a priority because the BB isn't what needs to be released in 3 week to everyone.

I personally don't mind another BB if it means less bug in the real game.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Another BB would be appreciated but at this point it will be just a tool to avoid the wait.

(a part for Sensuki who'll find new bugs to fix, but he's not human anyway)

Edited by Mazisky
  • Like 1

Well, Inxile is going to port Wasteland 2 to Unity 5 and update their graphics. Maybe Obsidian will do the same if PoE is successfull and the reason inxile is doing it isn't entirely related to the xbox1 port.

i've not followed their dev cycle, do you know where they mentioned that?

Also, it looks like Obsidian's scheduled for a Saturday Afternoon presentation 4:30-5:30 EST for Pax East, so kinda weird they're there so early since it looks like they left yesterday. So it def doesn't look like we'll be getting another update before then. Although, they had plenty of stuff to work on to fix beforehand either way.

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade

Also, it looks like Obsidian's scheduled for a Saturday Afternoon presentation 4:30-5:30 EST for Pax East, so kinda weird they're there so early since it looks like they left yesterday. So it def doesn't look like we'll be getting another update before then. Although, they had plenty of stuff to work on to fix beforehand either way.

Crap >_<. Well I guess I'll stop watching the updates then.

The current backer beta does feel like it needs one more solid balancing pass to get everything locked down. But maybe they're doing that behind the scenes anyway.

Doesn't look like it will be this week anyway, probably gonna get a "sorry next week reply" later today I suppose?

I may be wrong though.

You aren't wrong. Sorry next week reply.

We are holding off because some changes we made to the base game (streaming of VO) ended up causing serious problems in the Backer Beta. We are fixing them (and it might be good for tomorrow), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

hm i dont see a maybe ;)

No don't get me wrong but with changes to the base system and the corrupt attributes and interrupt in last build, i just thought that it's in their best interesst to deliver one last BB and not 1 or 2 Weeks bevor release, as time for bug removal runs out...

and well, an untested "gold"-build going live, with tons of mini-bugs can't be in their interest and will result in major worse Gametestresults in all the different gamemagazins/portals

• Like 1

Really, these last weeks of finding/fixing bugs make me think about this music, haha

I hope there will be another BB to show the progress you guys (devs and beta testers) made. Also I hope it won't end up like Total War Rome 2 which had a great potential, unfortunately wasted by massive amount of game-breaking bugs and even now, after having most of them finished this game has 3/10, 2/5 scores on most of gaming portals.

It was mentioned in their latest? Wasteland 2 update and on some news sites together with the xbox1 port.

From the latest Wasteland 2 KS update:

In pursuit of this goal, one task we're working on right now is migrating the Wasteland 2 codebase from the Unity 4.5 engine to Unity 5, which will enable some new possibilities for us. A major benefit of moving to Unity 5 is that 5 will include many of the tools from Unity 4.x Pro. We relied on many of these tools during our development (like creating and building navigation meshes), and they will be available to modders without having to pay thousands of dollars for a Pro Unity license. There is no doubt that this migration will allow us to release better tools for modding to our community in the future.

Make sure to leave the update before leaving for PAX, please. GL to survive 'till 26-th, guys, the game is turning out awesome.

• Like 2

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance