Update on the Update

BAdler

Sounds like the Obsidian people have their hands full at the moment, and I cannot blame them if we have to wait until next week for the next Backer Beta update.

I admit I am feeling quite itchy to experience the progress that has been made since the last version, though.

Keep up the great work, devs!   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hey, folks. Not going to put out the update this week. Too much stuff trying to finalize the PAX demo we are going to be streaming with our panel. Sorry about getting your hopes up.

That said, make sure you check out the panel on Saturday at 12:30. We are going to show off a few areas that you haven't seen before and then do a question and answer session. I think the stream is being shown on the front page of the PAX South site and on the front page of Twitch.

• Like 1

Hey, folks. Not going to put out the update this week. Too much stuff trying to finalize the PAX demo we are going to be streaming with our panel. Sorry about getting your hopes up.

That said, make sure you check out the panel on Saturday at 12:30. We are going to show off a few areas that you haven't seen before and then do a question and answer session. I think the stream is being shown on the front page of the PAX South site and on the front page of Twitch.

See, this is the kind of stuff you need to advertise on your front page. This is a good moment to let people know that you will actually show off the game. I love Obsidian, but it drives me crazy when you don't put stuff like this up on the front page. Not because I will miss it, because I read enough of the forum to not miss stuff like this. But for someone that might have an interest in the game, it is a missed opportunity for you guys to not put it there.

For instance, we have a post on the front page about KOTOR II being on GOG.

• Like 3

After this next patch, are we going to be getting another BB version so we can contribute feedback/bug reports for the Day 0 patch ?

This will probably be the last backer beta that we do. Not sure how long we will keep everything open, though. We still need to talk about the particulars.

• Like 1

After the last backer beta update is rolled out, are there still going to be updates on the game's goings-on? You know, to keep our inquiring minds fed about bugs that get fixed, optimizations that get done, portraits that get added... ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

After this next patch, are we going to be getting another BB version so we can contribute feedback/bug reports for the Day 0 patch ?

This will probably be the last backer beta that we do. Not sure how long we will keep everything open, though. We still need to talk about the particulars.

No chance of a "release candidate" BB build late February/early March?

t50aJUd.jpg

That makes total sense given the time constraints and release date.

Actually i thing a month before game going gold we the people that have backers beta should get the real version beta of the game so we can check it for bugs or anything that should be fixed i know that that what all that the Obsidian team doing but it never too many people to help make game better.

Actually i thing a month before game going gold we the people that have backers beta should get the real version beta of the game so we can check it for bugs or anything that should be fixed i know that that what all that the Obsidian team doing but it never too many people to help make game better.

I think that Obsidian has their own staff doing beta testing as well.  A full version release to this community would not serve any purpose other than a 'pre-release' of the whole game, which is unfair the those who backed it at non-beta testing levels.

I dunno man, some of us find a fair few bugs that the devs themselves don't find (at least, to my knowledge anyway).

They probably have pretty tight schedules to follow ... we on the other hand can, if we so choose, go through everything with a fine-toothed comb at our own pace and will.

Organizing a build for that may not be worth doing though if the programmers already have full plates right up until release.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 5

I would totally beta test a full release of the game. Would even take some time off work for that.

But I don't believe this is remotely in the cards.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

More than anything, we appreciate the update - on the update.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

Well since there's only going to be one more, I wonder if they'll push it another week or two?

That makes sense to me.    Get as many bug fixes and balancing into it as possible.

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Hey, everyone. No update this week.

We have been in the middle of doing some build deliveries to Paradox so our team focus was on delivering those builds. I spoke with Adam and we both agreed that we want to get a beta out (on all three platforms) early next week.

On the plus side, we have been doing lots of optimizations over this past week. Memory usage should be significantly lower when we give the beta to you guys.

• Like 16