Update on the Update

BAdler

Speaking of Twitter, I find obsidian is not making an amazing job at promoting the game. 

They should be posting updates on there way more often. 

Not that I care hugely about social networks, but I really wish the game does well commercially. 

This makes me think the release date is still too far, and the marketing campaign hasn't started. I'm sure they'll get up to speed once there is a month or two left to release.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

No marketing campaign because of no marketing funds besides for the good trailers and a few interviews. Other than that, the Kickstarter money went into the development. The idea with Kickstarted games often is that the Kickstarter campaign itself as well as backers  later provide mouth-to-mouth propaganda automatically.

• Like 2

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Looks like the PE team decided to keep playing through this week

brutally murdered by wolves, skuldr, ivory spinners. #rip everyone on the #pillarsofeternity team.

gibbing ppl with a stiletto. lol every tyme. #pillarsofeternity

Err... how do you die to wolves?

No marketing campaign because of no marketing funds besides for the good trailers and a few interviews. Other than that, the Kickstarter money went into the development. The idea with Kickstarted games often is that the Kickstarter campaign itself as well as backers  later provide mouth-to-mouth propaganda automatically.

Of course there will be a marketing campaign. :lol:

eFoHp9V.png

Sorry if I'm spamming this, but it seems pretty important to me, and I'd rather spam you a little if that prevents someone from missing the news:

Paradox and Obsidian have also announced that this week they plan to reveal a wide array of never-before-seen game content via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, Project Director for Pillars of Eternity, alongside popular gaming personality Jesse Cox. The live stream will air Thursday, November 13 at 1pm PST (22.00 CET) on the official Paradox Interactive Twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Source: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/69317-press-release-pillars-of-eternity-now-available-for-pre-order-worldwide/?do=findComment&comment=1534363

eFoHp9V.png

Sorry if I'm spamming this, but it seems pretty important to me, and I'd rather spam you a little if that prevents someone from missing the news:

Paradox and Obsidian have also announced that this week they plan to reveal a wide array of never-before-seen game content via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, Project Director for Pillars of Eternity, alongside popular gaming personality Jesse Cox. The live stream will air Thursday, November 13 at 1pm PST (22.00 CET) on the official Paradox Interactive Twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Source: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/69317-press-release-pillars-of-eternity-now-available-for-pre-order-worldwide/?do=findComment&comment=1534363

I would have actually missed it otherwise, so thanks :)

• Like 1

✔ Certified Bat Food

I would be very interested to get a small summary of what comes out of your "play days". 

I think a lot of people would love to hear YOUR opinion on the current state of the game, what aspects you consider need the most work, and those that you are not likely to revisit until release. 

Emphasis mine. Agreed many times over though.

We don't need to be told what needs work, it's blatantly obvious while playing the beta.

No its not. We are playing a small slice of the game. They may be playing a wider array of content across a wider array of levels using varying bits of itemization, abilities, and so on. Their perspective is much much different from ours.

Week-end incoming... waiting for the update... :-)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

We don't need to be told what needs work, it's blatantly obvious while playing the beta.

You're entirely missing the point here Sensuki.

The devs might not necessarily WANT to change certain things despite the fact that YOU/WE might strongly disagree with them. And I think it's entirely fair. They're developing the game, they're calling the shots.

Now that does not mean that you, Sensuki, are not entitled to make suggestions and mods about whatever you want (I know you will anyway :p )

However, personally, I would rather like to give feedback were obsidian wants it, instead of wasting my time with suggestions that will not even be considered.

Edited by Quantics

How on earth do you think change in the world occurs in the first place? Do you think you need to ask someone else's permission ?

See: Recovery time pause while moving.

Edited by Sensuki

I would have actually missed it otherwise, so thanks :)

I missed the stream, but you can watch it on twitch since it auto-records:

Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/588467303  (~17min)

Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/588477048  (~2:00hr)

Some spoilers for sure but they do their best to skip the major ones.

Edited by Azureblaze

How on earth do you think change in the world occurs in the first place? Do you think you need to ask someone else's permission ?

See: Recovery time pause while moving.

I’d rather invest my time in feedback that’s actually going to be taken into account, rather than going on ideological crusades about aspects of the game which are already set in stone in the devs' mind.

I appreciate you don't function that way. You have very strong opinions about RPGs, and currently lots of time on your hands to voice them. 

It's not my case. I'm only a casual player, and I am happy to contribute where I've been asked to. 

But to be honest, I don't even know what we're arguing about. Even you said you would adapt your suggestions based on JS's feedback, didn't you?

Just giving you guys a heads-up, we will try to put an update out some time next week. Not sure on the day yet, but we will probably shoot for Wednesday.

That's great!  Will you be updating Mac at the same time?   I've been trying to play a bit - but it hangs so often it's hard to get very far.

Any targets yet for a linux beta?

• Like 1