POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

Can anyone figure out how to change people's Attributes? I want to change Durance's intelligence but the command "AttributeScore" which is what I've found just doesn't seem to work. I've also seen that "iroll20s" is required. I can get that command to work but not AttributeScore, any advice appreciated.

Are you doing AttributeScore Durance Intelligence 20?

You need to do "FindCharacter Durance", you'll get something like NPC_Durance(Clone)_0 in the console command. So then use this name instead of just "Durance" for the attributescore command.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Can anyone figure out how to change people's Attributes? I want to change Durance's intelligence but the command "AttributeScore" which is what I've found just doesn't seem to work. I've also seen that "iroll20s" is required. I can get that command to work but not AttributeScore, any advice appreciated.

You need to do "FindCharacter Durance", you'll get something like NPC_Durance(Clone)_0 in the console command. So then use this name instead of just "Durance" for the attributescore command.

My Durance is showing as Companion_GGP(Clone)_2. I am able to modify him using GGP and save some typing.

Also, for anyone interested there are a couple of nice cheat tables in the cheatengine forum that allow editing most of this stuff easily as well.

Edited by Corivar

Ahhhhh it's working! Thank you very much. I just wanted to switch some points from his Resolve to his Intellect so he can be a great Buffer/Debuffer rather than the stupid stats they gave him. 

Still unable to download even though the download count is going up; not sure what is wrong but I sure hope you guys can provide an alternative host like you did for the prior version :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm curious, does anyone know a way to increase the base number of spells a Wizard can cast per day? I'm not talking about unlimited since I find that dumb, but I've always found in BG/IWD and the like that the base number developers put in is to restrictive and I like the freedom of more, just 1 or 2 more per day. Any help appreciated.

I can't do this for my own PC.

Every time I do: "FindCharacter True Menace" nothing but an error comes up so I can't get my own PC ID.

It says "No command or script 'FindCharacter' accepting 2 parameters exists."

Ok I found out your supposed to use "Player" instead of your actual PC...

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

I can't do this for my own PC.

Every time I do: "FindCharacter True Menace" nothing but an error comes up so I can't get my own PC ID.

It says "No command or script 'FindCharacter' accepting 2 parameters exists."

Ok I found out your supposed to use "Player" instead of your actual PC...

That's cause you're feeding it two parameters - "True" and "Menace", while it accepts only one. Just do FindCharacter Menace next time.

I would like to ask if the GameObject browser is still a part of the mod, and if it is, how is it activated?

Console command TT

Edited by Bester

Well you can tell the dude he was wrong wink.png This is the correct path:

/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/Data/Managed

But... this is the same path that he indicated. And this is the same path that I have on the mod's site. Now I'm confused.

Is this instruction correct or not? "Place the contents of the archive into Steam ▸ steamapps ▸ common ▸ Pillars of Eternity ▸ PillarsOfEternity.app ▸ Contents ▸ Data ▸ Managed"

Ah, sorry for the confusion: this is the correct path, yes ! 

However, for me the mod looks at the wrong path ('Contents/Data/Managed' became 'Contents/Managed')

See the log in the screenshot attached 

2015_03_27_00001.jpg

Basically only missing the '/Data/' in path. 

What's the biggest possible resolution for the game? I want to start designing a HUD texture and I want to begin with the largest resolution so I can scale down fast.

I think current in-game assets are 1920x1080 but you can play up to whatever resolution your monitor supports.

Right now I set the game to run at 5120x2880 using nvidia DSR (that's basically 2560x1440 with SSAA 4X—the game is rendered at 5120x2880 and scaled down to 2560x1440 to fit my monitor's native resolution).

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What's the biggest possible resolution for the game? I want to start designing a HUD texture and I want to begin with the largest resolution so I can scale down fast.

1920*1080 is the largest it seems, bigger resolutions only upscale this one.

• Like 1

Yeah no one on this forum knows more about this than me so a few things.  First Bester already told you that 1920x1080 is the max, so you know that.  I will also let you know scaling the UI doesn't work half as well as you probably think it will.  If you are going to make downscaled versions of your UI you will have to adjust it by hand.  No simply scaling to the proper resolution won't work, even if it is still a 16x9 resolution often times it still scales in a different way than the game does.  Hopefully in the future bester can impliment the ability to overwrite "all" of the textures in game which will make this considerably easier because then all you will have to do is make a new texture to replace the default one, then make UI "blocks" as needed to block out the elements inside some art border or something.

The mod just isn't at that point yet though.

