Update on the Update

BAdler

I hope the final release will be as bug free as possible. Gametesters from German Magazines Gamestar and PCGames will not tolerate too much bugs or plotstoppers.

And they will not tolerate a bad translation / localization into German.

This will result in a low rating. (Just take a look at the Rating of Wasteland 2 -which is quite a good game but had a staggering start in Germany).

I guess (I am sure) a rating below 80% will keep off a lot of potential gamers wo liked to play BG and IWD and so on.

Germany is maybe the biggest market after US and UK (and all other countries with English as a first language).

• Like 1

By the way: Any news regarding a new BB? I thought this would be today... but maybe we will get an update by the end of THIS week?

Currently (as of this post) it's only 8 AM here on the west coast, so the Obs guys are probably just starting to file into work. Give it a couple more hours.

At this point I'm pretty sure the final build has to go to gold master in about 2-3 weeks max. I think it would be counter productive to release a bb a week before they ship, so I suspect it'll be out maybe today or next week early. Actually, I forgot I think they elected to not ship the disks in time, so it could go out maybe a week prior. Usually the press gets it in a couple weeks prior to review it, and sometimes they don't get it early enough so reviews don't come out in time. From everything I've heard it sounds like they'll need at least a week to play it for review.

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade

At this point I'm pretty sure the final build has to go to gold master in about 2-3 weeks max. I think it would be counter productive to release a bb a week before they ship, so I suspect it'll be out maybe today or next week early. Actually, I forgot I think they elected to not ship the disks in time, so it could go out maybe a week prior. Usually the press gets it in a couple weeks prior to review it, and sometimes they don't get it early enough so reviews don't come out in time. From everything I've heard it sounds like they'll need at least a week to play it for review.

I think there will be also a day one patch, so it could be quite productive to release a bb one week or ten days before shipment. 

Day one patch is most important before game testing magazines will start their game testing on PoE to have as less bugs as possible to get a "best possible rating" for PoE.

There's no need to apologize for anything, though. They said they'd try to push another update but nothing was ever confirmed.

I am happy if they can push the update as much as possible.

Edited by Labadal

Doesn't look like it will be this week anyway, probably gonna get a "sorry next week reply" later today I suppose?

I may be wrong though.

You aren't wrong. Sorry next week reply.

We are holding off because some changes we made to the base game (streaming of VO) ended up causing serious problems in the Backer Beta. We are fixing them (and it might be good for tomorrow), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 5

No problemo.

I still have some v435 testing to do anyway.

:)

*Insert comic of Dr. Sensuki leading anthropomorphic 1's and 0's into his exam room, and tapping their knee joints with his little hammer to check their nerve reflexes*

Today we salute you, Mr. Extensive Eternity Beta Testing Modder Guy...

Mister Extennnsive Eternity Beta Tes-ting MODDD-ERRR GUYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

That's Sansuki.

I've still got a bunch of miscellaneous things to investigate from my v435 notepad - such as extra weapon sets sometimes not saving, and a few other things.

Edited by Sensuki

Maybe they could add a statue or something like that in the graveyard where all the gravestones with Backer's texts are.

Sensuki's efforts during the Beta period should be acknowledged in-game.

Edited by Garm