Update on the Update

BAdler

I must say it's awesome. I normally don't repeat myself. But I have to say, AWESOME build ... Love all the small improvements, and the big ones too- Awesome - Why am I repeating myself?? I just have to  :aiee:

Awesome. Thank you so much guys :D

Awesome  :biggrin:

UFWDJRj.jpg

Mac build should now be live.

We aren't going to upgrade Unity until after the break (January 5th). Linux build will go up right after we upgrade.

Looking forward very much to the Linux build. 

Upgraded to the new mac build last night and it hung on me after creating my first character, when it was starting to load the actual game.   Not a super good sign.  I'll try playing with it more today...

• 3 weeks later...

Strange thing. As poedevtracker.net shows, there was no devs activity here at the forum since 23.12 (I know that they had a christmas break but since 05.01.15 the probably should be back?)

Waiting for some great, fresh news.  :biggrin:

They were due back at work on Jan. 5th.  That doesn't mean they will have any for us right away.  I am hoping they will start replying at least to bug reports next wee but that is just a hope.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Oops. I meant I think It doesn't show posts from the bug forums.

You can change that if you want. On the top right corner of poedevtracker.net there's a cog icon for options that lets you tick "Show posts from the "Backer Beta Bugs and Support" forum".

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I wish to have an update too, there hasn't been one since November. Last year in the summer, we were getting updates every week sometimes and mostly every two weeks. It was these updates that got me excited, and checking them constantly even made me tell my co-workers about the game and got them interested in it too. Its like the team doesn't care at this point or something.

However, some publicity stunts seem to always be preceded by quietness and watching the masses have emotional reactions to express their disappointment. I ****ing hate having no update week after week. makes me wonder what the hell they are doing with our money we gave them for funding. never mind they stopped showing us how much they have raised, but clearly they are still receiving money. I wonder if we hit 4 Million yet. Torment is almost at 5 Million  and they too have been incredibly quiet about updates for some odd reason.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

You can change that if you want. On the top right corner of poedevtracker.net there's a cog icon for options that lets you tick "Show posts from the "Backer Beta Bugs and Support" forum".

Yup, I've ticked the checkbox temporarily to make sure there was some recent activity this month, and there is.

You can also see that they resumed working if you check Adam's or Josh's twitter feeds. For example 3 days ago they fixed some Linux asset problems thanks to the Unity update.

Edited by Rumsteak

I wish to have an update too, there hasn't been one since November. Last year in the summer, we were getting updates every week sometimes and mostly every two weeks. It was these updates that got me excited, and checking them constantly even made me tell my co-workers about the game and got them interested in it too. Its like the team doesn't care at this point or something.

However, some publicity stunts seem to always be preceded by quietness and watching the masses have emotional reactions to express their disappointment. I ****ing hate having no update week after week. makes me wonder what the hell they are doing with our money we gave them for funding. never mind they stopped showing us how much they have raised, but clearly they are still receiving money. I wonder if we hit 4 Million yet. Torment is almost at 5 Million  and they too have been incredibly quiet about updates for some odd reason.

What exactly are you expecting? They're working on the beta - the beta updates already serve as updates. Nothing else new can really be provided with an update to the kickstarter at this point because they're basically working on setting mechanics into stone, tweaking things here and there, and making sure things work correctly.

what do you want? a developer bio update? Artwork (most of it is already in the beta)? Music - you can hear a bit of it there. Most other things not covered in the beta update would be spoilers.

They could start giving more complete change logs as updates I ugess, but I'd hope they start doing that when they're closer to release.

I'd rather they not waste too much time with backer updates if they don't have anything substantial to offer. At this point giving us more beta updates would be preferred.

Dev commentary has died a little, but if we just get more beta updates then we'd know whether they're listening to feedback or not. The most recent beta update shows that they've been taking UI more seriously and they've made some very good changes. I really like the way the UI is heading.

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

from update 82

Update Schedule

Hey, everyone. Brandon here. With production moving into the finalization phase for Eternity, the team and I are hunkering down to finish up the game over the next few months. Going forward, we will be spacing out our backer updates a bit more from now until the project ships. They’ll come a bit less predictably, but you can still expect updates as we have big announcements or special news for you. This will really help us focus as much of our efforts into putting out the best game we possibly can for everyone.

In our next big update, we will discuss the upcoming Backer Beta in more detail as well as what it will entail and how to redeem your copy.

Speaking of the Backer Beta...

I'm not saying everyone shouldn't get an update. The reality is, though, that there isn't really anything to update at this point. Players without the backer beta can still follow along by watching the let's plays, giving input on the discussions, etc.

Again I do think a more robust beta update (with specifics on changes made) would also be beneficial to everyone, including non-beta backers.

• Like 5

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I will talk to folks here about doing another update soon. Probably won't be until next week, though. The programming crew are doing some important save/load fixes. Hopefully, this will be the last big batch of changes to that system and it should be much more stable.

• Like 9

auto-slaves

Those are called servitors.

I will talk to folks here about doing another update soon. Probably won't be until next week, though. The programming crew are doing some important save/load fixes. Hopefully, this will be the last big batch of changes to that system and it should be much more stable.

Even if it's more or less an update with just "Alright, nothing's happened, today Josh spilled spaghetti everywhere." it's appreciated. I think we can all logically understand that of course you people are working, but I think there's this part of most humans that just nag that if you don't hear anything, nothing's happening.
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

What about individual quick and auto slaves per character slot ?

auto-slaves lol ... auto saves.

How would that even work?

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell