Update on the Update

BAdler

http://www.ask8ball.net/

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm ready for a new build. Today, right? PLEASE  :w00t:

bad news. magic 8-ball offered this response: 

My reply is no

oh well. perhaps tomorrow.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Not a beta backer, but if BAdler is reading this it might be helpful on this last release to know what can still be changed at this point?  I'm assuming all mechanics, skills, spells, talents will be final, barring simple balance tweaks.  Should people bother continuing with balance or feel threads or is it going to be strictly bug reporting?

• Like 6

I would prefer that it be as fixed as possible and released towards the end of the week than to have it released simply as a hush puppy for the backers.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Fool me once...

I'm not sure I'd call the mere observation of a possibility that happens to not come to fruition, "fooling." 8S

• Like 5

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

well, "afternoon" ends in an hour, so w/o an update by 6pm pacific, that would constitute a fail, if only a minor one. perhaps he references the multiple assurances o' a 2014 release? is not stated as such, but that would be a valid previous case o' fooling for some. (no fooling Gromnir btw as we had always predicted late march or early 2015 release... pj has been much quiet on that issue.) also, arguably, "early this week" is ending today as well, so perhaps that is what he meant. even if we stretch so that there is only an early week and late week with no mid, developers got a limited time tomorrow to get new build released without having missed their own announced projected release.  regardless, is various ways in which quad might justifiably argue that he were fooled into believing earlier obsidian predictions and projections.

HA! Good Fun!

ps to clarify, we don't mind obsidian missing projected release dates. as a person who has followed game developments for decades, we largely ignore announced projected releases o' anything game related. the real foolishness is in not mentally adding a half dozen qualifiers into any obsidian release date estimate.  the way we actual read prediction from obsidian regarding the final beta build:

the final beta might possibly be released early or mid or even late this week if everything goes well...

Edited by Gromnir

I am uploading the backer betas to Steam right now. Just need to do some last minute testing, but everything seemed okay in our initial tests. Hopefully will be up within the hour.

EDIT: What Adam said.

• Like 9