Update on the Update

BAdler

Last time probably could have used an extra day or two to fix some silly bugs. No need to make the same mistake this time either.

Eh, but they already got an entire week extra.

The original plan was to release a patch last week which got postponed.

Last time probably could have used an extra day or two to fix some silly bugs. No need to make the same mistake this time either.

It's better to postpone something three times than to release a buggy version. I know, it's a beta, it's expected to be buggy, but after 3 months it would be nice to get to testing a build without gamebreaking bugs.

It's better to postpone something three times than to release a buggy version. I know, it's a beta, it's expected to be buggy, but after 3 months it would be nice to get to testing a build without gamebreaking bugs.

Just like the first post, this line of thought already assumes that a) this Patch has such bugs and b) that these would be easily preventable with a couple days extra.

Not to mention that if it's always okay to take some more time, then where does it stop? And which bugs are the unacceptable ones that shouldn't reach the public? As long as PoE hasn't reached the release candidate stage there will always be some optimisation to be done, some bug to be squashed or a new feature to be implemented just some mere days away.

v333 was the buggiest patch since v257 IMO. That's why. I reported 65 bugs/issues this patch alone - they probably knew about a lot of or most of them, but the majority were new to v333 bugs.

The double click bug was annoying, I had to delete it from the game code just to play properly.

Edited by Sensuki

QA ran through the build this morning. It was pretty good, but there was an odd problem with quitting out to the main screen. I asked programming to fix it and we just finished rebuilding. QA is going to do another few runs. If everything checks out I will toss up a new build before I head out for the night.

As for Linux and Mac... unfortunately no update. We have diverted almost all of our programming resources back to cleaning up the base game that is used on all platforms. The Linux problem is a bug with Unity that likely won't be fixed for a while, so we are going to have to rework how resources are handled on Linux. It is not a trivial task and will take a good amount of programming time to complete. For Mac, we are still investigating the problems we are seeing, but like I mentioned before the base game is a higher priority right now. I will let everyone know when that changes.

• Like 14

For Mac, we are still investigating the problems we are seeing, but like I mentioned before the base game is a higher priority right now. I will let everyone know when that changes.

Makes sense.   Will you be posting a new mac build with the base game improvements in it, even if it doesn't fix any of the mac specific issues?

For Mac, we are still investigating the problems we are seeing, but like I mentioned before the base game is a higher priority right now. I will let everyone know when that changes.

Makes sense.   Will you be posting a new mac build with the base game improvements in it, even if it doesn't fix any of the mac specific issues?

The fix didn't take so we are currently rebuilding the Windows build. If that works, we might still be able to get the build up tonight.

Mac build probably won't go up until we can solve the problem with Yosemite. Good news is that we were able to pull another programming resource that is not on Eternity to look into the Mac problems. Hopefully we can figure out the issue and get you guys a new build soon.

I realy hope the new build will be with less bugs than 333 is. 

After this new build to come soon: Will there be a last new build for this year in December?

If so, please make this a real enjoyable one, so it will be a lot of fun playing and testing this

during X-Mas vacation. :-)

Or maybe a new area to explore: this could be your X-Mas present to the backers.... LOL

As for Linux and Mac... unfortunately no update. We have diverted almost all of our programming resources back to cleaning up the base game that is used on all platforms. The Linux problem is a bug with Unity that likely won't be fixed for a while, so we are going to have to rework how resources are handled on Linux. It is not a trivial task and will take a good amount of programming time to complete.

That's disappointing, but thanks for the update.

QA ran through the build this morning. It was pretty good, but there was an odd problem with quitting out to the main screen. I asked programming to fix it and we just finished rebuilding. QA is going to do another few runs. If everything checks out I will toss up a new build before I head out for the night.

As for Linux and Mac... unfortunately no update. We have diverted almost all of our programming resources back to cleaning up the base game that is used on all platforms. The Linux problem is a bug with Unity that likely won't be fixed for a while, so we are going to have to rework how resources are handled on Linux. It is not a trivial task and will take a good amount of programming time to complete. For Mac, we are still investigating the problems we are seeing, but like I mentioned before the base game is a higher priority right now. I will let everyone know when that changes.

Sad, thanks for the update though. I still hope for a christmas present by you (namely the linux beta)  ;-).

I had that "can't exit the game" problem when last I played, but I couldn't really figure out any more useful info about it.

I had to kill the process, and I haven't gotten to play again since (this was... last Friday, or this Monday?)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I had that "can't exit the game" problem when last I played, but I couldn't really figure out any more useful info about it.I had to kill the process, and I haven't gotten to play again since (this was... last Friday, or this Monday?)

I wish they would just release it. Who wants to exit PoE anyway :lol:

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png