POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

4.5 -> 4.51

- Fixed a bug, where the 6th portrait highlight would always be on.

- Fixed a bug in the ChangeClass console command.

- Added a console command "ForceAA number". As you may know, you can set the Anti-Aliasing through the Msaa command, but the game doesn't remember this setting and resets it every time you transition to another area. By using ForceAA, the game will remember your desired setting. Accepted parameters are: 0, 2, 4, 8. Default is 4.

- Added a console command "DisableBackerDialogues true/false". It must be used in conjunction with the "Rename Backers" mod. It takes effect after you transition or reload a savegame.

- Added a checkbox in Options -> IE Mod for people who wanted to see all tooltips when pressing TAB.

About ChangeClass.

It now removes all talents and abilities, except racial ones and except Watcher's abilities, but that last part is not entirely true. I haven't progressed deep enough into the story to find all Watcher abilities, so it only makes an exception for Crucible_of_the_Soul. I will include others as I discover them, but for now you will lose them if you're going to respec your main character. You can get them back through the AddAbility console command, so it's not a problem. Note that you will also lose your abilities gained through equipment, but you will regain them as soon as you reload your save.

Can we dream about change companion appearance?

Got the file; thanks a lot original.gif

I can't seem to use the new ForceAA command, however: It gives me an error message that says the command doesn't actually exist.

Is it normal the mod would remember my settings after replacing all its files?

You were either given an older version, or you typed ForceAA without a parameter.

I see you updated the instructions... But the part that I crossed out is is wrong. cat-0011.gif

My iemod folder is located in here:

/Contents/Data/Managed/iemod/...

But it seems like your mod is searching in the following *incorrect* location:

/Contents/Managed/iemod/ ...

Sorry for being a pain in the *** and no worries if you don't have time to fix this for now

Thanks, updated the info.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Got the file; thanks a lot :)

I can't seem to use the new ForceAA command, however: It gives me an error message that says the command doesn't actually exist.

Is it normal the mod would remember my settings after replacing all its files?

Make sure you delete the old "iemod" folder entirely and replace it with the new one, rather than merging and replacing individual files. I had a similar issue, and it was because I did that.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

About ChangeClass.

It now removes all talents and abilities, except racial ones and except Watcher's abilities, but that last part is not entirely true. I haven't progressed deep enough into the story to find all Watcher abilities, so it only makes an exception for Crucible_of_the_Soul. I will include others as I discover them, but for now you will lose them if you're going to respec your main character. You can get them back through the AddAbility console command, so it's not a problem. Note that you will also lose your abilities gained through equipment, but you will regain them as soon as you reload your save.

It wouldn't perhaps be the case that it also removes the stacking bonuses from the bug with equipment and saving? as a kind of hard reset? :/

This was my first thought.

t50aJUd.jpg

About ChangeClass.

It wouldn't perhaps be the case that it also removes the stacking bonuses from the bug with equipment and saving? as a kind of hard reset? :/

About ChangeClass.

This was my first thought.

I checked, it does not fix it. I guess we'll have to wait for an official patch for that.

t50aJUd.jpg

I see you guys also fixed the "AttributeScore" command

i couldn't get it to work in the previous mod version but it seems to work in this one.

I needed it to help change the class of the character.

Anyway i don't really expect this anytime soon, but do you guys have any plans to change the spells and abilities?

Really hoping one day for buffs that work outside combat and maybe work a bit longer.

Though i'm not sure how that will work balance wise but i hope to check it nonetheless.

The no-engagement mod feels really good.

The enemies switch targets very nicely if you attack them so you don't need to run around too much and if they are faster than you, they can still hit you during running.

Kind of feels like it was part of the game all along.

Edited by zimcub

Make sure you delete the old "iemod" folder entirely and replace it with the new one, rather than merging and replacing individual files. I had a similar issue, and it was because I did that.

I've just tried deleting the old iemod folder and even restoring the original Assembly-Csharp.dll, then replace it with the modded one and placing the iemod folder there anew.

The mod still remembered my settings and doesn't want to let me use ForceAA :(

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Bester, is it possible to replace the Backer NPC strings with generic floating text, or better yet, generic text displayed in a dialogue interface? I'm imagining something just like in the IE games, where NPCs would say one of a bunch of random strings - comment on the weather, the political situation, lore bits, etc?

