Update on the Update

BAdler

At some point in the next month or so they're going to have to try and get a stable gold master build ready for the Physical editions so it can be mastered to the DVD's (unless the physical edition is a box with a card containing a download code :) ). It will be interesting to see if the beta continues when they get to that point and it's likely to disrupt there regular schedule a fair bit.

Edited by aeonsim

Well if they are intending to make the release date, they may be doing it sooner rather than later.

Yes, I'd suspect they'rd want it by the end of Jan, so they could be doing it now or in the middle of crunch time for hunting down as many blocking bugs as possible.

Disappointed by no new patch but don't blame them in the slightest. They are on the home straight of sorts and I'm sure there is a significant amount of work to be done at this stage, external to development as well. I foresee this being my favourite game of all time possibly!

• Like 1

Well there is still today, but BAdler usually lets us known 1-2 days in advance whether there is going to be a patch or not. He only said maybe/wasn't confident about it, which usually ends up being next week.

Hopefully they'll let us know what's up by the end of the day, but I assume PAX and going gold might be higher priorities this week.