Update on the Update

BAdler

I feel like they're probably doing the right thing pushing it back and getting it sorted before they release the new version. Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited for this game as everyone else here. But, having said that, I'm patient enough to wait till they get what they want to do done, and I'm sure that the experience of playing the game will be better for the delay.

Obsidian and releasing buggy games go hand in hand :lol:  I'm curious to know how many folks are beta testing this sucker now. Surely they're getting invaluable feedback from anything they've put out before. I hope this next patch has a bunch of the vo work done in it. Finger's crossed it's not the same guy doing all the voices trying to sound like he's not the same guy doing all the voices, if you catch my drift.  :shifty:

It looks like we will have an update for you today! Rejoice!!

Oh drat... I forgot to joice today! Oh well. I'll just have to save my re-joicing for later. 6_u

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

QA is doing the final parts of their checks. There are a few wonky issues that have crept in, but nothing too horrible. Once I get the okay from QA I will toss everything up for you guys. I still need to compile the patch notes (I have been out of the office since late last week), so those will likely come later on tonight.

We are also hoping to put up a new Mac beta build. We are currently running through it to see if it is feasible.

• Like 2

QA is doing the final parts of their checks. There are a few wonky issues that have crept in, but nothing too horrible. Once I get the okay from QA I will toss everything up for you guys. I still need to compile the patch notes (I have been out of the office since late last week), so those will likely come later on tonight.

We are also hoping to put up a new Mac beta build. We are currently running through it to see if it is feasible.

And the kickstarter update from last wed ???

We have an update that we are holding off on posting until the beta goes live. Once the beta goes live the update should go out that day (today or tomorrow) or the next.

• Like 2

We have an update that we are holding off on posting until the beta goes live. Once the beta goes live the update should go out that day (today or tomorrow) or the next.

Thought as much, hope this one has loads of info, as its been quiet lately, but I understand you are working on the game.

Thought as much, hope this one has loads of info, as its been quiet lately, but I understand you are working on the game.

It isn't a huge update, but it definitely has some really cool tidbits for you guys.

• Like 2

Sorry, guys. Not happening tonight. There were a few really strange issues that we didn't want to release in the beta. We just finished building out a new build but there isn't enough time to run a full QA cycle tonight. Good news is that we can probably release pretty early tomorrow if the fixes worked.