Once I've completed the game and read through the lore books - almanach/collector's book, etc., I'm volunteering to write generic lines. I just feel like having so many mute NPCs is a loss and takes away from the immersion.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Here, https://copy.com/SzJPDQeMupm9YMQL

Since you can't get it from nexus.

Worked!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Bester, is it possible to replace the Backer NPC strings with generic floating text, or better yet, generic text displayed in a dialogue interface? I'm imagining something just like in the IE games, where NPCs would say one of a bunch of random strings - comment on the weather, the political situation, lore bits, etc?

Once I've completed the game and read through the lore books - almanach/collector's book, etc., I'm volunteering to write generic lines. I just feel like having so many mute NPCs is a loss and takes away from the immersion.

Maybe. If you're serious and still feel like doing it, talk to me again when you've finished the game.

On a related note, I'm externalizing the memorial entries in the next version, so if there are any enthusiasts out there who'd like to make the memorials more lore friendly, you'll be able to do that soon.

d473a172ac087191d363dfd53699ffac.jpg

Edited by Bester
  • Like 5
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Anyone know if/how ChangeClass works with Paladin orders?

I know that if you already have an order (or god, for a priest), you keep it. No idea if/how selection works for paladins or priests.

It does not. You can only choose order on creation, and the ChangeClass command does not take you back to creation, it just resets your level to 1.

t50aJUd.jpg

It does not. You can only choose order on creation, and the ChangeClass command does not take you back to creation, it just resets your level to 1.

On a similar note, at present, Hiravias and Sagani lose their unique abilities permanently on using ChangeClass to respec in their current class. Presumably this is because they're not normally options that you can select, so I suppose there may not be an elegant way around that issue.

On a similar note, at present, Hiravias and Sagani lose their unique abilities permanently on using ChangeClass to respec in their current class. Presumably this is because they're not normally options that you can select, so I suppose there may not be an elegant way around that issue.

Same with Kana's Armed to the Teeth.

You can readd this ability though, through AddAbility ta_armed_to_the_teeth or tln_armed_to_the_teeth. (I have no idea what the difference is between a ta_ and tln_ skill, both seem to work.)

Hiravias' skill probably is "spiritshift_hiravias", so you can add that one the same way.

I can't remember what kind of special skill Sagani has, but I'm sure it's in there as well. :)

Can someone explain how the SetTime command works, I'm an idiot. I tried various values, but no matter what it just changes the hour to 26 (it's 22 when I use the command).

It's in 'millihours', so SetTime 13000 gets you "13 o'clock"

• Like 2

@Bester: Do you have anything like an ETA on an IEMod update for the current hotfix?

I don't want to be pushy, it's just ... I am starting to find the game unplayable when NPCs are surrounded by green circles. It grates at me in a way I can't explain.

(Yes, that's insane.)

• Like 2

@Bester: Do you have anything like an ETA on an IEMod update for the current hotfix?

I don't want to be pushy, it's just ... I am starting to find the game unplayable when NPCs are surrounded by green circles. It grates at me in a way I can't explain.

(Yes, that's insane.)

It's not insane at all. I can't play without the IEMod anymore either. I've already decided to not play until 1.04 and the IEMod update for it has both come out. The IEMod just has features that never should've been left out of the main game. The fact that it fixes the ridiculous movement recovery speed penalty is just gravy.

I maintain that the decision to make Allies and Neutral characters have the same circle colours is the single dumbest decision in the game. A lot of things can be chalked up to constraints, other things can be explained by mechanics interacting in a way they simply didn't foresaw, and yet more issues can be considered questionable judgement or personal taste.

But this one thing is just the dumbest **** ever and is indefensible.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

I maintain that the decision to make Allies and Neutral characters have the same circle colours is the single dumbest decision in the game. A lot of things can be chalked up to constraints, other things can be explained by mechanics interacting in a way they simply didn't foresaw, and yet more issues can be considered questionable judgement or personal taste.

But this one thing is just the dumbest **** ever and is indefensible.

Yeah.

It doesn't help that I recently persuaded my significant other to play their first IE game, and we've been playing Tutu side-by-side. I see those little cyan circles and my heart just lights up.

And then I try to play in a friendly area of PoE and it turns to ash and everything is suffering.

• Like 1