POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

^ Marvelous.

no, what's marvelous is the wonders that Sensuki and Bester are already doing with the game. I just wish they'd share their knowledge with us... and that the developers like the principle so much they decide to give us proper modding tools :p

In-Development: Turn-Based cRPG, late backing OPEN!

realms_beyond_logo_360x90px_transparent_

I hope they do too.  No matter how good the game is a good modder can give not only new life to a game but extend its life.  Which in turn draws new players to buy the game because more people talk about it.  Thus everyone benefits.

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

sooo that crazy purple green dragon the final boss ?? Looks insane considering we'll be level 8 or something at most. Or level 13 with an expansion....

The low levels is whats going to take away from the longivity of this game IMO..

anyways, how do you get the x,y,x tag of something  like, if I wanted to move myself to map x at position x,y,z   or do we always have to use waypoint_A_1 as you state is off the map. 

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

sooo that crazy purple green dragon the final boss ?? Looks insane considering we'll be level 8 or something at most. Or level 13 with an expansion....

The low levels is whats going to take away from the longivity of this game IMO..

Paladins, Rangers, Clerics, and Fighters were limited to level 8 and below in BG1, and that's with Tales of the Sword Coast.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_tables

that's pretty clever Bester, could you also target vertical and horizontal as well?

Also, I heard talk they were going to also have a beefy gui skin as well. Is that currently in the system? It certainly looks like it was for many of the screen's just not the main ui when you're going about the town. 

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade
  • Like 1

>could you also target vertical and horizontal as well?

You mean change the way portraits are displayed from horizontally to vertically? Hopefully, yeah.

>I heard talk they were going to also have a beefy gui skin as well. Is that currently in the system?

Not as far as I know. The textures might be in there already, but even if they are, they're not assigned to anything.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 2
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I'm with Sensuki. I can't wait to have the combat log in the middle or on the left. The log being on the right drives me so crazy I sometimes scream at the squirrels outside my window.

Co-signed.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

just out of curiosity, is the combat log necessary? I noticed they really get down to the nitty gritty with what's going on under the hood. I feel like the current implementation it is immersion breaking to have to micromanage the log in so much detail to understand what you're doing. You spend more time watching that, then paying attention to the combat or the environment. I would suspect if I'm playing the game, I just want to play the game and not have to read a wall of text every time an action is taken.

Level 12 is the cap without an expansion - Level 'who knows what' with an expansion.

Not going to affect the longevity for me (BG had only 1-8 with TOTSC but then again, there was BG2 to continue it)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Level 12 is the cap without an expansion - Level 'who knows what' with an expansion.

Not going to affect the longevity for me (BG had only 1-8 with TOTSC but then again, there was BG2 to continue it)

BG had (has) loads of longevity without TOTSC and prior to BG2 (and all the mods) IMO. I have never continued from BG1 to BG2, but have played BG now and then every since it was released. For me, BG is not about character builds and there is very little building to do in the original, and PoE will have much more build choices AND twice the level cap. I actually think I prefer a lower level and slower leveling in games like these, although I'd prefer a soft cap.. 

Four legged creatures also can't fly, but that's a common mistake with fantasy dragons

Winged ants, flies, dragon flies, butterflies.

They are "creatures". You never excluded bugs :)

OFC if that's 4+ and not just precisely 4.

If you want specifically 4 then Archaeopteryx. Lizard that could fly. So technically that's 2 legs + 2 arm-wings. They predated birds. Dragons in most fantasy also have more of a 2 front arms and 2 back legs and not just 4 legs.

Do bats count?.

Also it's not "mistake" with fantasy dragons because they are... you know fantasy dragons. It's also not "they can't" fly but rather "we don't know any that could" or any that through evolution were like that. Doesn't exclude the possibility. That + not all dragons have 4 legs :) Game of Thrones dragons look more like wyverns for example but are referred to as dragons so duh.

Edited by Killyox