Update on the Update

BAdler

Last time I tried the backer beta was when it was first released to us lol. Now I'm anxious to try it out with all the patches since. I hope the UI is cleaned up and that the Monk isn't a piece of crap class because I plan to play Monk in my first playthrough when the game comes out.

Calibrating...

Last time I tried the backer beta was when it was first released to us lol. Now I'm anxious to try it out with all the patches since. I hope the UI is cleaned up and that the Monk isn't a piece of crap class because I plan to play Monk in my first playthrough when the game comes out.

The monk causes people to explode in bloody pieces by punching them 2-3 times max laughing.gif In v364 at least.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

It sounds like they aren't repackaging the whole build every time they make any change ever. It's just that, on the days when they're expecting to get a fresh build out for "delivery" for us, and they run into a snag, they can't quickly fix the snag and just toss the fix into the build, because the snag was already packaged in that build.

So, the lengthy process isn't for "Every time we need to make a change." I think it's just for "packaging" the whole new build for distribution. *shrug*

I realize how noobish I am, btw, at all this knowledge. I could actually be completely mistaken, and an idiot.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news everyone. We can't push the build out. We are noticing that some NPCs are not being killed.

Unfortunately, next week is pretty dodgy since many people will be on break in and around Christmas. I wouldn't expect that a new backer beta build will come out until the week after Christmas.

Apologies, guys. I know how excited you are for a new build, but I want to make sure that we don't put out a backer beta with a major bug if we can avoid it.

We will still try to get something out on Monday or Tuesday, but it may not be doable.

Thank you for the effort but it is better to put out a good build later than a not so good one now.  I'm disappointed as it would have been nice to have it for the holiday but I understand.  Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.  Get some rest over the Christmas break and come back refreshed and raring to go.  

• Like 2

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

We will still try to get something out on Monday or Tuesday, but it may not be doable.

Please do your best to get something out early next week. I would imagine that there are many backers like me, who use the holiday season as an opportunity to get caught up on the state of the game. Considering the number of changes made to the game per the recent Developer comments, this would be a great opportunity for backers to get a fairly clear picture of the game as it stands.

Edited by curryinahurry
  • Like 1

No worries. Maybe it'll cooperate enough for a new build before the new year?

*gasp* What if you release a new build AT midnight on New Year's Eve?! 8D! We'll have to find something spiffy to drop. Maybe a rucksack? No... Hmmm... A space piglet? *shrug*

Also... have you guys tried utilizing a montage to speed up the process? :)

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I've got to say, this window into the development process has been interesting. It gives me a whole new understanding of how bugs and bug fixing works. Seeing you struggle with a massive number of new bugs after each build change gives me more appreciation for the few really well polished games that have been made. I guess the real fine tuning only begins when the final build has been settled on and the only changes that are being made are bug removal changes.

• Like 4

Also... have you guys tried utilizing a montage to speed up the process? :)

I now demand that the 'making of' video include a montage (with appropriate power-chords in the background) :dancing:

(even though I'm not getting said video)

(nor am I in the beta so this discussion has little to do with me but still hoping the devs have a good break over Christmas and come back ready for the final big push)

(I nearly said 'the final countdown' but then I realised I'd alreafdy mentioned power-chords)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

"... it may not be doable..."

That really sounds like you already know that there will not be a new beta build for the X-Mas Holidays.

I can't help but feel a little bit disappointed.

A new backer build would be an easy "X-Mas present" for all the backers with having mostly one or two weeks off.

Anyway: A nice and relaxing X-Mas to all of you.