So long story short, making a truly custom HUD for this game is a lot of work.  If you are just doing it for yourself and your own enjoyment I suggest just making what you want and letting it go at that.  If you really want it to support all kinds of resolutions and be used by others just be ready for a ton of work.  If you want to ask some specific info about spacing or how the party windows work in detail, etc etc, I will happy to talk to you about it in pm's.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

If you are going to make downscaled versions of your UI you will have to adjust it by hand.  No simply scaling to the proper resolution won't work, even if it is still a 16x9 resolution often times it still scales in a different way than the game does.

I knew that already but thanks original.gif I was meaning to downscale them by hand from the beginning exactly because of the degradation of image quality that would have resulted if I just resized the biggest resolution. I thought there was a set number of supported resolutions by the game, but I suppose it adapts to whatever the videocard/display can support.

So long story short, making a truly custom HUD for this game is a lot of work.  If you are just doing it for yourself and your own enjoyment I suggest just making what you want and letting it go at that.  If you really want it to support all kinds of resolutions and be used by others just be ready for a ton of work.  If you want to ask some specific info about spacing or how the party windows work in detail, etc etc, I will happy to talk to you about it in pm's.

It's repetitive work but not very difficult. I use Photoshop for work too, so I'm not a complete noob. It was also of help that I had your files to use as a template.

I just released my first Hud UI today: http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/8/?

Thanks a lot for all your guys work!

Edited by Gairnulf
  • Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

My talents seem to be duplicate after leveling up (with XP, not as the result of a command) so I use ChangeClass each time the duplication appears.

A remove ability command would be great.

P.S. : Thank you Bester for the mod. I really like it :)

Edited by Kelth

4.5 -> 4.51
- Fixed a bug, where the 6th portrait highlight would always be on.
- Fixed a bug in the ChangeClass console command.
- Added a console command "ForceAA number". As you may know, you can set the Anti-Aliasing through the Msaa command, but the game doesn't remember this setting and resets it every time you transition to another area. By using ForceAA, the game will remember your desired setting. Accepted parameters are: 0, 2, 4, 8. Default is 4.
- Added a console command "DisableBackerDialogues true/false". It must be used in conjunction with the "Rename Backers" mod. It takes effect after you transition or reload a savegame.
- Added a checkbox in Options -> IE Mod for people who wanted to see all tooltips when pressing TAB.

About ChangeClass.
It now removes all talents and abilities, except racial ones and except Watcher's abilities, but that last part is not entirely true. I haven't progressed deep enough into the story to find all Watcher abilities, so it only makes an exception for Crucible_of_the_Soul. I will include others as I discover them, but for now you will lose them if you're going to respec your main character. You can get them back through the AddAbility console command, so it's not a problem. Note that you will also lose your abilities gained through equipment, but you will regain them as soon as you reload your save.

• Like 6

About ChangeClass.

It now removes all talents and abilities, except racial ones and except Watcher's abilities, but that last part is not entirely true. I haven't progressed deep enough into the story to find all Watcher abilities, so it only makes an exception for Crucible_of_the_Soul. I will include others as I discover them, but for now you will lose them if you're going to respec your main character. You can get them back through the AddAbility console command, so it's not a problem. Note that you will also lose your abilities gained through equipment, but you will regain them as soon as you reload your save.

It wouldn't perhaps be the case that it also removes the stacking bonuses from the bug with equipment and saving? as a kind of hard reset? :/

Could a kind soul download this from Nexus and send it my way? I keep getting the error message :-\ PM me for contact details. Thanks!

Hey Bester, it's still not working on Mac.

For MacOS: same thing for this path Steam ▸ steamapps ▸ common ▸ Pillars of Eternity ▸ PillarsOfEternity.app ▸ Contents ▸ Data ▸ Managed
       Or as some say, it should be in Contents/Data... It's unclear to me because I don't have a Mac, so just try both if you're having troubles.

I see you updated the instructions... But the part that I crossed out is is wrong. cat-0011.gif

My iemod folder is located in here:
/Contents/Data/Managed/iemod/...

But it seems like your mod is searching in the following *incorrect* location:
/Contents/Managed/iemod/ ...

Sorry for being a pain in the *** and no worries if you don't have time to fix this for now 

So with ChangeClass - if racial abilities are no longer removed, then you shouldn't have to use AddAbility for anything unless you're respeccing the Watcher, right?

Sounds great. Much obliged for all of your hard work.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Got the file; thanks a lot :)

I can't seem to use the new ForceAA command, however: It gives me an error message that says the command doesn't actually exist.

Is it normal the mod would remember my settings after replacing all its files?