Update on the Update

BAdler

Any hints when the next update or at lest progress update is expected? 

The first assumption was 1 update/week but it turned out to be 1 update/month.I believe the devs should inform us more often about current amendments :(

They haven't even started work yet. We haven't heard anything to the contrary so far, so I'd say it's a good sign. Won't be around for a few days myself though, so will only probably have a couple hours tonight to put into it.

Personally I'd prefer if they hold on for another week but add more to the update, because the next one will probably not be up until mid-January anyway. Of course they know better than me about that. Also, a really complete list of changes would be really helpful. I avoid bringing up other companies' names but look at how Paradox do it.

Edited by Gairnulf
  • Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Odd that there was no confirmation of delay, but it looks like it'll be delayed. I personally thought it would be end of next week instead of this week, not concerned about whether it is or not.

Edited by Sensuki

Yeah, it's not going to happen this week folks. We keep running into a recurring save/load issue, which means the current build won't be productive for Backer testing. I apologize for getting your hopes up - I'll be working on getting it resolved, and hopefully early next week we can look at putting a new build up. 

• Like 1

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Yeah, it's not going to happen this week folks. We keep running into a recurring save/load issue, which means the current build won't be productive for Backer testing. I apologize for getting your hopes up - I'll be working on getting it resolved, and hopefully early next week we can look at putting a new build up.

That sucks Adam - I'm really sorry to hear that. It seems like your save/load system has been consistently giving you problems with every beta update - is it worth looking into further and figuring out once and for all what the underlying issue is?

I imagine it's more complicated than you can explain - but maybe a systemic issue needs a systemic response? Anyway, we appreciate all the hard work.

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Thank you, Adam, for the update on the update.   Best wishes to your programmers may the resolve the problem quickly and easily.  I look forward to playing the new update.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

So we can't save/load... just means we need to man up and test in a more hardcore, all-in-one-playthrough fashion. Wanna duplicate that bug that was 3 hours in? TIME FOR ANOTHER 3-HOURS OF PLAY!

:)

Seriously though... sorry it's being troublesome, and thank you for your diligence in the war on trouble.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u