Update on the Update

BAdler

CONSTANT VIGILANCE! :)

Thank you for all your hard work, you Dili-Gents, you. ^_^

(Seriously, even though I type everything in a silly fashion... it's sincere silliness.)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Such dedication, perseverance. Thank you. Please go home before 8:30pm so you have time to make a burrito and watch Agent Carter. 

leferd claims tuesday is for tacos. just saying.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Current version has been out for just over two weeks. Obsidian's turn around is usually 3-4 weeks. So it's probably at least a week out, if there's a final BB. Josh is also in Europe, so I don't think any tuning is being done atm.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

This was posted on the Codex today

Sorry I haven't posted here lately. A few things:
  • I am going to propose that either Tim or Josh run through the game. Not sure if it will fly, but we are having our PAX East meeting on Monday. We will talk about it then. It can be tough for the presenter to play and talk at the same time, but Josh is pretty decent at it.

• I have a bunch of feedback from you guys and from the Obsidian forum. I am sending it out to the crew now and we will talk about it on Monday. We should be able to show off some stuff that you guys are requesting.

• About Dyrford Crossing having bad nav and selection going on... we found a pretty serious issue with the area. For some reason the area was rotated incorrectly. This makes it have tons of problems with selection and movement. Sean is fixing it right now and hopefully it will be good for the next backer beta (looking to deliver that sometime next week).
Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 4

just curious if it is trackable, how many bug's to date have been found and squashed since the BB started?

would be cool to know. Also, would be cool if ever theres a game, and beta player can race to see who gets official recognition for finding and posting the most bugs, this would probably launch many players into beta-test mode and help out alot. Maybe even offer a credits thanks to the top contenders or something.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

just curious if it is trackable, how many bug's to date have been found and squashed since the BB started?

would be cool to know. Also, would be cool if ever theres a game, and beta player can race to see who gets official recognition for finding and posting the most bugs, this would probably launch many players into beta-test mode and help out alot. Maybe even offer a credits thanks to the top contenders or something.

I expect Sensuki has too much of a lead on anyone else already, so perhaps the race for second place might have to do.  :biggrin: 

Sometimes, I think Sensuki's got more playtime in the beta than the internal QA team does, :).

Seriously, that's admirable. Frightening, but admirable.

• Like 6

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

You certainly can't deny his efforts. It's clear he's passionate about these types of games, and I'd hate to see what came out had he not been a bug submitting fool. That first release for the beta was a cluster mess. I wouldn't have even considered releasing it to us at that stage. At least thing's are coming along better now. I'm very curious to see what's come together in between the current version and this next one coming out, and then the final one a few weeks from now. I hope they squash a bunch of the bugs!

• Like 1