Update on the Update

BAdler

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Win build passed QA. There are still a couple of issues that I normally would want to hold on, but I think it is good enough to hand off. Last step is for me to check the build on Steam to make sure that nothing breaks during the upload process. I am downloading the build pretty slowly right now, but I will keep you guys informed when I am able to put it live.

7drHiqr.gif

Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 3

Calibrating...

During the Kickstarter I and my friends had a good laugh when we saw the release goal date of April 2014.  We were convinced way back then it would never happen.  Especially with the things that backers persuaded the devs to add in.  "Give us a player house, a stronghold, a dungeon that goes on forever, expand this, etc, etc"

I expected and appreciate the delay and believe the devs made the right choice.

Happy holidays to all.

added: Badler, I hope Santa stuffs your stocking so full it overflows. :)

Edited by Nakia
  • Like 2

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Um, is it just me?

Steam won't even start PoE anymore. Constantly looping while preparing to start.

Already restarted Steam and verified the data.

EDIT: It's late now, will try a reinstall tomorrow.

Edited by Quadrone

Um, is it just me?

Steam won't even start PoE anymore. Constantly looping while preparing to start.

If anyone else sees this, let me know. Everything worked fine for me when I downloaded it from Steam.

Um, is it just me?

If anyone else sees this, let me know. Everything worked fine for me when I downloaded it from Steam.

Works for me here.  All I did was enter character creation and exit, but it loads fine.

Windows 8.1, 64-Bit

I have the Mac build up too, but for some reason it is going to take about 6 hours for me to download the Mac build from Steam. I need to download it on one of our machines to validate that it is working. I won't be able to push it live until tomorrow morning.

Just want to thank you Brandon Adler for being so active and answering all the questions here.

(really big annoying font) Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. (/font)

Oh and merry xmas too, to all of you :)

• Like 1

UFWDJRj.jpg

thanks for your new release :D

Any news on the morning OS X release? ;) and just out of curiosity, how s the status on linux side? Did the change of Unity version bring the change we (all) hoped for?

Greez and merry Christmas to all of you

• Like 1

Hey Brandon, I'm wondering about the classification of the talents a bit - class, offensive, defensive and generalist is an odd way to sort them IMO. For example, all the talents involving weapons are in the offensive category, except two-handed because it gives a deflection bonus. When I want to build a character, I generally think about it not in terms of the categories presented in the game, but the following ones:

- Equipment (Styles, Proficiencies, maybe armor at some point?; basically my configuration)

- Passive, Situational (Stuff like the elemental DR, Damage Bonus against enemy types; basically the enemies configuration)

- Passive, general (Stuff like bonus to the various Defenses, engagement; basically influencing core mechanics to my favour)

- Modal (I'll probably just want to pick one or two from these and otherwise not look at the list again)

- Daily (I think there is some psychological aversion to invest into this stuff by some people/some people want more active characters; it basically helps to filter)

- Class

It's two categories more, but I think it's way easier to find stuff you're looking for when building a character, especially if you expect each of these categories to grow over more installments of PoE. I don't expect you to use my proposed categories, but I think it would be easier to navigate if there were more categories / they were sorted differently. Maybe you'd like to discuss that with the team.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 2

Hey Brandon, I'm wondering about the classification of the talents a bit - class, offensive, defensive and generalist is an odd way to sort them IMO. For example, all the talents involving weapons are in the offensive category, except two-handed because it gives a deflection bonus. When I want to build a character, I generally think about it not in terms of the categories presented in the game, but the following ones:

- Equipment (Styles, Proficiencies, maybe armor at some point?; basically my configuration)

- Passive, Situational (Stuff like the elemental DR, Damage Bonus against enemy types; basically the enemies configuration)

- Passive, general (Stuff like bonus to the various Defenses, engagement; basically influencing core mechanics to my favour)

- Modal (I'll probably just want to pick one or two from these and otherwise not look at the list again)

- Daily (I think there is some psychological aversion to invest into this stuff by some people/some people want more active characters; it basically helps to filter)

- Class

It's two categories more, but I think it's way easier to find stuff you're looking for when building a character, especially if you expect each of these categories to grow over more installments of PoE. I don't expect you to use my proposed categories, but I think it would be easier to navigate if there were more categories / they were sorted differently. Maybe you'd like to discuss that with the team.

Thanks for the feedback. I will discuss your suggestion with the development team.

• Like 1